Forums

Help › Forums

What is going on

Mon, Mar 29 2021 10:16 PM (48 replies)
  • marine1964
    4 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2021 12:31 PM

What is with this update. I can't get into WGT. It just says loading but never stops.

• ShadyDay
    1 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 9:46 AM

Same for me

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 10:37 AM

marine1964:

What is with this update. I can't get into WGT. It just says loading but never stops.

Click the WGT Launcher on your desktop to open the game.

Don

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 11:26 AM

marine1964:

I can't get into WGT. It just says loading but never stops.

I have a member of my CC who was getting the same thing (stuck on LOADING) when he launched the game.  I used TeamViewer to get into his computer, did an uninstall including files and registry entries, reinstalled the game, launched the game from the Launcher (it updated itself), and watched as he stayed stuck on the LOADING screen for over 5 minutes without getting in.

Obviously, his internet was working fine.  We were talking on Discord and using TeamViewer the whole time.

It seemed to get stuck at the point where the golf.exe app (not the Launcher) "phones home" to WGT to make sure the game version is the current one.  

The problem went away for him after a couple hours.  He was finally able to get past the LOADING screen and play a multiplayer stroke play game with me, as well as other games by himself the next day.  The next evening, he had the same problem for a couple hours.  Then, after midnight, he was able to get in again.

I'm guessing it's a connectivity problem on WGT's side.  Like I said, Discord and TeamViewer worked fine, and he was able to get to web sites using his browser just fine.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 11:34 AM

SamSpayed:
    I have a member of my CC who was getting the same thing (stuck on LOADING) when he launched the game.

There's a member of my CC who is reporting something similar, but he only plays on his iPhone now so it's not just the desktop app that is causing the problem it seems.

I'm glad to read that your club member's lading issue cleared up after a few hours (even if it came back again the next day), so I'll hope the same thing happens for my clubmate too.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 2:19 PM

Launch the Launcher.exe rather than golf.exe. 

The PLAY NOW button on the website will bring you to golf.exe, but this is not where you would receive an update. You would receive an update from Launcher.exe which is on your computer, possibly an icon on your desktop, otherwise it's in your c:/program files/Topgolf or c:/progam files (x##)/Topgolf the numbers after the "x" will be different based on your computer specs. 

_CHAMPION 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 2:29 PM

WGTChampion:

The PLAY NOW button on the website will bring you to golf.exe, but this is not where you would receive an update. You would receive an update from Launcher.exe which is on your computer, possibly an icon on your desktop, otherwise it's in your c:/program files/Topgolf or c:/progam files (x##)/Topgolf the numbers after the "x" will be different based on your computer specs. 

_CHAMPION 

Thanks for confirming Champ. That advice is what many of us have been suggesting to those having issues.

Don

• amb1923
    223 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 7:55 PM

WGTChampion:

_CHAMPION 

Having the same issue, playing from a Mac. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Running from the launcher, says that the game is up to date, but won't go past the "loading" screen. Tried to launch the game through Steam and the exact same thing happens. This is really frustrating

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 11:03 PM

TopShelf2010:

WGTChampion:

_CHAMPION 

Thanks for confirming Champ. That advice is what many of us have been suggesting to those having issues.

You guys aren't listening.  We DID launch the game from the Launcher.  The problem is that it still gets stuck on LOADING.  

Here... maybe if I put it in bold text and color it red you can read it better.

SamSpayed:
    I used TeamViewer to get into his computer, did an uninstall including files and registry entries, reinstalled the game, launched the game from the Launcher (it updated itself), and watched as he stayed stuck on the LOADING screen for over 5 minutes without getting in.

amb1923:
    Having the same issue, playing from a Mac. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Running from the launcher, says that the game is up to date, but won't go past the "loading" screen. Tried to launch the game through Steam and the exact same thing happens.

Launcher.exe starts the golf.exe program... right?  And then one of the first things that golf.exe does as it starts up is check to make sure it's the correct version (and/or hasn't been tampered with)... right?  THAT's where it's getting stuck on the LOADING screen - during that check.  After having been launched from the Launcher.

Have your development team take a look at what's going on in that section of the code. (Helpful hint:  It's the section of the code that displays the phrase "Checking for application update").  That should help you figure out why people are getting stuck, or at least put you on the right path.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 6:53 PM

Here's some more specifics (with screen shots).

This is what he gets when he launches the game USING THE LAUNCHER on Windows 10.

It stays on this screen for about 4-5 minutes (note the time - 8:17pm):

... and then it finally throws an error (note the time - 8:21pm):

Maybe you can pass this on to your development team.

Also, despite what the error message implies, it's not a wifi issue.  His PC is connected via a hard-wired Ethernet cable.

RSS