Forums

Help › Forums

"Game Ended Without a Winner" Error

Fri, Mar 25 2022 1:22 AM (38 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2021 11:03 PM

This has been mentioned before in other threads (like this one and this one), but I believe this bug deserves its own thread.  Three (3) times tonight, we had our nightly Alt Shot games end in the middle of the game, with a pop-up dialog box saying "Game Ended Without a Winner".

• The 1st time was on Bethpage #7 as I was about to take our 3rd shot, from the rough next to the green.
    • The 2nd time was on Wolf Creek #11 right after our opponent hit their tee shot.  The game showed their shot land next to the green and then gave us the pop-up.
    • The 3rd time was on Wolf Creek #18 right after I hit our 2nd shot.  The game showed my shot land on the green and then gave us the pop-up.

It was not an internet problem on our end.  All 4 of us were able to chat in Discord while this was happening.

@WGT - Can you please look into this and figure out why your network and/or servers are losing connectivity and disconnecting players during Alt Shot games?

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2021 4:31 AM

Any chance any of the 4 of you received a game invite during your match? Cause failing to decline that invite would end your game the moment that invite ran out. At least that's what a few other players reported. No idea why that's happening, but one either has to pay attention and decline incoming invites in time, or needs to change the setting to offline, while still in the lobby. If you do it while the game is already loaded, there's a chance you'll lose the chat function. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2021 10:30 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    Any chance any of the 4 of you received a game invite during your match? Cause failing to decline that invite would end your game the moment that invite ran out.

No, none of us received game invites during the game.  We were playing after midnight EST when it's very quiet and not many people are around.  I know the bug you're talking about, but that didn't apply in our case.

• AussieDavo11
    1,905 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 3:55 AM

I agree, this is happening too often!

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2021 5:02 PM

AussieDavo11:

I agree, this is happening too often!

It just happened to me. But it was a little suspicious. We were 2 up and about to go 3 up.. One of our opponents was putting for par while we had a shorter birdie putt. He putted completely off the green and almost immediately we got the Match ended without a winner error. It appears that someone might have figured out a way to cause the game to end this way if they are losing badly. 

• Dharla
    316 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2021 12:47 AM

It may say "without a winner" but EVERY time it has happened to me (and it has been dozens of times) there has ALWAYS been a winner. Usually it is the team that is ahead but not always. I think it tries to give the win to the leading team but when the match is tied I think it just picks randomly. Either way it is yet another bug to add to the extremely long list of needed fixes.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2021 10:30 AM

Dharla:

It may say "without a winner" but EVERY time it has happened to me (and it has been dozens of times) there has ALWAYS been a winner. Usually it is the team that is ahead but not always. I think it tries to give the win to the leading team but when the match is tied I think it just picks randomly. Either way it is yet another bug to add to the extremely long list of needed fixes.

She is correct, I hadn't checked it. On my activities it shows me and my partner winning the Alt shot match, 

• AussieDavo11
    1,905 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2021 5:58 PM

So I took my question to WGT and after a bit of prodding, I received the following answer:

"If a player disconnected, that round would end as this game mode requires 4 players to complete. Please note that as this game mode doesn't count towards a players stats or average, similar to a practice round, if this happens it would not negatively affect your progress in game."

Soooo, they are saying this happens because one of the players (probably on the losing team) just decided to walk away.

But I agree with your comment that in these cases, it appears the pair in the lead are credited with a win in their Stats.

RSS