Forums

Help › Forums

Opponent Forfeit During Showdown

Sat, Sep 25 2021 2:05 PM (49 replies)
  • SpikeMike
    51 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 7:05 PM

While playing a 3-hole Showdown round, my opponent forfeited. The game put up an error message; clicking "retry" did nothing so I clicked "cancel". The game showed me as loading, and then without ever giving me a shot clock, said my time had expired. I reloaded the game and it also gave me a forfeit, with two bogeys. Not fair- I did not quit the round.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 7:37 PM

It's a known bug/issue that has been going on forever since the very first day the showdown thing was born. The best is keep yourself away from it.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 7:09 AM

every month same thing...

yet again.

do not hit cancel. cancel will give you the bogeys.

close the app and restart it. you'll have to replay those three holes but you won't get the bogeys.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 3:36 PM
    Mythanatos:

every month same thing...

yet again.

do not hit cancel. cancel will give you the bogeys.

close the app and restart it. you'll have to replay those three holes but you won't get the bogeys.

Had this today. Wish it had happened on the 3 holes where I had a lost ball rather than the 3 where I had a 5 footer for -4.
  • AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 4:04 PM
  • saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 4:45 AM

@AussieMike11 - thank you 

• SpikeMike
    51 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2021 5:37 AM

It just happened again, except this time my opponent forfeited on the first hole, before even taking a shot. I got a message that he forfeited and the game was over. I was declared winner (198 coins) and then given THREE BOGEYS without even playing the round! No retry-cancel option, no timeout, nothing! This is crap WGT or Topgolf: whoever's running this damn game!

• blackwidow1
    674 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2021 7:09 PM

SpikeMike:

It just happened again, except this time my opponent forfeited on the first hole, before even taking a shot. I got a message that he forfeited and the game was over. I was declared winner (198 coins) and then given THREE BOGEYS without even playing the round! No retry-cancel option, no timeout, nothing! This is crap WGT or Topgolf: whoever's running this damn game!

Same thing has just happened to me not once but twice. It really sucks WGT won't do anything to fix this and it means i am +6 and haven't even played any holes yet. Many times I have thought about stopping playing this game as there are so many inconsistences in the game as a whole not just the showdowns

RSS