Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Launcher Not Working

Fri, Jan 13 2023 9:54 AM (46 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2021 11:19 AM

AlexNoodles:
    I found that I can run the game after a restart by running golf.exe in the golf subfolder.
    I then need to kill the crash handler process so I can maximize the game.

If, while the game is running, you right click on the game's taskbar icon, you can pin it to the taskbar and fire it up from there, negating the need go into the golf folder.

Also, to stop it from running, rename or delete the unity crash handler executable file in the golf folder, then you won't need to keep killing the process.

• BKR1
    27 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 3:13 PM

I tried to delete everything, including trash bin, re-started, made a new forlder in Programfiles(x86) and installed it there. Tried to start the game with CTRL pressed (as suggested) with no effect. The game first installs new updates before I can press PLAY. Then the same *** happens. The box with a progress bar is shown for 2 sec. and nothing more happens. Frustrating. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED WGA!!!

I have also been in contact with WGA support, but the only suggestion from them is to delete, re-start and re-install. Tried this so many times now. This is some BS.

There is no warning from windows about any firewall issue or anything, so I am thinking this is an app issue. The game used to work just fine before on the same machine with the same windows version.

There should be no need for the players to make folders, finding strange ways to start the game from within the game files, or any other monkey business.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 3:25 PM

BKR1, try this...

1. Open up your Control Panel.
    2. Go to Programs and Features.
    3. Locate WGT Launcher and uninstall it.
    4. In Windows Explorer locate any Topgolf folder(s), including any new ones you made, and delete them.
    5. Download and run this file to delete the WGT registry key.
    6. Reboot your PC and reinstall the game without making any extra folders anywhere.
  • HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 4:40 PM

BKR1:
    I have also been in contact with WGA support

You may be better off contacting member services at WGT.

I am not sure if the Writers Guild of America (WGA  -  google it) will help.

On the other hand, I would follow Scott Hope's suggestion. Given he has a real cool Steam account, and helped my find Bigfoot, he is your best bet.

• BKR1
    27 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 5:13 PM

TY TY TY. That did the trick

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 1:54 AM

Excellent! Thank you BKR1.  : )

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 2:36 AM

HamdenPro:
    On the other hand, I would follow Scott Hope's suggestion. Given he has a real cool Steam account, and helped my find Bigfoot, he is your best bet.

Although the legend has been around much longer the name Bigfoot seems to have originated in 1958 and it seems you were working for a logging company then ;-)

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 9:32 AM

DodgyPutter:
    Although the legend has been around much longer the name Bigfoot seems to have originated in 1958 and it seems you were working for a logging company then ;-)

LOL...

The real Bigfoot was an Indian chief, also known as Spotted Elk, was head of the Lakota tribe. He was born in 1820 and died December 29, 1890, when shot and killed at Wounded Knee.

The Bigfoot I was referring to is the one located on Beth Page golf course. I heard rumours that he was around and Scott Hope helped me find him. If interested, check out the Yancy thread and Scott and myself posted pics of Bigfoot, taken yesterday, on Beth Page. I can attest that the one on Beth Page is real. The 1958 sighting was a hoax.

As for the logging company, I think not...little too young and besides, I prefer Duraflame.

• BKR1
    27 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 11:09 AM

sigh. The problem came back today after having shut down th PC for the night.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 11:35 AM

Jeez, that's very disappointing.  : (

Having said that, I have seen a few additions and subtractions to the sub-keys inside the main WGT key in the registry over the past week, so it might be worth trying my solution again BKR1, just to see if WGT have changed anything recently.

EDIT : If you are using an older version of the WGTLauncher.msi file to install the game it might be worth downloading the latest version just to make sure all is up to date.

RSS