Forums

Help › Forums

Game keeps crashing

Sun, Jan 15 2023 11:15 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RyjaTybas
    5,139 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 8:49 AM

Just like a "real" PC game - this new version keeps crashing - about every couple of days or so....and its very annoying.

And its no ordinary crash either, because it freezes my whole PC.

Even Alt-tab-del doesn't work and I have to use the reset button.

Given ongoing issues with multi-play - this badly designed game is starting to give me more pain than pleasure.

Come on WGT - you've had over a year to create a new game - but you've failed miserably - and instead given us this totally buggy crap.

Another ex-player coming your way unless it improves.

Ryja

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 2:33 PM

I've been playing only the new version since January 2020 and have never once had it crash on me the way you describe. It seems that just as was true in the flash version, each person's experience varies.

• RyjaTybas
    5,139 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 3:36 PM

Thanks for the comment. I was wondering if it was a common problem.

As a gamer, these crashes are unusual and always happen when I'm on WGT - and are worse than the old Flash crashes.

But, as ever, pinning it down is hard.

I need a better hammer.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 10:14 PM

Wutpa:

I've been playing only the new version since January 2020 and have never once had it crash on me the way you describe. It seems that just as was true in the flash version, each person's experience varies.

Like you, I've played since it first came out, never had a crash or really a cause of any sort of issues which I'd describe as 'bad', causing the game to become unplayable.

Until a week ago... it started with the avatar database issues going around.. where the avatar defaults to either the female or male character upon changing apparel and either restarting the game or going back to lobby after a round.  There is some issue for sure, something within the last update, only seems to affect PC players, not doing it on the Mac I tried it on last week.

That exception is the game trying to write to an address it doesn't have permissions for. It seems to do it when the game is sitting idle, both times for me anyway. So perhaps it's trying access power management or something. No idea, but it was never an issue up until recently. Before you ask, my version of Windows doesn't update.(not a commercial release) so it's not an update issue there.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 11:38 PM

RyjaTybas:

Just like a "real" PC game - this new version keeps crashing - about every couple of days or so....and its very annoying.

And its no ordinary crash either, because it freezes my whole PC.

I had this with a very early version of EA - I then refused to play it until Flash was no more.

Alas, now, the Windows app has been running smoothly until an update a few days ago. It "loaded" infinitively, and I needed my admin skills to solve that riddle (=> run the app as an admin).

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 5:41 AM

Last night on my iPad the game kept crashing too , just kept booting me out of the game , I uninstalled app , closed iPad , waited 5 mins , started iPad , reloaded app , and all was fine.  We have had cold snowy icy weather wondered if that was the problem , but it’s still icy and snowy and no probs today.

• DAputts
    1,772 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 6:49 PM

Ok so here is my problem....I just came from a session of call to duty multi. not a problem with me and the team. I log in to wgt got to the game rooms pick a room and it's 5 mins to load...i get to the tee and tee off and bang...the game goes to updating profile and then 10 mins later I'm writing this. had log in to wgt because Ikeep getting a  error message that you can't get a singal...wth wgt..

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 7:48 PM

DAputts:

Ok so here is my problem....I just came from a session of call to duty multi. not a problem with me and the team. I log in to wgt got to the game rooms pick a room and it's 5 mins to load...i get to the tee and tee off and bang...the game goes to updating profile and then 10 mins later I'm writing this. had log in to wgt because Ikeep getting a  error message that you can't get a singal...wth wgt.

Try using a VPN and connecting to a server away from you... like east coast vs west coast... If you connect into game fine, go back and try it without the VPN - see if you get the connection issues.If you do just play through the VPN.

• DAputts
    1,772 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2021 10:05 AM

thanks will give it a try

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 7:59 AM

dedBuNNy:
    I log in to wgt got to the game rooms pick a room and it's 5 mins to load...i get to the tee and tee off and bang...the game goes to updating profile

dedBuNNy:
    keep getting a  error message that you can't get a singal...wth wgt.

Have you had any improvement on this? I have been having this since the last Clash game I was playing on Friday evening.

Every second shot it will freeze or hang as much as 20 seconds before the 'Retry" appears. Then it sits and spins and Resolves every shot, every click of the mouse it freezes, always 'waiting to connect to the server. Forums work good though. 

Just all of a sudden things go from fine to totally unplayable and in a wait for the server to connect mode...over and over again. This is day 3...

• PAGES
RSS