Forums

Help › Forums

The passing of long time player Lizard69

Mon, May 3 2021 4:21 PM (22 replies)
  • DeirdreO
    90 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 3:04 AM

WGT Family.  It is with very deep sadness that I let you know that Lizard69 (Andrew Ivell) passed away yesterday.  

Many of you knew him and played with him over the many years he played WGT.  He was a very funny guy, a great player, and he loved teaching others how to improve their game. It was a passion of his.  He has struggled for six months or more with problems from Deep Vein Thrombosis and the resulting horrible ulcer on his leg, which threatened amputation.  He suffered a lot.  But he was optimistic he would get better.  

He loved WGT, he loved the game, the people he met over the many years, he loved Or-Can Club, and we loved him.  He was emotional when this wonderful WGT Family came together with donations and well wishes to get him medical treatment.  I’m distraught, but also so grateful to have known him, and shared a lot of arguments and laughs with him.  R.I.P. Liz.

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 10:07 AM

Very sorry to hear this, he was a long time member of my former club East Coast.

RIP

Frank

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 11:03 AM

So sad to hear that. He was my mentor years ago, teached me a lot about the game.

Good bye, Liz, see you in heaven.

Dein Freund Friedel

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 11:32 AM

Sending my condolesces to family and friends .

you need to get a national health service free to all .

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 12:20 PM

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace Andrew.

Bjorn

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 12:22 PM

Sad news indeed.

Many, including myself, considered Andrew to be one of the very first "influencers" of this game we all have a love/hate relationship with. As mentioned earlier, Andrew was so willing to share his knowledge of the game with others.

Andrew's presence will surely be missed. My thoughts and condolences go out to his family and friends.

RIP my friend

Don

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 1:02 PM

Andrew, I'm greatly saddened to hear of your passing. We only chatted a few times here at WGT, mostly about techy things, but you struck me as a jolly nice chap. Bit of an old fashioned term these days I know, but the world needs more jolly nice chaps and now we have one less, so that's a step in the wrong direction, sadly.

I won't forget you Andrew, whenever I see elephants silhouetted around a tree against a red sky, lizard69 always comes to mind.

Take care Andrew.

• RayMonDz0
    960 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 1:38 PM

That is really sad news. Condolences to his family and friends and may he RIP!

brad

• micklemas1
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2021 1:39 AM

We at OrCan didnt have Andrew with us long enough.

To read how valued he was within the WGT community is bringing this home to me even stronger.

I now know he wasnt OURS, he was all of OURS.

A big man with a big heart never afraid to speak his mind but never ever afraid to help.

Luvyaguts mate R.I.P.

• Tgkomv
    617 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2021 5:06 AM

My sincere condolences to Andrew's family and all his friends on WGT. Great to hear how your CC collected donations to get him medical treatment. We were briefly together at The Beat Ranch. I did not have the honour to know him as well as all of you did, but he is in my prayers! Tom

RSS