Forums

Help › Forums

Opponent Forfeit During Showdown

Sat, Sep 25 2021 2:05 PM (49 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    1,982 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2021 10:09 PM

pdb1:
      The suggestion that one never clicks CANCEL is a good one . But there is an error message that won't RETRY . And you must click CANCEL . It won't cancel you . 

And yet again you don't know wtf you are talking about.  I've said it 30 times. Plus. 

Hard close the app and restart it. Stop posting your clueless BS.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 1:00 AM

Mythanatos:

pdb1:
      The suggestion that one never clicks CANCEL is a good one . But there is an error message that won't RETRY . And you must click CANCEL . It won't cancel you . 

And yet again you don't know wtf you are talking about.  I've said it 30 times. Plus. 

Hard close the app and restart it. Stop posting your clueless BS.

EDIT : This was a common and recommended solution in the past . Especially in the first say 6 years of Flash . If you found yourself spinning and spinning . A restart would actually reboot you , restart the game client , and allow you to resume .

This method may still be safe for a single player . Reconnecting intentionally and resuming the game . But not if it ends the match and reboots . You will not return to the game in this new platform .

And is also risky to your opponent if their

Before the tee . Is taking a few more seconds than you like . It is recommended that you be patient . Wait another 5 to 10 seconds for him to load . The tee will load up and there will be no more delays . The game will play as perfectly as it can .

Hey buddy I'm getting tired of your bullying , You need to stop . Everything I am posting is verifiable and proven facts .

You are the one posting harmful info .

Your program likely runs better than average . If you restart for every little lag or hiccup . You may be causing the other player more grief .

This will not help your opponent . It will restart his LOADING RENDERING OBJECTS . Which will take longer on each reconnect .

And or end the game . With one of you receiving an unwarranted forfeit . Most likely your opponent . Which you may quickly move on from . Taking the easy forfeit . Not giving it another thought .

Meanwhile the opponent still is viewing all the screens telling him that You are the winner . And finally the scorecard verifying that the opponent was robbed . ( in those early forfeits , many times a score card is not produced . The last screen you will see is the WINNING screen with him getting all the coins . )

You need to think about that . Is that really the way you want to get a win ?

Or is taking a few more seconds at the beginning . To allow them a little more time to load .

To then play a good coin match . A coin match that is important to coin players . Not because of the statistics or lowering ones average . Or even the win or loss . But because they are fun , fast paced highly competitive in a sporting way .

There is a winner . Who wins a few coins . Which in the end doesn't even matter . It was the excitement of completing the  very competitive match with any other tier . Having the benefit of a degree of parity with the random green speeds . And in some rooms the tiered tees .

I have mega more experience with these specific glitches and errors than you . I have over 1500 screen shots of these scenarios . I have studied them . And I am an expert .

How much have you paid attention to them . Probably not much . You haven't seen them . They don't effect you . You wouldn't have a need to concern yourself with them .

I am serious please restrain yourself from anymore comments on these subjects you know nothing about .

You may never believe me or give me credit for anything . That is your choice . So you can also choose to ignore me . If you aren't willing to help me with my crusade to fix and eliminate these glitches and errors . Then stay out of it please .

Thank you .

EDIT : I have gone into GR8 length and details about dozens of these problems . With Member Services .

I could do that here . And I have in some threads . But I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you . One who has a good running system . One who rarely sees these errors and glitches . One who it doesn't effect .

Along with this error that I posted earlier . There are many more that do not respond to the RETRY button . The error will keep returning until you click the CANCEL button . 

In these particular instances . It is recommended and necessary to use the CANCEL feature .

Even the OP states it

SpikeMike:
    While playing a 3-hole Showdown round, my opponent forfeited. The game put up an error message; clicking "retry" did nothing so I clicked "cancel". The game showed me as loading, and then without ever giving me a shot clock, said my time had expired.

I do not think what happened after he clicked CANCEL was a result of clicking CANCEL . More likely it was the player that forfeited that caused the corruption of the rest of the round .

The forfeiters actions probably  caused the system to work faster to exit the forfeiter .

Then initiating a false message like this , telling you you didn't return in time . Giving you a forfeit .

Or this one that is vague . In these the forfeit could go either way :

Which is more BS . When you didn't go anywhere . You just sat there and watched all of this transpire. Then get blamed for it . And be given a false forfeit .

The OP mentioned that as well .

SpikeMike:
    said my time had expired.

These have all been submitted to member services . With me getting responses saying the program is not supposed to react this way . And are working very hard to fix it .

These are just the tip of the iceberg . There are many more glitches and errors that are not doing what they are programmed to do . Assigning false reports and forfeits .

This is real and is happening . If you don't want to believe it or like it . Then just go on to the next thread . And do not spend another minute trying to discredit me .

pdb1:
    The fact is . They are aware of it . They are working very hard on it . It has improved over the last month .

pdb1:

They have also made it so if your opponent forfeits . You can continue solo to the end of the round .

Sometimes no matter what you do . These error/glitches take you out . Then you get the bogeys .

But if your opponent forfeits . Try to stay and continue solo .

This new fix only occurs in the Showdowns .

Thank you .

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 2:19 AM

Errors like these here , are different and must be retried until your connection is regained .

They don't even have a CANCEL button .

Another frustrating and falsely forced are the :

Freezing is another unfortunate glitch that sometimes leads to forfeits . But not always . If you find yourself and your opponent frozen . And the chat is still working . Then there is a very good chance that in the next 3 to 5 minutes . The game will automatically reconnect . And allow you and your opponent to return to the match . This has happened to me 7 times .

On the other hand . If the freeze results in no communication with the opponent . And he appears to be gone . He probably is . The game will stay in the screen you are in forever . The only way out is use the left side menu and exit the game .

You will get this screen

And will have no choice but to choose the WITHDRAW button . Which will give you another false forfeit .

Member Services can see the activity during the time lines . If you report to them . The time of the error and the coin room . They will see the outcome you describe to them .

You will get your entry fee returned .

• Mythanatos
    1,982 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 8:54 AM

deleted.

you know what it's just not worth it... 

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 10:37 AM

Mythanatos:

deleted.

What's not worth it ? To be negative , to discredit me , to insult me , to push your holier than thou on me ?

I would think not .

I would much rather have discussions and try to resolve problems .

Stop disputing my facts and trying to pick apart my posts . That is not what these forums are for .

Please see that there is truth in everything I post . If you can't do that . Then please stay away .

Thank you .

EDIT : My posts are obviously not for you . If you can't relate to them .

These are here to help the players that do experience these issues . To provide answers for those that can relate .

I am on topic . And am open to info that can enlighten me as well .

• Mythanatos
    1,982 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 11:02 AM

pdb1:

Mythanatos:

deleted.

What's not worth it ? To be negative , to discredit me , to insult me , to push your holier than thou on me ?

I would think not .

I would much rather have discussions and try to resolve problems .

Stop disputing my facts and trying to pick apart my posts . That is not what these forums are for .

Please see that there is truth in everything I post . If you can't do that . Then please stay away .

Thank you .

EDIT : My posts are obviously not for you . If you can't relate to them .

These are here to help the players that do experience these issues . To provide answers for those that can relate .

I am on topic . And am open to info that can enlighten me as well .

there will never be a resolution. 

You don't have the self awareness, the cognitive ability, the WGT knowledge, or the WGT skill  necessary.

So keep posting meandering drivel and some people will attempt to minimize the damage and correct as needed.  

Although most of them gave up over the years after just being beaten down with pure ignorance. 

• SamSpayed
    3,430 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 12:45 PM

Mythanatos:

You don't have the self awareness, the cognitive ability, the WGT knowledge, or the WGT skill  necessary.

So keep posting meandering drivel and some people will attempt to minimize the damage and correct as needed. 

Sammy's Law

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 2:57 PM

SamSpayed:

Mythanatos:

Sammy's Law

You guys are wrong on all accounts . The fact that in this day in age that you all think that all this hating is acceptable . Shows your childish minds . It makes you look very bad . I would be embarrassed to display that sort of view of yourself in public .

I would also beat either one of you half of the time we played . Anytime .

As far as my WGT knowledge . I have both of you beat by many years . My self awareness is sharp as a tack . Cognitive skills are way above normal .

However I wish all this negativity would stop . I have not returned any of your juvenile attacks . I only respond to defend myself . As long as you continue . I will continue to rebuke you .   But I am asking you to please stop .

IDK if you actually think you are funny ? I am sure that most do not think so . It is a sad testament to you both to get your validation from only the infamous trolls of old .

• SamSpayed
    3,430 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 5:52 PM

pdb1:
      I am on topic .

pdb1:

Enjoy your day, Paul ­čśü

• WigerToods2010
    8,086 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 5:58 PM

SamSpayed:

pdb1:
      I am on topic .

pdb1:

You forgot this one...

pdb1:
    And I am an expert .

Never known anyone posting on here to use "I" as often as dear Pablo.

Exhibit 'A', M'Laud.

RSS