Forums

Help › Forums

LOSING MEMBERS DUE TO NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND GAMES!

Sun, Jan 24 2021 1:47 PM (25 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,775 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 1:54 AM

WGT YOU NEED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE !!!!!!!

Below is a message posted on our Club forum from one of our members and this is far from the first of it's kind in my club....My club (And WGT) have lost 4 members recently that have bailed on WGT because of this specific issue alone!!!(Not to mention other things disliked on PCEA)  3 of those 4 sold all their gear!! And left the club (stating they didn't want to be an inactive member and hurt the Club) and have quit playing WGT altogether !! 

Anonymous member:

Hi guys

Sorry to say as it is now it is impossible to get stroke,skins, MP or Alternate game, I will use the rest of my time playing for our club until I run out of balls and creds as the shitty coin games is the only thing that works.

Hope they fix the game before I run out, but for now decision is made, will try to put my effort on the last days and maybe weeks to help this gr8 club and then go play something else.(PGA2k21)

Random joining of games or random inviting into my lobby's simply does not work at all !!That combined with not being able to see friends that are "ACTUALLY" available to play (They ALL show "green" which is inaccurate) Is enough to drive me out of WGT...

Thanks all for playing.

best regards

-----

ps take care and stay safe all

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 4:20 AM

+1 JD, can WGT at least acknowledge that there is a problem here?

They are obviously too busy dreaming up stupid apparel items for their cartoon game.

Frank

• JDGHOST
    6,775 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 5:17 AM

WGT Please acknowledge this issue.... I got a message from another friend he will be leaving WGT (Due to this issue) He even wants to give away his credits after selling all his equipment ....He stated the following  to me yesterday and I quote.....

"Just not fun playing solo rounds I have been on WGT to long to get any enjoyment playing alone it seems they(WGT) are not willing to even address this issue of not being able to find or start games and have random players join...I NEVER had this problem on "Flash" could find games or start um EVERY time !!"

Somebody has to give us an update? At minimum saying you guys are aware of the problem and working to solve it??????

JD

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 6:12 AM

JDGHOST:

WGT Please acknowledge this issue.... I got a message from another friend he will be leaving WGT (Due to this issue) He even wants to give away his credits after selling all his equipment ....He stated the following  to me yesterday and I quote.....

"Just not fun playing solo rounds I have been on WGT to long to get any enjoyment playing alone it seems they(WGT) is not willing to even address this issue of not being able to find or start games and have random players join...I NEVER had this problem on "Flash" could find games or start um EVERY time !!"

Somebody has to give us an update? At minimum saying you guys are aware of the problem and working to solve it??????

JD

No! We must design more floppy hats!

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 6:52 AM

I have had the same problem for months.I have tried every game format and every tier from hack to TC and just cant find a game other that silly coin rooms.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 7:27 AM

I know it’s hard for you guys that have been used to playing more fun games on PC , skins , alt shots etc, and it will take time for you to adjust. We mobile players have only ever had coin games , solo play and playing friends. I really think it’s time that WGT tried to accommodate all forms of play into mobile and new format. To play friends we just have to invite our green active friends and wait to be accepted or declined . It’s not the best way to play , but for me at least , I can work with it. 
    It seems a shame that WGT are not giving you any indication what is happening behind the scenes.  

• MarkMx
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 8:16 AM

Bossbird... maybe you can help? I was a Tour Pro, Level 91, with a scoring average right around 68, which is to say I thought I knew what I was doing. Then the game changed and I got a new laptop. I loved playing in Bracket Tournaments but now, I seem unable to bring up Bracket Tournaments after selecting, entering, confirming. I see several "Play Now" options and if I click on any of them, I seem to wind up with another page that gives me "Play Now" options for other rooms (but not my Bracket Tournament). As a result, I've got three straight WDs. I see other names in the brackets, when I go to "See Bracket" so someone must be getting in. Is there a secret that I'm missing?

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 9:29 AM

JD, I agree with you 100% that WGT really needs to look into the issue of players not being able to find multiplayer games with randoms and come up with some way of fixing it.  But in the meantime, have you considered setting up a server of some sort (Discord, Skype, Telegram, etc.) where your club members can go to see who's online and hook up for multiplayer games?  I know many clubs do this. 

There is also a very popular Discord server called "Discord Open Golf", that has over 150 members, where many players from many different clubs go to arrange pick-up games with others.  

That might be a way to keep your club members interested.  Just a thought.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 9:35 AM

JDGHOST:

I am sure they are aware of the issues we are posting but not much confidence that they are working on them. I wish someone from wgt would post here. Usually Champ is good at posting to us but he has gone awol regarding these issues. Here's to hoping. Cheers

RSS