Forums

Help › Forums

Game Changes

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 19 2021 1:49 AM (5 replies)
  • SHRTGAMR
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 7:54 AM

I’ve been finding that the game is not playing the same the last couple months. Feeling strongly that something had changed. Green speeds (tournament, very fast, fast, slow, etc) are not the same and they are not consistent . . . From game to game and even hole to hole on the same course. 

im finding anything I’ve learned in the past regarding putting is out the window and it’s now a hole by hole basis.  “Wing and a Prayer” for each putt?  

same goes for distances/yardages in regards to wind speeds and directions. ZERO consistency.

is this just me? Or are others out there experiencing similar issues?! 

• 27stitches
    161 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 10:31 AM
    You are not alone. Green speeds are everywhere. Today I had a 5' putt uphill .5" on T13 greens I hit it 50% and came up .3 short. Go figure. Plus I find the break is far more extreme. Longer putts seem to be just OK.
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 10:33 AM

SHRTGAMR:
    is this just me?

You have changed clubs recently. Have you taken the time to map them correctly?

SHRTGAMR:
    not the same and they are not consistent

As for putting, which Putting Grid are you using? Classic or Standard?

Help us help you

Don

• nesto142
    28 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 11:58 AM

Totally agree. Been here since 2009 and not crazy about it, yes it's different and inconsistent 

• sueomeara
    2,904 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 12:19 AM

The only consistent thing about wgt at the moment is it's inconsistency. 

Sue

• callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 1:49 AM

27stitches:
    I find the break is far more extreme. Longer putts seem to be just OK.

Agree here with the short putts needing more break. Longer putts seem fine to me. Going to take some time getting use to the putting on the new version.

RSS