Forums

Help › Forums

Young46 vs Alpenpirat

Wed, Apr 7 2021 4:18 AM (3 replies)
  • alpenpirat
    1,123 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2021 11:25 PM

Nice that i can found the vids from Young46 by YouTube as to read better the roules. 

So far i learend have set the pin with the square.

Young has a completely different system. He sets the pin, adjusts the pin with the same hole distance,and then calculates the distance according to the clock.

Now the confusion for the calculation starts with me.
    Because I have to completely change my previous system.

Its a hard to understand him well, why english is not my home language as well. 
    How to calculate the stroke in relation to the distance & wind strength?
    Hes clock shows like this: 

straight

12:30

38 %

1:00

55 %

1:30

70 %

2:00

82 %

2:30

94 %

3:00

100 %

and so on. 
    Then he uses a ruler to set the pin, or to use it as a calculation standard. where can I find this?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2021 6:47 AM

alpenpirat:
    Then he uses a ruler to set the pin

You may want to watch Young's "newer" videos... especially when it comes to PCEA. He no longer uses the ruler that you speak of. I believe the ruler video was made quite some time ago when using the flash version.

Don

• Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2021 9:58 AM

I personnally use the grid to set up wind toss. With trials and errors you can eventually nail the numbers.

The grid is 4.5 square left or right wide. Use these squares to figure what is best for you. I personnally used Young46's meter system from the flash version, but now the grid from new version makes things even easier, for me at least.

RSS