Forums

Help › Forums

Casey Everett R.I.P

Sat, Dec 11 2021 7:43 PM (67 replies)
  • EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 4:02 PM

Please tell me it is not so. I was talking with Casey on our Discord channel just a little more then a month. His positivity convinced to go forward into the "non-Flash" days of WGT. 

• vpd10
    2,112 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 4:05 PM

A sad day indeed.

Rest in Peace Casey

Don :)

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 4:20 PM

http://i.123g.us/c/insp_sympathy/card/307320.gif

I am truly shocked to hear this news.  Prayers for the family and all who knew Casey.  He was such a kind and gentle soul and will be missed by many. 

I finally got to be in an alt shot game with him a couple of months ago and although he didn't say much I could tell that was having a good time. 

Rest in Peace dear Casey and may God Bless You!

Marion

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 4:57 PM
    One of the truly wonderful people on WGT. Irreplaceable.
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 6:25 PM

Didn't converse with Casey much, but when I did was always a pleasure.  Never met of course, but knew Casey was an all round stand up good person.

RIP Casey and my condolences to Casey's family. 

• Leggoman13
    8,259 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 10:35 PM

Casey was a great CC Owner.

Kind person. Thoughtful and Devoted to the Members of his Country Club.

The same thing can be said about his implication in many projects in the Forums Community. 

Honorable creation from Casey was the Gift of Golf Foundation.

Giving his time to help many and his implication on the WGT Community will be missed.

R.I.P. Casey.

Thank you for all you have done for us all.

p.s. Reading WGTChampion post about the Hall of Fame was a wonderful idea and much appreciated. Thank you Champ.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2021 12:03 AM

Together with Lizard69 they were two of the best people in our community.

Rest in peace both of you.

You will be missed.

• rettenden
    180 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2021 2:25 AM

a very sad day

rest in peace casey you will be missed.

big heart and a all round great man

may the gogf live on in your memory

paul

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2021 4:24 AM

Really sad news to say the least. He was such a kind and generous man. To young to leave this earth. Just goes to show we have no control of when the big guy in the sky pulls our name from his hat.  I managed to have a few alt games with CE, mostly to take my credits for GOGF. Hopefully the GOGF can be continued in his honour. I want to send my condolences to his CC and all those on his friends list and most importantly to his family. RIP Casey. I know you be watching down from above. Hope to see a yearly tournament in his name like the Andyson tournament.

• jackietesco
    620 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2021 6:50 AM

I feel like ive been kicked in the stomach. I had to check it was the CEverett i knew and it appears there are dozens of them...all pretending to be Casey.....but there is only one Casey Everett.

The Bushwackers was one of the first clubs i ever joined....long time ago...at the time....as memory serves me right there was a merger between Whisky Creek and the Bushwackers...Casey was happy for Toolman to captain the ship but i think he fell into bad health so Casey continued on as skipper. 

Casey stood out as an extremely warm...genuine and kind person.....i knew he was close and a carer for his father.

He was very proud of his 19th hole accolade and was richly deserved

The Bushwackers is the best club i have ever been in..and ive been in dozens of them...lots of great folks and tough competitors. There were about 20 of us who regularly contributed to the bi monthly help scheme...the precurser to the GOGF.....which has been an astonishing success.

I played many alt shot games with Casey and we always paired up.....he never had a bad word to say about any of our opponents......which was really frustrating for me....even with expert tuition....he never even uttered a single swear word.

This really is a sad day for me and everyone in the community and difficult to take in.

I will have a few whiskys tonight remembering what a warm and kind fellow you are.and for reminding us that its the community that is the important thing.

My sincere condolences to his friends and family

RIP superstar

RSS