Help › Forums

Legend saturation happens when?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 22 2024 10:01 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BrodieDogg
    22 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 9:56 AM

I have a question that WGT member services can't (won't?) answer.  How many ranked rounds does it take for a legend to reach saturation?  In 2020 I reached Legend, having played 563 ranked rounds (RRs), according to my Stats page.  In January of 2021 I had played 1063 RRs, and expected my average score to saturate.  It hasn't.  When I play a round that is above my avg, my average score goes up. 

I have read on these forum pages that Legends should reach saturation after 500 RRs at Legend level.  I have done that.  Seems either WGT is miscalculating my score or else something else is going on here that I'm not aware of.

I'd appreciate community input because, as I suggested, the folks at WGT who answer queries have not been helpful.

BrodieDogg (John)

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 4:28 PM

Don't know how you might of read 50.  IIRC Legend is either 500 or 750 RR(at Legend, no matter how many RR you actually have) to reach saturation.  It's searchable over to the right.( I didn't as it's of no real interest to me)

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 6:37 PM

BrodieDogg:

I have a question that WGT member services can't (won't?) answer.  How many ranked rounds does it take for a legend to reach saturation?  In 2020 I reached Legend, having played 563 ranked rounds (RRs), according to my Stats page.  In January of 2021 I had played 1063 RRs, and expected my average score to saturate.  It hasn't.  When I play a round that is above my avg, my average score goes up. 

I have read on these forum pages that Legends should reach saturation after 50 RRs at Legend level.  I have done that.  Seems either WGT is miscalculating my score or else something else is going on here that I'm not aware of.

I'd appreciate community input because, as I suggested, the folks at WGT who answer queries have not been helpful.

BrodieDogg (John)

The saturation number is 500 ranked rounds at Legend tier.

Please be aware that the following rounds will show up in your stats but do not count toward average or toward the number of required ranked rounds for saturation: par 3s, par 5s, and custom courses.

It appears that you play some custom courses. In determining rounds played for saturation, those rounds need to be backed out of your calculation in how many rounds you've played.

• BrodieDogg
    22 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 10:25 PM

I meant to write 500.  I don’t know what search at right means.  I searched the forum and have not found a clear answer.  Also, you say 500 or 750.  That’s a big difference.  Which is it?  Why can’t WGT provide clear criteria that members can count on?  ( That last question is directed to WGT member services, not to you, garyk)

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 7:56 AM

BrodieDogg:

I meant to write 500.  I don’t know what search at right means.  I searched the forum and have not found a clear answer.  Also, you say 500 or 750.  That’s a big difference.  Which is it?  Why can’t WGT provide clear criteria that members can count on?  ( That last question is directed to WGT member services, not to you, garyk)

on the right hand side of the page right under getting started is an area called search, that you can enter something in the space to search the forum for.  I did not look it up as I am already TL, I was trying to remember whether it was 500 or 750.  But If I am not mistaken, Robert answered your question of 500.  

I understood that the last question was not directed towards me.  But in answer, WGT is not very forthright with information concerning a lot of the aspects of this game.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 8:01 AM

BrodieDogg:

With respect, I provided you with a clear answer. Did you not see it?

And who knows why WGT has always refused to provide clear criteria on tiering up. They just don't. By the way, here's a link to a post with the current criteria:

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/387781/4260113.aspx#4260113

And before anyone chimes in and says "that's not true because I know someone who tiered up with X average and Y ranked rounds," that's not the only path to tiering up. There are other paths.

For example, those who exclusively or almost exclusively play coin games tier up based upon some other criteria.  

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 9:17 AM

Just posting this to show you the variety of ways to tier up. (and pay attention to robert's post he explained exactly why you aren't saturated yet.

in regards to my numbers understand that I avoid red tee tourneys unless its a custom course. Mainly because i didn't want to artificially increase the pace at which I tier up.

I went from Master to Tour Master by winning a Ready go. I don't have the numbers for that one.

I went from TM to Legend the same way. the average was 61.94 and 203 RR.

I hit saturation for legend  at 1060 Ranked Rounds.  so for me it took 857 rounds.  357 had to have been par 3s par 5s or custom courses.

after that it took another 313 rounds to drop it low enough to Tier up to Tour Legend.  Hit TL with 1373 RRs

around this time i sgo from about half mobile to half PC to  playing coin games almost exclusively and really cut down on the ranked rounds that I was  playing which was already a low pace compared to most.

7 months later I Hit Champion with 1442 Total Ranked Rounds.  So...I only had 69 ranked rounds at the time between TL and Champion. 

So it's not all about Ranked Rounds. multitude of ways to tier. 

personally my advice is to not rush it like most to. there is zero benefit to it. let it happen when it happens. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 10:07 PM

As said by others, there are different ways to tier up. But since the question was how many rounds it takes to saturate one's average, Robert was correct. 500 rounds at legend tier and Best of par 3s, par 5s, Bandon or any custom course don't count. 

• BrodieDogg
    22 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 6:17 PM

Thanks to all who responded to my original question.  So, I’ve played in excess or 500 Rrs as Legend but have not reached saturation because some don’t count toward that 500 criterion.  Okay.  I really hardly play par 3 ot par 5 courses cause they are less interesting.  But, what’s the definition of a Custom course? (Yes I searched but did not find).

I play maybe 20% country club courses that are not amalgamations of holes from different courses.  Courses Such as Erin hills or congressional played under non-Legend conditions.  Is that ‘Custom’?

if I enter a tireless bracket tournament (excluding par 3 or par 5 courses), do those rounds count as Rrs contributing to my saturation?

can someone tell me how to identify a custom course by WGT definition.

Thanks,  BrodieDogg

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 7:26 AM

BrodieDogg:
    Thanks to all who responded to my original question.  So, I’ve played in excess or 500 Rrs as Legend but have not reached saturation because some don’t count toward that 500 criterion.  Okay.  I really hardly play par 3 ot par 5 courses cause they are less interesting.  But, what’s the definition of a Custom course? (Yes I searched but did not find).

A custom course would be a club tournament that someone created and will be labeled as such. The tournament will have the "custom course" logo imprinted. The logo is just to the left of the flag in the lower, left-hand corner. It's the flag with the gear around it. In this case, the description also says "Easy Custom Course."

From your score history, here's an example of one you played. Below that is a link that further explains custom courses and how they're set up.

I hope this helps.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/436555/2983950.aspx#2983950

• PAGES
RSS