Loading Issue & High CPU Usage

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 18 2021 7:03 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PedalBob
    9 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 10:16 AM

Hi.

After playing on the WGT Launcher for the past few weeks, I am suddenly having loading issues. Unable to play for the last 2 nights.

After setting up a new multiplayer game, or accepting an invite, when the game starts loading, I get stuck on "Render Objects... 0%". Every now and then I get an error message with "Loading Issue... Please check your internet connection....." At this stage, the golf.exe process runs at 60-80% on my CPU .

After it started yesterday, I did a full uninstall, deleting program files and registry keys, and a fresh install, and that enabled me to carry on for a while. However, tonight, I went through the same process again, but this time it didn't help

Anyone had anything similar?

Thanks.

Rob

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 10:38 AM

I haven’t had these issues but if it gets stuck “loading” have you tried just closing the app and restarting it?

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 1:33 PM

PedalBob:

After playing on the WGT Launcher for the past few weeks, I am suddenly having loading issues. [...]

Anyone had anything similar?

Yes, starting about 2 days ago, the game has been very very slow to load.  I can play single-player and multi-player games, but both are slow.  It seems to get stuck on different things, like Render Objects, Loading, Loading Map, etc.  Changing views by clicking the camera icon or hitting spacebar takes about 10-12 seconds to do, as the app goes back to the server to load the new view.  After the final putt on a hole, the image just freezes for 10-12 seconds before showing the scorecard and allowing you to continue the game.

It's not my internet.  I can talk to others on Discord just fine while this is happening.  Other web sites load quickly and display fine.

I'm guessing it's a problem on WGT's network or servers or both.  Their engineers need to check their logs to see what's going on with the connections and server responses and maybe do some automated garbage cleanup.  In other words, basic stuff.

• PedalBob
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 6:48 AM

Thanks SamSpayed.

I can't even get as far as teeing it up. Sits on "Render Object...0%" forever. And all the time my internet is running at 35-45 Mbps, tested while waiting to load.

If the problem is with WGT network or servers, then its only happening under certain conditions, to just a few of us lucky ones. I can't see WGT fixing this any time soon, so where to next? I've done 2 full uninstall and re-installs already. Do I now look at a fresh install of Win10?

Very frustrating!!!

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 6:52 AM

SamSpayed:

I'm guessing it's a problem on WGT's network or servers or both.

Game, set and match. The problem is more noticeable on alt games (4 players).

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 6:56 AM

Have you tried switching your router off for a minute or two?

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 10:38 AM

PedalBob:
    I can't see WGT fixing this any time soon, so where to next? I've done 2 full uninstall and re-installs already. Do I now look at a fresh install of Win10?

Short answer is, you can't.  All things point to this being a problem on WGT's end.  They'll need to be the ones to fix it.  And, no, you don't need to reinstall Win10, or reboot your router, or anything like that.  

Yiannis1970:
    The problem is more noticeable on alt games (4 players).

Agreed.  With 4 players playing, you have 4x the chance that one (or more) players will have a slow connection to WGT. 

I did notice late last night (about 2:00am EST) that the game loaded faster in our multiplayer games.  I imagine that was because there were fewer people playing at that time, and therefore more connections available and less server resources being used.

• PedalBob
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 4:50 AM

Hi ScottHope. I tried that but didn't help. Thanks anyway.

• PedalBob
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 4:59 AM

Hi SamSpayed.

The fact that all my mates are playing fine on the app, in 4 player games, suggests that something is different on my laptop (and anyone else's who is having this problem) from the others.

Tonight I will try to play using my daughter's laptop with my account. See how that behaves.

This is very frustrating as I'm losing out on my nightly game with the mates.

Playing multiplayer at 2am... like your style.

Thanks.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 5:40 AM

ScottHope:

Have you tried switching your router off for a minute or two?

Turning it off isn't enough, it needs to be actually disconnected for a minute or so to reset.

• PAGES
RSS