Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2021 1:49 PM

TdotDoba:

What I'm getting at, and this is for everyone, you have to pick up the game from the last completed hole in the match... if you feel the scorecard has to be right and you feel that keeping it in your head or on paper is not going to work... then go back and get it right. Otherwise there will be an unfair advantage for someone.

I understand that discos are a pita, especially on stroke play matches. But i will try to make a couple of scenarios Dotty...

Number 13. Player A is 1up over player B. After the 2 drives, player B finishes with the approach 1 foot from the hole. As player A prepares the approach shot we have a disco...

For me, the best solution in this scenario is as soon as the game restarts, player B has automatically a birdie by cc (only needs to enter the green) and player A has to birdie, in order to tie the hole.

Scenario 2 (more complicated).

Same situation with the difference that player B holes out.

What we do then?

I would say player A can try to hole out with the approach and if he/she doesn't make it, then conceding the hole.

• misterwyatt
    37 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2021 2:12 PM

Group 1 - Round 6 - Match 4

Tie #1 - 247 deadeye9145 LOSS vs 433 homerss11

Tie # 7 - 244 Versace37 WIN vs 434 crapclubs

• aliesen
    60 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2021 5:50 PM

group2

round6

fairway fanatics3 - sel fairway warriors

Tie#8 

aliesen win vs sriley13

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2021 12:14 AM

TdotDoba:

Tgkomv:
    Yiannis is correct. I did not know you can concede a hole only twice. It was not like that in the Flash version.

On both the flash version and the new version, any player can only concede twice....  Also, when this happened, you should have restarted and done it right... the way it was done, Tgkomv got the advantage by being 3up and one less hole to play... 

The Rule states this:

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and the game times out before they get back, the game will restart after the last completed hole with the same score. How you get back to the hole to restart is up to both players to agree on.

Once both players have agreed and the game is completed after any discos, then there can be no complaints, the result will stand.

A match cannot be claimed a win through disconnections, players have to finish the match.

I have left out the examples as they are not pertinent for this.

Also, you could have just said after you got back to the 14th, ok even if the score says only 2up, that I'm 3up and play accordingly and restarted from the proper hole (14)... you could just keep the proper score in your heads or written it down....

What I'm getting at, and this is for everyone, you have to pick up the game from the last completed hole in the match... if you feel the scorecard has to be right and you feel that keeping it in your head or on paper is not going to work... then go back and get it right. Otherwise there will be an unfair advantage for someone.

If your opponent complains about this, you may have to go back and pick it up from the right spot and complete the game, I don't think it will change the outcome as you won 3up. But that would be his right.

I hope this sheds a bit more light on the disconnections and what to do.

Cheers all and thanks for putting your hearts into this competition.

-Dotty

What i cannot understand is how someone who is 3 up can then after the mess up continue from the 15th where it counts? Its like saying , hey its your fault but ya know what lets just play 4 holes not 6 . Jeff had 3 Eagles so it was obviously a very low scoring, high level game which was ruined by simply not restarting again after the mess up.  I spoke to Jeff and he would rather move on but is obviously not happy he started for real on the 15th not 13th. LOL. Quite funny because when he accidently made the putt on 12 Tg said he had to cc the next 2 after  hahahaaha. Anyway .,,

• littleboots
    229 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2021 12:21 AM

Group 3: Round 6 - Match 3

Tie #6

308 littleboots LOSS vs 206 mbcarp99

We stood on the 18th tee all square after we shared eagles on 17. Mbcarp99 drove over the creek and was just short of the green. I opted to lay up short of the creek in the fairway. We both got on the green and had makeable birdie putts. Mine was a fairly straight putt, 8 feet 4 inches and downhill 3.5 inches. However, I struck too delicately and the ball stopped at the front edge of the cup! My opponent made his birdie, but not before telling me that I had played a lot of good golf out there and that I deserved for that putt to drop. Even though I lost it was a fun match all the way and a pleasure meeting another fine player.

• Tgkomv
    617 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2021 1:09 AM

PRIESTESS:
    What i cannot understand is how someone who is 3 up can then after the mess up continue from the 15th where it counts? Its like saying , hey its your fault but ya know what lets just play 4 holes not 6 . Jeff had 3 Eagles so it was obviously a very low scoring, high level game which was ruined by simply not restarting again after the mess up.  I spoke to Jeff and he would rather move on but is obviously not happy he started for real on the 15th not 13th. LOL. Quite funny because when he accidently made the putt on 12 Tg said he had to cc the next 2 after  hahahaaha. Anyway .,,

You all keep missing the point. In the original round, I was 3Up after hole 13, with 5 left to play. We halved hole 13 and then the game paused to reconnect. At the beginning of the new back 9 set up, both Jeff and I agreed that we would move to the same point, meaning Jeff would concede the first 3 holes and we would halve the 4th hole. That would have brought us back to me being 3 Up with 5 holes to play (not 3 Up with 6 holes to play!).

Jeff agreed to that, but then he made his eagle putt on 12. You cannot simply accidentally make an eagle putt from 20ft. The point is, Jeff should have kept to the agreement, which is stated in the rules and let me win hole 12 and then halve hole 13, and the match would have gotten back to its original point.

I normally livestream my matches, but have had internet issues (awaiting servicing...). Then I could have shown the whole world what happened, and we would not be having this discussion.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2021 2:04 AM

Tgkomv:

PRIESTESS:

You all keep missing the point. In the original round, I was 3Up after hole 13, with 5 left to play. We halved hole 13 and then the game paused to reconnect. At the beginning of the new back 9 set up, both Jeff and I agreed that we would move to the same point, meaning Jeff would concede the first 3 holes and we would halve the 4th hole. That would have brought us back to me being 3 Up with 5 holes to play (not 3 Up with 6 holes to play!).

Jeff agreed to that, but then he made his eagle putt on 12. You cannot simply accidentally make an eagle putt from 20ft. The point is, Jeff should have kept to the agreement, which is stated in the rules and let me win hole 12 and then halve hole 13, and the match would have gotten back to its original point.

I normally livestream my matches, but have had internet issues (awaiting servicing...). Then I could have shown the whole world what happened, and we would not be having this discussion.

The only problem with the way you both played it is the 14th hole was taken out as a possible comeback hole. Yeah, only 2 CCs for 9 hole MPs (and 3 for 18 holers) is tricky, if you don't expect it. In hindsight, Jeff should've waited for you on the 12th green and either lose the 12th, or halve it and then lose the 13th. But after he holed the putt, y'all should've start over on the back 9 for it to be 100% fair and to come back to where you were, 3 up on 14th tee. Instead, the 14th hole was effectively called a halve, without playing it.

The "original sin" was holing the putt on 12th instead of tapping it as many times as needed, there was no coming back from that, if you wanted to replicate your original round. That's not something one would expect from an experienced player. 

• bader76
    908 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2021 2:17 AM

Group 2: Round 6 - Match 3 - June 17th - July 1st - Matchplay @Wolf Creek 18 holes Vs Fairway Fanatics 3

Tie # 1 (65) mikee672 Lost Vs (138) SeabrookFlash

Tie # 3 (72) Storm8338 Beat Vs (139) APYJR

Tie #5 (62) KillzOnHorseBack Beat Vs (147) davidgrant

Tie #7 (67) Horrorshow94 Beat Vs (137) mudheans

Tie #8 (70) Aliesen Beat Vs (144) Sriley13

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2021 2:36 AM

ok all, first thanks for all the input, lets put a pin in this and if needed, lets take it into pm's between the captains and out of the forum.

Cheers,

Dotty

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2021 2:41 AM

Only 4.5 days left to get your line ups in for round 7

Cheers all

RSS