Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 8:15 AM

Round 1 - Group of death (4) lol 

Match 3, tie 8 Tdotdoba vs Bshake08

I had a surprise game today, Bshake (Blair) got in touch with me on discord and we decided to play right then and there...

It was a really fun match, played in great spirit, and very tight until the 16th, Blair took the 16th and 17th for a 3up win.... thanks for spin mate and good luck in round 2

Cheers,

Dotty

• MikieZMan
    41 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 8:24 AM

Match 4   East Coast  vs  Freedom GC

RyanKCantrell #411 beat MikieZMan #443

The first 2 holes were parred, both players warming up. Then Ryan made a great putt on 3 to go 1 up. Ryan again made a good putt on #5 to go 2 up.  Holes 6 & 7 were halved, then MikeZMan lost internet... We had to restart the match and cc holes to get to hole 8 with Ryan being 2 up... Ryan then sunk a putt that was at least 30 feet on hole 8 to go 3 up. MikeZMan floundered on 10 and Ryan went 4 up... The back nine looked more like a match. Ryan missed a couple of putts on hole 11 and it was back to 3 up. On hole 13 Ryan again sunk an exceptional putt to go back 4 up. MikieZMan did not give up and sunk a long putt on hole 14 to put the match back to 3 up. Ryan, being the golfer that he is, came back again on hole 15 to 4 up... MikieZMan just couldn't get his game together and Ryan finished the match on hole 16 with 4 up..   Congratulations to RyanKCantrell  winner

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 9:13 AM

NicNac19:

Guess I post this here? (me under moderation)

can you post this on the ctth forum please mate to count thx

Finny

• JuanjoAviles
    135 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 12:29 PM

06 Apr JuanjoAviles defeated PortsD 4up in a 18 hole match play game on PEBBLE BEACH GOLF LINKS.

A tough game with Dan, who was unlucky with some putts and I was lucky enough to get them.

• Cuser44
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 1:09 PM

Group 3 Round 1: East Coast vs Freedom GC

#413 Cuser44 v #446 Toddy808

Cuser44 wins the match 2 & 1.

Todd took an early lead with a quick birdie start on 1.  I even the match on 5 and we stayed this way until the 8th when Todd makes a nice birdie to take the lead.

I again draw even on the 10th and we stayed this way until the 15th.

Going into 16, we both have birdie attempts and Todd's wraps around the hole just missing the edge and I'm able to drain an 18' for my birdie.

On 17, I'm able to hit my tee show within 10' and Todd sails his tee shot into the back left bunker and had a hard time getting out of the trap.  We concede each other's putts to finalize the match.

Todd was a tough opponent and an all around gentleman, and we were both evenly matched.  The result could have gone either way as Todd missed a couple of birds via the "Lip Out" and I had a couple roll over the hole.

Good Luck to all remaining matches.

• rkburd
    102 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 4:00 PM

I just finished my match with Eagledare with just 1 UP. Formidable opponent he was, we were all square thru 13 holes and at number 14 par 5 I birdied a 12 footer and he parred. I stayed 1UP going into 18. On my approach I was late of course and went into the bunker on the right. Eagledare landed safely on the green and had a 20 footer or so for eagle. I came out of the bunker and went 7 feet past the pin. Eagledare's putt was dead in but at the last second it lipped away or he would have won right there. I made my 7 footer and stayed 1 UP.  These things are INTENSE !!

RKBURD defeats EAGLEDARE 1 UP

• misterwyatt
    37 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 8:27 PM

Round 1 - Group 1 - Match 1

misterwyatt (C0BRA KAI 3) vs Sirbugger (SEL COOLRUNNINGS)

It was a very hard fought match with misterwyatt going 2 up through 8, Sirbugger showed what a Tour Legend can do making it All Square after 11, making some clutch shots and putts. Misterwyatt answered back to go 1 up again then Sirbugger almost holed out on 14, unfortunately hitting the pin on 14 but still came away with the hole putting it back all square. Heading into 17 Misterwyatt was up 1, both of us missed our tee shots with Sirbugger having a 12’ fringe putt and Misterwyatt a 16’ putt from the green. Sirbugger just barely skated the edge for a birdie. Misterwyatt then drains the 16’ for the 2 &1 win. 

Misterwyatt defeats Sirbugger 2 up with 1 to play 

• ahades
    773 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2021 12:28 AM

• PortsD
    534 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2021 2:24 AM

Group 2 Round 1 Match 4

Alphadites vs Golfos Panellets

Tie 8

#264 Portsd vs #324 JuanjoAviles -  JuanjoAviles wins 4 & 3.

Just added the match details - JuanjoAviles played some great stuff and hardly missed a putt all round. 

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2021 5:35 AM

Group One, Round One.

Cobra Kia 3  v  Coolrunnings 

Jbboon v GARRYCARTER  - jbboon  wins 4 & 3.

This was my first ever WC match & my old pal JB took my cherry.

The match went off to hot start, jb went one up bird on the 1st, then we both eagle'd 2nd, birds all the way from there blow 4 blow until the 9th where I drew level.

Enter the dreaded B9, jb went back 1up on 10, we halved a couple more with birds, but in the end JB's putting was just a bit too strong for me in the end, jb canters to a 4 & 3 win.

Absolute pleasure to have played against JB for my first ever WC match. good luck with the rest of your WC my friend, keep safe till we meet again.

Garry.

RSS