• tramilleo
    1,868 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2021 5:14 AM

welp.............., dont worry we all get our chance at it too

• YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2021 2:10 AM

Borat74:

It is with Deepest Sympathy that i have to Announce the Passing of a Long time Friend and our CC Owner YankeeJim.

His son informed our CC late last night of his passing and we are all in complete Shock.

Jim loved playing this game and was nearly always available for ALT/MP games and many of us have enjoyed lots of games with Jim.

Jim was very active in both the CC and Main Forums of WGT and always voiced his opinion,its a sad loss to the Community and even more so our CC.

All at Cosa Nostra send there thoughts and prayers with Jim,s family at this difficult time.

Rest in Peace my Friend.

I never knew him, only read some of his posts which were/are infused with wisdom and wit...a combination that few can achieve, let alone nearly evertime, thousands of times, which tells me he was a man of integrity, humour but above all, wisdom. Not so much intelligence, though that too, noe education, which dégradés thinking for oneself nowadays, but he maybe educated at a time when it was possible to relieve what it’s meant to. 

I noticed he was a Cabinetmaker...just like Our Lord, but he said it was Jesus Father and brother who were, as the brother was James, so jokingly said he had an inbuilt advantage, which showed humility.

His last round was on (2.5.21), thé same day of the PST above which tells me it was sudden. I had a best friend and mentor who died of a heart attack on 5.12.20 and a few days before, I have a text, still on my phone, saying “where are you, rumours of your demise are circulating”. I hadn’t heard from him in a while. Turns out he felt ill for 2 weeks, but was turned away even though he knew he had the symptoms of an impending heart attack, due to Covid priorities. 

Prayer to his family, but, like all great people, he wrote down his knowledge to share, so the WGT Community has his wisdom forever.

Thanks YankeeJim

YouLostToALoser

————————————————————————————————————————

So Americans, our NHS is not what the media would have you believe...any problems is just funding. It’s a monopoly and everyone has to pay, without there consent as it’s taken out of paychecks and Tax Returns as “National Insurance”. It sounds good in theory, but is bureaucratic and a money drain in practice...never enough money to fund it as we all get sick and die. There mission is to stop that therefore could fall short with infinite resources by definition, until immortality is achieved, then people will have less need to have babies, but still people will die in accidents etc. 870yrs being the average lifespan of a ‘immortal’ due to accidents, suicide etc.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2021 6:27 PM

This is not the place for that, YLTAL.

• tramilleo
    1,868 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 6:23 PM

^^^^you a prolific poster how did you not see this hahahaha

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2021 3:33 PM

Sad to hear about Jim's passing. Had the pleasure of playing a few matches with Jim over the years. He certainly would say things exactly how they were and pulled no punches. Got my instant respect.

R.I.P Jim. 

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2021 4:48 PM

pdb1:

tramilleo:

^^^^you a prolific poster how did you not see this hahahaha

I can't even imagine what you might mean about being a profile poster .

So whatever you think a " profile poster " is . I am not one .

No doubt you're a complete fookin idiot though.

• trickee
    314 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2021 10:22 PM

My thoughts and Prayers go out to all of Jim's family. I like everyone else over the years have read his thoughts here in this forum, and have had the good fortune to play with him on various occasion's. I know he will surely be missed.

† God Bless you Jim †

RSS