Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • golferXreturns
    712 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 4:27 PM

Group 1

Round 6 | Match 2

TCC RAIDERS V The Bushwackers     

(Tie 7) 33# golferXreturns wins 4up  384# SBrinkSenior

• FEDMOON
    1,035 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 4:34 PM

Group 1

Round 6 | Match 2

The Bushwackers vs TCC Raiders

Tie #2

#379 FEDMOON   W     vs     morgan1464   #35

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 9:00 PM

Last night Gatty and I played our World Cup game.

Match was supposed to begin at 6 PM UK. I was ready, Gatty was double ready and we both were happy bunnies. Without any hiccups, we made it to Nevada. Just in case let u all know, we had mask on.

I did my first drive of the day and got a Satellite message (oo fancy wgt ;)) from "WGT HQ" saying "In our Office Now". It was short and sweet and we both were confused. Ooo, by the way, We means not just Gatty and myself. It includes the 45 twitch viewers as well.

So we all happy bunnies turned unhappy bunnies took a taxi to their office (server room).

WGT do not like wasting time and it was spot on. As soon as we got in the server room, we were addressed to start connecting each other. We thought it would be easy peasy. We thought of finishing the connecting in 5 minutes or so but the "5 minutes was just a beginning"

Myself, Gatty and the 45 viewers didnt give up. We kept connecting. As time passed, we were given new challenges by WGT. Didn't matter, we kept the momentum going on.

"Retry, adding inventory, check your internet, signing in error, Error code 911222 kept showing up"

Did Gatty, 45 viewers and myself give up? No. Nopcity, Nop!!!!

Almost forgot!!! While we were doing their job of connecting in server room, we were provided refreshments. It was tasty. We appreciated it very much.

Almost an hour gone. Everything was done and dusted. We successfully connected. The "Connecting Can't" didn't stop us

Ladies and Gentlemen

At sharp 7 PM with an hour of delay, we were back at Wolfy. With a sweet tail at 12 on hole 1, the game began!!

Group 1

Round 6 | Match 2

TCC RAIDERS V The Bushwackers

(Tie 6) #31 Carlosdev Won 5 UP (Tie 6) #378 Gattylong

Gatty was such an easy and kind guy. His approach shots were amazing. Didnt matter if it was on fairway or in rough. It was all HB's for him. Having said that, Gattys putter was not working well. And thats when i took the advantage and sunk my putts. I knew it was dangerous if i miss my putts.

It was a pleasure to meet Gatty and his CC members. In fact this was my first interaction with the CC and i must tell ya, They are bunch of amazing fun people. I wont forget that "CANT" fun lol It was hilarious.

I wish you all some fantastic games ahead and play well (of course not against us lol)

My special thanks to everyone who were on my twitch. It was a good laugh. :) :) 

"between we paid for the uber taxi"

- Varun 

• Borat74
    2,788 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 11:46 PM

Group 2    Round 6

Cosa Nostra    v     Penalty Box 3

Tie 4   371  Gilly2017    Beats   190 Marcelofvha

Tie 5   373  Percycat    Lost to  181 SPROGGER

• wleiss
    6,263 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 3:59 AM

Group 1   Round 6   Match 2  Tie 8

THE BUSHWACKERS    v   TCC RAIDERS

#380  wleiss       L             v          W  2&1  tiptopTOPPIN  #41

Sean played great. You know how they always say, "expect your opponent to make his putt?", well that old adage stood me in good stead in this match, because Sean didn't miss many, including a couple improbable ones, but at least I wasn't surprised. LOL. On the other side of town, I couldn't make a putt to save my life for most of the match. Short ones too. At least a few of them were. But to be fair, I was putting (not putting) myself in some real bad places on the green. That, combined with a general lack of skill and finesse made for a lot of missed putts. I started to get some straighter ones later in the match, and made a couple of them to stage a little comeback, but by then Sean was on cruise control and didn't really pay much attention until I got it back to me being two down. Then he calmly holed a 15 footer for an eagle and the win. Well played sir.

Thanks to the gallery at Twitch for watching and for being so kind and well-behaved. I may even look at the chat while I'm playing next time. Now that I know I probably won't get heckled. 

• JMH1
    285 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 4:58 AM

Details added to above post:

Group 1, Round 6, Match 1

Aphrodeltas vs SEL Cool Runnings

#275 Cate55 WIN over #470 Islandar 

• KILLER52
    749 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 9:36 AM

Group 1 :  Round 6, Match 6

Aphrodeltas vs. SEL Cool Runnings

#280 Killer52 WIN over  #474 Spanishfox.   4 & 3

Just got done playing a really nice guy in Mick.  Good conversation and a fun time.  Good game Mick and good luck down the road.  Take care and be safe out there.

- Tom

:)

• sirshinealot
    172 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 10:39 AM

World Cup Group 3  Round 6  Match 3  Tie 5  Wolf Creek Matchplay

THE FOUNDERS CLUB B        V'S   TCC SPARTANS 

306 Blu3Bulls         v's       197     dzonwejin    Wins 4 up 

it was a great game both players played well but Miljan came out on top thanks for the stream Miljan and good Luck both in the rest of the world cup 

• misterwyatt
    37 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 10:39 AM

Group 1 - Round 6 - Match 4 - Tie #5

243 jbboon WINS 2&1 vs 421 jacktrade51

• scottytw991
    111 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 12:34 PM

Group 1

Round 6 | Match 2

TCC RAIDERS V The Bushwackers

(Tie 6) #38 SCOTTYTW991  DRAW  (Tie 6) #383 AMIRINTEXAS

Was nip and tuck all the way to 18th hole, and Amir needed a 2 to tie, and executed the drive beautifully, so match ended up all square.

Thanks Amir for the game, and catch you on the course soon.

Cheers, Scotty

RSS