Help › Forums

Does searching for a game even work?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 6 2021 3:23 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LLLlloyd88
    175 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2021 3:13 PM

I have been trying unsuccessfully to search for either a match play game (challenge and scored), skins (challenge and practice) alt shot (without apparel). Even setting up my own for skins and match play. Not sure if nobody is playing these anymore or they just don't work.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 5:11 AM

LLLlloyd88:

I have been trying unsuccessfully to search for either a match play game (challenge and scored), skins (challenge and practice) alt shot (without apparel). Even setting up my own for skins and match play. Not sure if nobody is playing these anymore or they just don't work.

After the Update on 01/27, Champion said...

WGTChampion:
    We are aware of the matchmaking issues. We hoped to address it in the downtime last night but it didn't make it due to the complexity of the issue

Don

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 6:33 AM

LLLlloyd88:
    I have been trying unsuccessfully to search
    I have managed to get alt shot games everytime I tried. Sometimes it may take the full 5 minutes. People need to relax and be patient for a game. I never search because its almost impossible so I set the game up and wait.

• Rhaethorn
    167 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 8:02 AM

I can find alt shot with apparel on sometimes. It takes a few tries usually. No luck with stroke play. Does anyone know if they intend to add an "any" option to the apparel on/off feature? It seems like that would be helpful especially to those like me who couldn't care less either way and just want to find a game.

• golferguy2018
    362 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2021 3:56 AM

As far as finding players in search. It will be fixed in due time. Wink Wink.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2021 10:03 PM

I tried something different today and got two games in a row instantly. I normally have my setting as "offline". Today when I changed that to online a game came up immediately. I will need to try it a couple more times to see if that is what made the difference or if it was coincidence, but worked twice in a row today.

Btw... That's was for Alt Shot

EDIT: It must have been coincidence. I am unable to find a game again this morning.

• golferguy2018
    362 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 4:30 AM

i stay online and it does not work for me at all. The best way i found is when someone joins & only name shows up write name down & when they leave re invite them.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 2:15 PM

callaghan159:

I have managed to get alt shot games everytime I tried. Sometimes it may take the full 5 minutes. People need to relax and be patient for a game. I never search because its almost impossible so I set the game up and wait.

I wonder if that is part of the problem.  Too many people searching for a game and not enough people setting up a game.

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 3:38 PM

My theory is in flash you had different levels of status. Available, available to friends, busy etc. The system would consider anyone who was 'Available' as fair game for an invite. Now, you're either online or not, and simply being online isn't enough to get an invite. One must seek to join a game, or a friend has to send an invite. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 3:44 PM

sammey1:
    Now, you're either online or not, and simply being online isn't enough to get an invite.

Has anyone tried...

Punch Driver?

LOL

Sorry Sammey, couldn't resist

Don

• PAGES
RSS