Forums

Help › Forums

Practice

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 19 2021 7:03 PM (6 replies)
  • Eyeswideopen11
    108 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 2:01 PM

Has anyone ever proposed to WGT to allow players to use their purchased balls during practice without it counting towards the number of hits you get out of a ball?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 8:26 AM

Eyeswideopen11:

Has anyone ever proposed to WGT to allow players to use their purchased balls during practice without it counting towards the number of hits you get out of a ball?

Revenue from ball sales is a major aspect of this game's success. Thus, it is highly unlikely practice mode will change.

Don

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 9:18 AM

Their way of success is to count more of those, like Mulligans...

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 11:03 AM

Eyeswideopen11:

Can you practice in real life and not have any wear on your ball? 

• EricW55
    36 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 4:42 PM

borntobesting:

Can you practice in real life and not have any wear on your ball? 

Well, in a way Yes.  You don't use brand new "match" balls for practice or I certainly don't.  I and most use "former match" balls in our practice bag.  They feel the same off the club and behave the same but last for years with new "former match" balls going in all the time.

The balls we buy here last about as long as a new match ball.  When they expire is around the time the real life ball would go into the practice bag.

There isn't much incentive for WGT to change the status quo but getting 2 hits for 1 during practice would be nice. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 2:17 PM

Even when you practice with shag balls they still wear.

• EricW55
    36 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 7:03 PM

Hehehe - I suppose 9000+ posts means you don't like being wrong.  :)

RSS