Forums

Help › Forums

Is it weird that I play best with the default ball ?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 18 2021 5:45 PM (6 replies)
  • Markofteja
    251 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 8:42 AM

I’ve been trying a whole lotta fancy balls lately but now that I am back to the default ones, it turns out that those play better for me. My putting is better and I am scoring decently. 

I am just afraid that I am gonna miss out on some of the spin features of the fancy balls.  

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 8:53 AM

I play well with starters also

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 10:27 AM

I think it kind of depends what you know best. So if you have played with starters for a long time you will know how they play. If you buy new balls even the most expensive you are not going to be so familiar with them and therefore not play as well. 
    Stick with what you know . 

• Ka9shk
    33 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 6:41 AM

You are. 

I played amazingly well till I was a master too with that Rock ball

But expensive balls are a game changer. They reduced my average from 63 to below 60. Plus after becoming legend. You need balls to keep the meter slow and meter becomes more fast. They give you better control on shots in which the hole is just beside the bunker or fringe, as the expensive balls don’t bounce and roll. Just just drop directly where you want period.

also free balls don’t stop on dime on a few holes, they have roll factor on a few holes with certain slope. Drivers and 3 woods play and go father will expensive balls. 

the wedges work good with new balls.  

mind you all of this needs learning and knowing the new ball.
    also a good ball can take your 220 3iron to 235 or even 240-250 with some wind.

Learn the BS and no BS and how much more you can get via changing the dots of spin in your ball. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 4:18 PM

Ka9shk:
    Plus after becoming legend. You need balls to keep the meter slow and meter becomes more fast.

The meter becomes faster once you reach the legend tier??? You sure about this?

I agree with you for the rest.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 4:40 PM

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 5:45 PM

TopShelf2010:
    In my opinion what is happening is this... as you upgrade your clubs the meter increases in speed. Give and take for the precision of the better clubs.

Uh-huh, makes more sense.

RSS