Help › Forums

PUTTER LENGTH

Mon, Feb 15 2021 12:20 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sueomeara
    2,913 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2021 12:27 AM

Hi, 

Has any one out there found their putter length has changed since the new version started. 

I use a Nike method putter that in the old game I'm sure was a level 96 but in the new one it's not. It has also changed to a belly putter easily spotted as it has a red handle, I've written to wgt about it but not had any answer back.

The rest of my clubs seem to be ok accept the putter, or have they shrunk the female avatar when the putter one stands up.

Sue

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2021 5:39 AM

I have the same putter Sue. Just did some comparison pictures between the male and female avatars. Click on the images to view them full size.

EDIT : I loaded up the starter putter to see how long that was and it appears to extend to the avatars abdomen as well...

• sueomeara
    2,913 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 12:18 AM

Hi Scott,

I love the pictures talk about David and Goliath, or should I say Davina lol. The difference is ridiculous what are wgt playing at. I already thought the ladies avatar looks like an anorexic stick insect and those pictures do not help.

I am pretty sure in the old game I had the level 96 method but in the new game I've got the level 89. The old putter was flat to the ground but this one is heel to the ground more a V shape. So I'm not sure what they have done.

Thank you for looking into this for me.

Sue

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 1:09 AM

You're right Sue, the difference between the two avatars is too much. Although I think there is a Unity library from where avatars can be obtained, so WGT may not be entirely to blame for the size difference.

You are close with your putter details...

...as far as I can remember, some or maybe all Nike equipment had its purchase level reduced by 5, to make it available to more members before Nike was removed from the shop. My own Nike putter was a level 51 but now shows as a level 46.

The way the female avatar is holding the putter is a bit odd as well. As she is shorter, she is holding the grip nearer the bottom which makes sense, but the angle of the shaft is tipped over more compared to the male avatar, therefore the putter head is tipped up. She has also closed the putter face so now if she hits the ball, it's going to go off to the left instead of straight ahead, lol.

She needs to go back to the pro shop for some adjustments.  ; )

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 1:14 AM

Looks like they may have copied Michelle Wie's putting style and putter length from 2014 when she won the Lady's U.S. Open. 

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 1:40 AM

That's a very weird style isn't it. More like an impersonation a two legged table.

• sueomeara
    2,913 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 2:42 AM

Hi Scott,

The stats for my old method were Precision 5.2 Meter speed 4.5 Forgiveness 4 balance 4.

I know as other members have got one so I checked. I hope maybe wgt will sort it out as that avatar needs looking at.

Sue

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 3:08 AM

Sue, with apparel bonuses changing equipment stats, everything is all over the shop (lol) these days.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 3:46 AM

sueomeara:

Hi Scott,

The stats for my old method were Precision 5.2 Meter speed 4.5 Forgiveness 4 balance 4.

I know as other members have got one so I checked. I hope maybe wgt will sort it out as that avatar needs looking at.

Sue

Sue, your Nike Method was L94 and Scott's was L51. They still are the same as they were. Nothing's changed. The reason why they're showing as L89 and L46 is that all Nike clubs were downgraded 5 levels a few weeks before they took them out of the pro shop, so more people could get them. Same goes for Nike drivers, 3 woods and irons. They're all the same clubs as they originally were though ;-)

Edit: I just saw Scott's already explained this, lol. I should really read everything, before I post... 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 7:28 AM

If I tried to putt like Michelle Wie they would have to take me to the chiropractor as soon as the round was over. That is if I made it the entire round.

• PAGES
RSS