Forums

Help › Forums

A couple of observations

Sat, Feb 5 2022 10:01 AM (7 replies)
  • Golfguy992
    18 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2021 11:41 AM

1) There should be a 'concede" a putt in match play head to head to save time.  When both players are in close (gimme range) you should be able to just click "good/good" and move on to the next hole.  Speaking of match play, a "closest to the pin" contact after a nine holes match seems anticlimactic.  Maybe a putt off tiebreaker would be better?

2) Why do the sponsor boxes have "reputation points"  What are they and what benefits do they give you?  Also coins.  You can accumulate a million pretty easily, but they aren't worth anything?  Am I missing something.

3) Why are there players who are master level and higher have "average scores" given are inaccurate?  I know when I'm matched against a master, or higher, I'm probably going to lose, but wouldn't it make sense that you are matched with someone in your bracket or lower?  I shot -3 the other night and lost by 4 strokes to a guy who's "average score" was 90?  Something is fishy.

This one is for the Admin

One the previous PC version, I had a free "outfit" that was US Open themed.  (Red, white and blue)  With the new version, it's gone?  I'd really liked that look.  Can it be restored?

One more for the general audience.  I'm looking so forward to Torrey Pines being added.  I played there a couple of decades ago and it was spectacular.  Also, how about a full version of the ones that are only CTTH now?  The more the better.   

• MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 6:31 AM

The average score bit - I'll bet they are resets, played before - you can just tell by the level of their play.

Matching ranks is needed, particularly in head to head matches. I've played about 30 odd matches - of these, 25 were against masters / Legends / Champions. No problem with that, however, playing from the same tee is just unfair. I am a tour pro - I have no chance against these better players who can hit it a mile. I won't be playing anymore of them.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 12:30 PM

Golfguy992:
    One the previous PC version, I had a free "outfit" that was US Open themed.  (Red, white and blue)  With the new version, it's gone?  I'd really liked that look.  Can it be restored?

If you mean the American Avatar with the Stars and Stripes Pants it was released in the January 27th update as apparel. Look in your inbox. If you bought it in the flash game it should be in your inbox. There might be other things in your inbox as well. 

Golfguy992:
    1) There should be a 'concede" a putt in match play head to head to save time.  When both players are in close (gimme range) you should be able to just click "good/good" and move on to the next hole.  Speaking of match play, a "closest to the pin" contact after a nine holes match seems anticlimactic.  Maybe a putt off tiebreaker would be better?

If you are having closer to the hole shots at the end of a tied game that is a coin game not match play, They are 2 totally different game formats., Match play can't end in a tie, if the match is even after 9 or 18 holes you play sudden death until there is a winner., And match play does have a concede putt feature, 

• siunique
    6 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 3:08 AM

i have had the same problem but also i played a hack on different tees he had top range clubs ball etc and lost

• Birdy568
    1 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 1:01 PM

I'm a lvl 77 Master.  Been playing about 7 weeks...so yes I'm addicted. 

For the last 3 days 85% of my head-to-head matches are LEGENDS or TOUR MASTERS...or higher (Champions or something like that). 

These guys are hitting dead ringer iron or approach shots.  The putts are basically gimmes.   If not a gimme - say it's a 15 footer - they sink it like a gimme too.  If I get lucky and tie one, the tie-breaker is a joke...almost all of them get the drumbeat flash.  

I love the game and the challenge of it.  I don't like getting beat down by guys at the 95-110 level 90% of the time when I'm at 77.  

Anyone know if there is something I can tweak to stop this crap?

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 1:36 AM

Nothing you can do , but play more and get better, at your own admission you are a new player, so just practice more by playing all the courses on your own and drilling in those approach shots. Don’t worry about being out driven , because a great iron shot will win it . Putting will take longer to master but it will come !

PS , maybe don’t be in too much of a hurry to reach the higher levels as the back tees will take high level clubs in order to compete 

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 8:41 AM

Birdy568:

Anyone know if there is something I can tweak to stop this crap?

Iron sharpens Iron, You will get better quicker playing people who can and will beat you than playing lower level players you can beat.

Practice, find a good CC that can help you move forward...

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 10:01 AM

Golfguy992:

There is a "concede" button in match play. Coin Rooms are not match play. Also, in Match play, you continue playing extra holes until there is a winner. What you are describing is Coin Rooms.

EDIT:

borntobesting:

If you are having closer to the hole shots at the end of a tied game that is a coin game not match play, They are 2 totally different game formats., Match play can't end in a tie, if the match is even after 9 or 18 holes you play sudden death until there is a winner., And match play does have a concede putt feature, 

My bad... I didn't see this part of your post before replying.

RSS