Forums

Help › Forums

LOSING MEMBERS DUE TO NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND GAMES!

Sun, Jan 24 2021 1:47 PM (25 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 9:40 AM

SamSpayed:
    have you considered setting up a server of some sort (Discord, Skype, Telegram, etc.) where your club members can go to see who's online and hook up for multiplayer games? 

TCC uses Skype to find a game and I have never had a problem finding a game with club mates. Now finding a alt game with random strangers is a different story. Because there is a issue finding games with random strangers, may I suggest to those looking, when you find a game be patient until you get 4 for a alt game it takes only a few minutes.  Cheers.

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 10:24 AM

callaghan159:
    have you considered setting up a server of some sort

Again Callaghan, these measures you talk about, do not address the main issue here. 

I have adjusted, I don't like it, I am bored as hell playing the games they want me to play, but the amount of money going into the game is drying up on my end. 

I can get an AltShot game going with a few tries, but that's the only game I can get going and they are very few and very far between I might add. 

I'll play your Coin games when it come to your TurfWars, play your Clashes, but I won't be buying any EXTRA EXTRAS. 

No extra passes, no sponsorship packages, no extra nothing. 

Other than that, its time to play the game! Fore! 

Thanks WGT. GG! 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 11:07 AM

wedge0837:

callaghan159:
    have you considered setting up a server of some sort

Again Callaghan, these measures you talk about, do not address the main issue here. 

I have adjusted, I don't like it, I am bored as hell playing the games they want me to play, but the amount of money going into the game is drying up on my end. 

I can get an AltShot game going with a few tries, but that's the only game I can get going and they are very few and very far between I might add. 

I'll play your Coin games when it come to your TurfWars, play your Clashes, but I won't be buying any EXTRA EXTRAS. 

No extra passes, no sponsorship packages, no extra nothing. 

Other than that, its time to play the game! Fore! 

Thanks WGT. GG! 

Not my quote .......i was quoting samspayed.

• JDGHOST
    6,775 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 11:56 AM

SamSpayed:

JD, I agree with you 100% that WGT really needs to look into the issue of players not being able to find multiplayer games with randoms and come up with some way of fixing it.  But in the meantime, have you considered setting up a server of some sort (Discord, Skype, Telegram, etc.) where your club members can go to see who's online and hook up for multiplayer games?  I know many clubs do this. 

There is also a very popular Discord server called "Discord Open Golf", that has over 150 members, where many players from many different clubs go to arrange pick-up games with others.  

That might be a way to keep your club members interested.  Just a thought.

Sam we have both Discord and Skype in our club Although I personally don't know or use "Discord" I am told we have our own "server"?.... I do however use Skype if not for Skype My "Skins" career would have died 2 months ago (And I would have unfortunately also bailed on WGT) I play at least 75% of my Golf in the "Skinner" realm ...

But many players (I assume not just in The Founders Club) Are just not interested in either Discord or Skype? Some that I have talked to via chatting in a game or by message have stated they are playing at work at the office or at home where there is to much noise to get on a Skype game.... I even had one buddy say he would never let his wife hear him play this game lol...These players like us have been here a long time and liked the system of joining random games or inviting friends and/or random players and it's just not working !! I can't see why WGT has gone silent on this issue as it HAS to be effecting the volume of play which in turn would mean ball sales are down which of course is their "Golden Cash Cow"??

• reggie7900
    912 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 2:06 PM

I wish I could have the chance to play all stated but I'm strictly mobile would have loved to have played in the winter tour but I can't plus I'm sick to the back teeth of nobody's mouthing off or cheating in games because there to cowardly to risk losing a game and believe me its getting more and more apart from a clash every 2 weeks the odd turf war what really is there interesting in playing coin games for what to wait weeks months to upgrade some apparel ive got over 22 million coins other players alot more no doubt and all I do is look at the amount in the corner of my tablet because lets be honest thats all there really good for. 

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 2:48 PM
    A club i know uses "Chatzy" and this seems to work for them. just my 2 cents, as i'm quite tech illiterate
  • skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 4:00 PM

WGT is now divided into two types of players- folks who 'grew up' on the flash game over many years, and typically younger folks who joined the mobile game. WGT is clearly focusing on the Mobile aspect, with its "Golf Clash" like approach. 

The MAIN complaint of the "Flash Crowd" is a simple fix, well fixes, plural (ie to more easily find suitable multiplayer games:

1) Reinstate the color coded system on the friends list, ie red/green/gray for busy/available/offline  - simple!

2) Allow all players in any multi-player lobby (AS/MP/Skins/Stroke) to access their friends list- simple!

3) Remove "apparel boosts" from multi-player games, except on mobile platform- simple!

Problem solved!!

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 4:11 PM

Two pages about SO OBVIOUS things as Steve describes....two pages with skypes, discords, workarounds of any kind, for what??

Too many threads that repeat the same and the same OBVIOUS THINGS for months!!! 

FOR AN ESSENTIAL function of this game that is left unfixed for months!!! 

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 4:41 PM

skccvb:

WGT is now divided into two types of players- folks who 'grew up' on the flash game over many years, and typically younger folks who joined the mobile game. WGT is clearly focusing on the Mobile aspect, with its "Golf Clash" like approach. 

------------------------ cut here  --------------------

Not saying you are wrong, as I am in the same boat as a old flash PC player.

How ever I read an article last week that peaked my interest. They said on line gaming is a 180b that's BILLION with a B dollar industry. Of that less than 30% are PC based. Everyone else is some form of mobile. The temptation to go where the money is instead of serving your base has got to be huge. Just saying.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 5:03 PM

It's hard for me to believe this number (30%) Ken following the development and increased production of GPUs the last 2 years, not to mention the updates almost every 2 months at software level. The prices on high end GPUs are actually ridiculous and if you search for them you will see that they are sold as fresh bread. We are talking about cards that cost 700-800 dollars and even more. Nothing in stock!!! Nvidia and AMD are having a ''party'' with new models in the last 2 years. Actually there's a real ''massacre'' between them out there....

Do you believe that 2 enormous companies like Nvidia and AMD would have ''killed'' each other everyday for a 30% of the market?

RSS