Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Awards

Wed, Jan 20 2021 12:02 PM (5 replies)
  • Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 6:44 PM

I set up a couple of custom courses for some members to get those Waterboy awards.  After playing it myself a few times, I'm notified I received the award but the games aren't being added to my total.

I then tried adding to my total of the Choke Relief Award, par or better after a drive of 100 yards or less, and those aren't added to the total either.

Are the awards not given in the PCEA version?

I was trying to let my members know of ways to get more XP's but it may not be true anymore?

Just curious.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 8:35 PM

I'm not 100% sure of what you're asking, but could the issue be because you are using a custom course? I know many stats including ranked rounds don't count with a custom course.

I have earned many awards playing on the new version, but not the specific ones you are asking about. For example, I earned both diamond day at the beach awards while playing the new version. I'm sure there are others as well. If I remember right, I think I tried to earn the day at the beach awards on a custom course once and it didn't count.

• TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 2:39 AM

Cas57:
    ways to get more XP's

Unless I am mistaken, those XP glitches you mentioned were fixed many moons ago.

Don

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 3:23 AM

TopShelf2010:

Cas57:
    ways to get more XP's

Unless I am mistaken, those XP glitches you mentioned were fixed many moons ago.

Don

The award that he mentioned in the CC custom course isn't actually won at that time. It just says you won the (blank) water boy award. It says the award that you already have, Mine say you won the platinum Water boy award. That is the one I have already won by hitting almost 600 balls into the water on all types of play. 

As for the Choke relief award I'm not sure how he is trying to win it. He may be trying to do it on one of the short par 3's. I don't know if that would work or not, 

Or hitting  a very short drive with his driver on a hole that is easy to par with a very short drive, But just a very short drive won't do it,. It must be a drive under 100 yards that ends up on the fairway, Many of the holes on WGT a drive under 100 yards will be in the rough or worse, 

Or he might be trying to win it the way most of us won ours years ago, Make par by making the par putt with our driver. WGT counted that putt made with the driver as a drive under 100 yards. They fixed that glitch years ago as well. 

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 10:38 AM

My message is I've won the Silver Water Boy with 149 so apparently that's not an award adding to your total at that time.  When playing the course using freebie balls, I hit like 10 into the water but the 149 total didn't go up.

As far as the Choke relief, whenever someone creates a tournament, not a custom course, with easy conditions and short tees, I use irons only.  Often times I'll hit the tee shot under 100 yards to add to the total for the choke relief award but they also aren't adding to my total.

I don't really care as far as I'm concerned personally, I was just trying to let some lower tiered members know of other ways to get points.  I've been checking lately only because I want to be accurate in what I'm telling them.

Out of curiosity, I'm gonna try a couple of the other awards like sandman or maybe the yips to see if the totals go up.

Ok, as of this post, I have a total of 25 Yips, missing a 2 foot or less putt for par or better, I would have guessed I had a lot more than that after playing this game for 11 years  LOL

Anyway, I just created a tourney at Wolf Creek, short tees, easy pins, low wind, with VF greens.  I should be able to miss a lot of putts under 2" for par or better.

Sorry if my original post was unclear

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 12:02 PM

Cas57:

Ok, as of this post, I have a total of 25 Yips, missing a 2 foot or less putt for par or better, I would have guessed I had a lot more than that after playing this game for 11 years  LOL

Anyway, I just created a tourney at Wolf Creek, short tees, easy pins, low wind, with VF greens.  I should be able to miss a lot of putts under 2" for par or better.

Ok, played twice.  First time around, the total for the yips went up 12.  The 2nd time around I hit into the water 17 but the water boy total didn't go up.  The total for the yips went up 12 again, Wolf B9 is a good course for people to get the awards!

It should be good for getting the sandman awards too.

Gonna play a 3rd time later today to see what kind of points I get for 50 yips  LOL

RSS