1,738 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 4:03 PM

How do you save a replay, or look at a replay? The old version

had it , why not the new?

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 8:20 AM

Just a quick reply...

Both AMD and Nvidia graphics software have save game clips features, as does Windows 10. OBS can also do it.

So although there is nothing built into the game to save a replay, it can be done with third party software, at no cost, with a little investigation. 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 11:01 AM

ScottHope:

Just a quick reply...

Both AMD and Nvidia graphics software have save game clips features, as does Windows 10. OBS can also do it.

So although there is nothing built into the game to save a replay, it can be done with third party software, at no cost, with a little investigation. 

The problem with that is that you have to record the entire round to be able to save the replay of a great shot. 

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 3:02 PM

No Joe, you are incorrect there.

All the applications I mentioned work in the same way a dashcam does. It records continuously in a loop of a time specified by the user. When you want to save a good shot that you have made, or even a shot that someone else has made, you hit a shortcut key, and the recording of the previous 10sec, 30sec or 5 minutes even, is saved for you to replay at your leisure. You do not end up with a recording of a complete game that you have to sift through to find a particular shot.

Have a look at this video made by akone12 that shows how to do it via Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar...

• RICK1947
    1,738 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 8:36 AM

TY all for the information, but I still don't understand it. I'm not that bright at

searching things on the internet. I play wgt on my desktop pc and I have

windows 10. I have look at the video  ( no sound ) and just couldn't

understand it.  Thanks Again

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 11:56 PM

ScottHope:

No Joe, you are incorrect there.

All the applications I mentioned work in the same way a dashcam does. It records continuously in a loop of a time specified by the user. When you want to save a good shot that you have made, or even a shot that someone else has made, you hit a shortcut key, and the recording of the previous 10sec, 30sec or 5 minutes even, is saved for you to replay at your leisure. You do not end up with a recording of a complete game that you have to sift through to find a particular shot.

Have a look at this video made by akone12 that shows how to do it via Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar...

Good to know Scott. 

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 2:06 AM

Rick, perhaps this will be a little easier.

1. Click your taskbars start button and then click the gear wheel (Settings).
    2. Click Gaming in the settings window.
    3. Set the Xbox Game Bar slide switch to On.
    4. Close the Settings window.
    5. Launch WGT Golf and play a shot or two.
    6. Press Windows key + Alt + G.
    7. Open Windows Explorer.
    8. Navigate your way to...
      C:\Users\***your username***\Videos\Captures.
    9. You should find your replay there. Double click it to play it.
    10. I would turn the Xbox Game Bar to off when finished playing as it uses up resources.

The xbox game bar records one minute of gameplay before the point at which you pressed the windows key + alt + g shortcut, so allow your shot to finish animating before pressing the shortcut.

The settings can be adjusted, video quality, length of recorded clip etc, but play around with it to get used to using it first.

• weetabix7
    524 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 4:54 AM

Thanks Scott, for making it so simple to follow. It works well

Shaun

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 8:58 AM

Thank you Shaun. ; )

One advantage of this method of saving game clips is that you can save whatever is happening in the game, your own shot, your opponents shot, or even glitches. In the flash version with the built in save shot feature, you could only save your own shots.

• RICK1947
    1,738 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 9:08 AM

TY Scott, for ur help after trying to figure out things I still couldn't

find Windows Explorer. But I did get to a page to capture & video

shots. But when I try to do something, this came on the screen.

Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for Captures.

So again Thanks.

RSS