Putting distances

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 8 2021 10:10 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2021 3:04 AM

Now I want just one, and only clear answer for this situation:

I had about 20y little downhill straight putt. It was speed11.0 green. I just aimed and thought power. hit it. Then i realized, forget to check what is distance. Of course it was 60y. You can imagine where ball was. And that was also last hole, that time. 

Why in hell WGT do that?? Just for fun??

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2021 9:41 PM

Tepi62Ka:

Now I want just one, and only clear answer for this situation:

I had about 20y little downhill straight putt. It was speed11.0 green. I just aimed and thought power. hit it. Then i realized, forget to check what is distance.

You screwed up.  Always check the distance.

Is that clear enough?

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 12:00 AM

Yes...very clear...You just gave me information what I wanted to hear!

• Tabarnak777
    166 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 10:37 AM

The scroll up/down button on your mouse can screw you in no time.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 12:00 PM

Something else I just recently learned the hard way is the putter scale you select changes when you change views.  I usually pick my putter scale then look at both front and reverse view for putting.  

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 6:39 AM

Another thing to look out for when putting or hitting approaches/tee shots is the Notepad.

Say you're on a green & looking at a particular putt & say you're getting conflicting reads but you've a note on the putt, lets say something like "Reverse View the true break" or something like that.

Well if you scroll through your notes it also scrolls through your Putter Scales at the same time so you might intend to hit a short/mid range putt with your 10/15, 20/30 Scale that you selected before you opened your Notebook but be careful when you close your Notepad you're Putter Scale could now be set to 300!

Ken 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 7:29 AM

hpurey:

Something else I just recently learned the hard way is the putter scale you select changes when you change views.  I usually pick my putter scale then look at both front and reverse view for putting.  

No idea why, that has never happened to me. I always select the scale 1st, the look the reverse,  flip back to front and putt. The scale always stays the same. 

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2021 12:43 AM

Putting sucks...and very deep!

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2021 11:42 AM

AnaNikolaj:

hpurey:

No idea why, that has never happened to me. I always select the scale 1st, the look the reverse,  flip back to front and putt. The scale always stays the same. 

Mine does the same thing, It is not only putter scales but also club selection on approach shots. For those of us that it happens to we really have to double and triple check putter sales on putts and clubs on approach shots.. 

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2021 1:45 AM

I just played onwe bracker game at Peable Beach.

Had 15ft set putter, 1,6ft putt, down easy 0,4. green was 9,1 speed. I chosen 1,5 my putt...it turner short >> WTF really??

• PAGES
RSS