Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Launcher Not Working

Fri, Jan 13 2023 9:54 AM (46 replies)
  • DanPHogan
    41 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 6:52 PM

Am I the only one who can't launch the game after the last update?

I contacted support, but no reply yet.  Just wondering if this is a bigger problem.

Thanks!

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 8:00 PM

DanPHogan:

I contacted support, but no reply yet.  Just wondering if this is a bigger problem.

Thanks!

What last update.  It has and is working just fine on PC.

• DanPHogan
    41 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 8:35 PM

Nope.  Not working on PC.

I'm about to give up altogether.

• DanPHogan
    41 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 8:44 PM

Where I work, something like this would get someone fired.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 5:35 AM

DanPHogan:

Where I work, something like this would get someone fired.

While the above may be true.  The launcher works just fine on both my win7 and win10 machines.  But then again, I have only installed on both machines once.  Not a number of times like some people.  Done a long time ago, I might add, when it first came out.

Granted multiplayer is a problem with finding people, but that has nothing to do with the launcher working,.

From what I read in the forums, those that it doesn't work for are part of the few, in comparison to those that it does work for.

I have said it before(not referring to you) from what I read, I am surprised that some people have even figured out how to turn the computer on.

What exactly are the trouble you are running into, getting the launcher to work?

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 7:21 AM

DanPHogan:

Thanks!

Number 1 there has been no update since early December and it shows you playing on the 17th and 18th. There was a Windows update this past weekend. WGT has no control ovef what a Windows update does to your PC or Mac. And the launcher is working well for most if us so it must be something on your end.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 8:16 AM

Don't know about the updates.  I don't run my win10 machine all the time.  Turned it on and shut down and it did not want to update.

Launcher version 1.67.0.212582_D

Win 10 home version 10.0.18363 build 18363

Tried paying a hole and worked fine.  Typing this response on the win10 machine.

Also just tried playing through Steam and that also worked just fine, so yes, gotta believe like BTB said, it has to be on your end.

Guess the first thing would be to know the specs are on what you are calling a PC,

I also wonder which post you are paying attention to, this one or the one you posted that says can't connect.

• DanPHogan
    41 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 11:27 AM

I've tried uninstalling MS updates, rebooting.  Uninstalled and reinstalled launcher, including deleting the old launcher files in the Topgolf folder and reinstalled.

Still no good.

This is what I see when the launcher is run.

Trying to insert a picture of the tiny little window that pops up after launch.

Basically, it's a one inch by half inch window and only has option to close (X) or minimize.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 12:23 PM

DanPHogan:

I've tried uninstalling MS updates, rebooting.  Uninstalled and reinstalled launcher, including deleting the old launcher files in the Topgolf folder and reinstalled.

Still no good.

This is what I see when the launcher is run.

Basically, it's a one inch by half inch window and only has option to close (X) or minimize.

try something like imgur to post the pic. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 1:12 PM

DanPHogan:

I know exactly what you're seeing, one of my CC members has the exact same thing. I, myself, recently had the golf.exe file disappear and after uninstalling and reinstalling the game it still didn't come back. Deleted the WGT launcher folder and did it again. Nope, file's still gone.

This is what fixed my problem and is what I advised my CC member. Haven't heard back from him yet.

Delete your desktop icon. Go to the Topgolf folder in your system files (C: Program Files (86)/Topgolf) and create a new folder in Topgolf. There should already be one there called WGT Launcher-ignore it. Create a new one and call it something else. 

Now, when you download the launcher and it asks you where you want to put it, navigate to that folder you just created and have it install there. Yes to the desktop icon and Quick Launch bar (optional). Close everything. Your WGT Launcher folder is now brand new and located in a new place-that new folder you created. Start the game and see what you get. Deleting the original golf icon is crucial. If you don't it'll take you to the bad folder. Let the program install new ones because the link is different now (new folder.)

It sounds like you have a bad file (guessing) and even though you delete the launcher it's sticking around someplace. Creating a new place for the game to start from leaves whatever was causing the problem in the original folder. Eff it.  LOL

RSS