Forums

Help › Forums

What on earth has happened?

Mon, Jan 10 2022 11:19 AM (83 replies)
  • Bagolin
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 6:58 AM

Just wondering, what on earth has happened to the game? Probably haven't played since September and I've just come back to this shambles? Where's the old version? Why  has it changed? I am so confused

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 8:14 AM

Bagolin:

Just wondering, what on earth has happened to the game? Probably haven't played since September and I've just come back to this shambles? Where's the old version? Why  has it changed? I am so confused

The flash version of the game came to an end on December 29th.

If you wish to continue playing WGT, you will need to download the new version.

Don

• RickinWaSt
    2,062 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 9:52 AM

Welcome back to the EA version of WGT. As you have noticed, a different look and feel vs Flash. Some folks struggle with the new version, some have pledged to leave, and others have stayed with it.

There are 2 available versions of putting, One is the Flash looking version and the other is the EA version. That option is found in "Settings". 

• hershman
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 6:39 PM

I agree, it is terrible, I play all the time, and everything has gone backwards rather than forwards, given they had an opportunity to tweak some stuff, now the graphics are worse, in fact everything is worse. I was good for USD100 per month to enter comps etc, now I have stopped playing and they will lose that. Multiply that by what I imagine is a large amount of disgruntled players, especially experienced ones who spend like me, and they will lose big time, and hopefully bring back the old, and certainly still excellent, version.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 4:35 AM

The sooner people get a grip of the fact the old flash version is gone, won't be coming back, is dead, the better off they will be.  If you don't like the new version, instead of complaining about it here in the forums.  Don't let the door bang your butt on the way out.

• RickinWaSt
    2,062 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 7:54 AM

I get the published frustrations by long time "Flash" players. Hoping there's more of a revolving door effect for some.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 10:24 AM

Learn the new version! it is actually better than flash in so many ways, It will just take time to get used to it, The game play is exactly the same as flash without all the meter stutters that plagued so may players. Lone time flash players? I am a long time flash player, Over 11 years, I was one of the players who was trying to figure out how to still play flash after Adobe killed it., But when WGT announced that the flash game would end on December 29th I switched to the new version and never looked back, Sure there are still a few things that need improving but with each month's updates it keeps getting better, And how many of the players complaining about the new version were complaining about the glitches in the flash game, It;s probably  many of the same players.

• BigTrap
    29 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 11:57 AM

Yeah its pretty bad! I'm just trying to use up my points then if things don't change I'm out. ridiculous to completely change the entire game but that's what they did! But they dont' care to me that says a lot!

• gillian5048
    154 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 12:56 PM

agree with you borntotesting; folks just need to give the new version a chance; I have played the new version since November; some though will never change

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 3:48 PM

borntobesting:
    The game play is exactly the same as flash without all the meter stutters that plagued so may players.

I disagree and agree, it does not play even close to the Flash version but the meter does have just one quality, it's smoother.

The game play of that meter however, is not even remotely close to the same for me, sadly. For all of the 2200+ consecutive days that I've played and loved this game, I have been an off-ding putter. The meter now, does not translate that even remotely close. I've only been playing it for 3 weeks but I'm not making any headway back to my prior putting capabilities. A putt that I would make 9 out of 10 times by clicking maybe an 1/8th of an inch early before the center ding, I now need to click just barely past the flop line to have any chance of sinking it.

My other big issue with this new version is that I play 95% of my games multi stroke with some good friends each evening. The screen no longer being interactive when it's not your shot has made watching paint dry more entertaining. "Watching Opponent"? No sheet Sherlock, what the hay else is there to do?

Dead and useless mini-map. Can't check my yardage or look at different cam angles for my next shot, can't even click on reverse cam to watch my pal's putt, can't do anything but stare at an ugly avatar ***. Has made the game very boring and takes longer to play now as well since you can't really brain prep your next shot at all, you use more timer when it finally is your turn again.

Like I said, it's only been 3 weeks and I'm hanging in there but the off-ding putting and the dead screen in multi are my two biggest peeves.

EDIT: Okay, 3 peeves, lol. Did they put the dang ding on a diet or something? Fatten it up a little, hitting the dang thing is much more difficult now despite a smoother meter. Seems to always be just the tiniest pixel off and much more penalizing in a side wind for just BARELY missing it.

RSS