Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • TomCarioca
    283 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2021 12:10 PM

Not much left to add -

CONGRATS BANDITS

CONGRATS GOLFOS

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FINNY, DOTTY, NIGEL, JOHNNY

THANK YOU ALL OUT THERE! :)

Like every year it has been an outstanding tournament, a fantastic opportunity to get in touch with the WGT community and make new friends, a superb entertainment when following the matches on Twitch and last not least fun reading the comments and weekly reports in the forum.

By the way - what a great closing statement - DOTTY FOR PULITZER!!!

Looking forward to meeting you all at the WORLD CUP 2022!

CHEERS!

• Phippo20040
    104 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 12:34 AM

firstly a big congratulations to T.C.C and GOLFO'S

secondly a MASSIVE golf clap to the entire team that make this world cup such a great event each year.

thirdly congratulations to each club and all their players for participating and making it an incredible tournament

thanks everyone it is really appreciated

Andy

• KenBTEXAS
    281 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 1:43 AM

TomCarioca:

Not much left to add -

CONGRATS BANDITS

CONGRATS GOLFOS

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FINNY, DOTTY, NIGEL, JOHNNY

THANK YOU ALL OUT THERE! :)

Like every year it has been an outstanding tournament, a fantastic opportunity to get in touch with the WGT community and make new friends, a superb entertainment when following the matches on Twitch and last not least fun reading the comments and weekly reports in the forum.

By the way - what a great closing statement - DOTTY FOR PULITZER!!!

Looking forward to meeting you all at the WORLD CUP 2022!

CHEERS!

what he said

THANKS Paul

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 2:34 AM

ordinal v PAULFINN52 Sunday 12/09 7pm UK www.twitch.tv/paulfinn52

Come on everyone, lets get out there and cheer finny on..... the player who started all of this will finally get a chance to play in the finals woo hooo.....

Cheers all,

Dotty

• PRIESTESS
    10,700 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 5:20 AM

TdotDoba:

ordinal v PAULFINN52 Sunday 12/09 7pm UK www.twitch.tv/paulfinn52

Come on everyone, lets get out there and cheer finny on..... the player who started all of this will finally get a chance to play in the finals woo hooo.....

Cheers all,

Dotty

You can do it Paul. Make conversation  , it effects his calculus system:)

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 10:25 AM

Nothing left to say after My Broski`s speech and all the Wonderful Words from others.

A massive Thank You to Everybody Involved in the World Cup, Take a Bow Folks.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 12:27 PM

It's been a blast.

Goodbye World Cup 2021 :) :) 

- Carl 

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 12:29 PM

TdotDoba:

As I may not be around tomorrow after finny's game, I will post this early, after all I couldn't make you wait for a couple of days :)

The 2021 World Cup Presentation

Another World Cup is in the books and I hope it's been a fun season, I think we have had some great battles and some spectacular tight matches on twitch... great entertainment from all the players, thanks to all who twitched.

It sure was a very exciting finish with the SEL ThunderChickens fighting every inch of the way, firstly against their own club mates in the 1/4 finals and then taking on Cobra Kai in the semi's. It seemed like almost every game went down to the 18th or extra holes, SEL carried this onto the finals

TCC Bandits showed their class and skill in the finals, a lot of games came right down to the last few holes and sudden death, TCC jumped off to a 2 game lead early, timely wins by SEL brought it even again, then SEL went up 3-2, and the Bandits got a real wake up call and responed with 3 wins in a row, with the game that sealed the deal going to the 20th hole. This was truly a series that could have gone either way. A great WC battle!

Please put your hands together for The 2021 World Cup Champions TCC Bandits....Vigorous golf clap and bow of respect! Well done!

https://i.imgur.com/ID2fWHs.png

The Plate saw Cosa Nostra back to defend their 2020 Plate win, last year they blew through the competition and won all 9 games.... 

This year they were up against Golfos Panellets and they where having none of it....  The entire CC behind them and using the power of the smoke, they were unbeatable, as Luis Enrique keeps reminding me that he told me that at the beginning of the round lol (cheers my brother).

Here is a quote from Borat the Captain of Cosa Nostra: "A True Gentleman,Top Man,like all of the Golfos,You guys really outplayed us in the Final and once again,Congratulations Fellas you fully deserve this win, CLASS"

I have to agree, all the games were played in great spirit and brotherhood, I'm very proud of both teams for a fun Plate final. The Golfos have made their mark and I'm sure they are now huddled in their very smokey clubhouse, planning on how to take the Cup & Plate for next year... Woo Hoo!

Please put your hands together for The 2021 World Cup Plate Champions Golfos Panellets, vigorous golf clap and bow of respect! Well done! Vamooooos Golfossss!

https://i.imgur.com/XdyHFUm.png

I would like to thank every player who took part in a match, either in the group stages or the knockout stages, I hope you at least have made a couple of new friends and have had some fun and banter along the way. I want to thank all the captains for their endless work and problem solving to make this competition move along smoothly.  Captains it was a real pleasure to work with you again this year!

A special thanks to the Captains who helped me review the tough calls and gave me their wisdom and insight. (you know who you are)

Many thanks to all the sponsors for their generosity. Your giving adds a whole other fun level to this competition.

I want to thank the team: 

Finny who's vision to create a tournament to bring together players that may never otherwise have had a chance to meet, have fun and go for a spin, has lived up to all expectations and more again this year. And for his dedication and hard work to make that happen. Thank you Paul and congrats for finally getting to play in the final, a great moment for all of us to see, you earned it buddy.

Nigel (Wutpa) Thanks again for your hard work and dedication year after year on how we present this tournament. And thank you for all the hours it took to make the presentation so very slick. Folks it is a lot of work! 

Johhny (Wigertoods2010) for designing the trophies again this year, your work and classy trophy's are much appreciated... great graphics Johnny, they really are the cherry on top... woo hoo!

Once again it has been a blast and a privilege to organize and help bring this tournament to the great WGT community.

I hope you all found some fun in this years addition, They're always rough spots, but I hope that all involved can see beyond those rough spots to what this competition is about and found some joy in your playing it.. 

I leave you with the mission statement of the World Cup:

"The World Cup was created by Paul Finn, he did this so that players of all rank and skill can play together and make some new friends... to get together and just have fun.... we ask that teams leave the "win at all cost attitude" at the door, because this in not what this is about and to treat each other with kindness, respect and just have fun."

Hope you all had a blast.... be well, be safe, be kind. (thanks Hik)

With Warm Affection and Respect,

Dotty

As the last game is played, I thought I would bump this.... great effort finny and great win Don, both played great... cheers

• FarFoo
    2,913 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 12:42 PM

Many thanks for all the congrats wgt'ers .. A class final fitting for this event, well played SEL, a lot of games were decided by one shot.

Thanks to Finny, Dotty, Nigel & Johhny for making this happen, and all the team captains who played their part making this thing run smooth.

Congrats to Golfos for winning The Pate also,, and Cosa Nostra trying to make it 2 consecutive wins.

Look forward to the event next year where we will try to hang on to our trophy.

I already let Finny know that TCC will be happy to help make it happen if needed.

Tess is right btw, this is the best tournament on wgt, must increase the play by a big %, shame they don't help contribute or develop this in some way.

G

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2021 12:55 PM
RSS