Forums

Help › Forums

I suggest no more $ for WGT

Tue, Feb 9 2021 9:23 AM (50 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 6:53 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    As long as the apparel abilities remain prohibited for ranked rounds as they are now, I don't care whether my opponent uses them or not in coin rooms, clash rounds, etc.

And here's the other crazy thing. For years, players complain about the cost of clubs as well as the better clubs not being available until a player gets to the higher levels. 

But I now carry a driver that goes 295 yards (as opposed to its 287 stated distance) and a 3-wood that goes 259 yards (as opposed to its stated distance of 250 yards), and I spent no money to get them. They were upgraded using apparel packs and coins, which WGT gave me. 

At the very least, not having to upgrade my driver saved me over 5,000 credits. Some people are having a visceral reaction to the apparel that makes no sense.

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 1:49 PM

MarchieB:
    Apparel is actually ON during “solo” Ranked Rounds.

MarchieB,  Every 'solo ranked round' I play on the PC App I have not had Apparel running in the game, and I have always had the Clothing Attributes going into Ranked games, SE Cap for Driver distance etc etc. Just does not happen. For me anyway.

You play Clashes, TurfWars, Coin Rooms, WGT has Apparel On, or preloaded I guess into the game styles.

When Apparel is turned ON for me my driver is 309yards.Turned Off and it becomes 291yards. I cannot see wgt having this type of standard (just yet) in Ranked Rounds.

Therefore, as Simon says up above..,

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:33 PM

I guess I didn't explain why I dislike this new version.  I agree it's the same, I can play it as well, my shots go the same distance;  that's not why I posted this.

My point about the apparel packs,  was IMO they could have  spent time improving the game instead.  Can you imagin how much time they put into making all those different shirts, shoes hat. and gloves and most do some thing special so the y have to program that , putting forgiveness, added  distance for certain clubs etc etc etc.  That took a lot of programing work, don't you agree?   

In the mean time, we still have that huge billboard blocking the putting view. Doesnt that seem easy enough to make it smaller and /or completely tranparent except for numbers?

How about hitting V, makes it disappear; but we already know our distance, they could make it where we could move our aimer after we already know the numbers.

How a bout the giant "WATCHING OPPONENT" across the screen.   Seems pretty easy to make that tiny like they do on your opponents name or what par it is. They could make the aforementionede a little bigger. Seems pretty easy to do,  easier than making apparel packs any way, does'nt it?

Some one said it's just like the flash version,  BULL

It is so much more cumbersome to change clubs, and shot type with this  new version, I caan do it but  why did they make where you have to mouse and click  3 or 4 time when with flash it was a simple click.   They could fix each of these with less work than making a pair of popeye shoes.

How about this.  It is difficult or impossible   to get an AS, Match Play, Stroke play or any normal golf game if you'd like to play with someone else.   You get the message NO GAME AVAILABLE, TRY AGAIN.

OK,  so I"m  the only one in the world who wants to play and there is no one; right?

Nope, just you try a coin game,  It only takes a couple seconds to get somebody to play with.    And 99% of these coin players have never heard of the flash version.

Also it appears that they DO NOT spend money on WGT because they are playing with the beginner free clubs and balls. 

Some one said , the apparel packs  give their club more distance so they don't have to buy a more expensive Driver.   That's what I talkin bout.   WGT don't need money, 

This used to be a more realistiic golf game.  They are do their R&D on making this an arcade game with fictitious  goodies that have nothing to do with real golf.

I know, I know, seems alot of people must like this,  and maybe wgt designers obviously love the arcade features too.   Most of the coin players dont spend money on clubs and balls,  and I'm not either, not until they at least acknowledge  and start to improve this or make 2 different games  , GOLF version or   Arcade Golf version.

I've seen alot of posts saying just what I have said, and they have done nothing,  so I'm hoping when they will they notice a loss of revenue, they might feel , maybe they could see how this version is way  different than the flash version, way inferior IMO

LIke I said , I have credits, but I wo'nt be buying more if this is the finished product.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:51 PM
    Robert1893:
    It's amazing, isn't it? All those posts we used to see about mobile being easier to play and mobile players having advantages have seemed to disappear. 😉
    MarchieB:
    Apparel is actually ON during “solo” Ranked Rounds. But if anything I look at that as a disadvantage as those players who play their solo RR’s with apparel enhancements ON are not preparing themselves for RR’s (CC or WGT Tournaments/Events) where the apparel is banned.
    Robert1893:
    And here's the other crazy thing. For years, players complain about the cost of clubs as well as the better clubs not being available until a player gets to the higher levels. 
    But I now carry a driver that goes 295 yards (as opposed to its 287 stated distance) and a 3-wood that goes 259 yards (as opposed to its stated distance of 250 yards), and I spent no money to get them. They were upgraded using apparel packs and coins, which WGT gave me. 
    At the very least, not having to upgrade my driver saved me over 5,000 credits. Some people are having a visceral reaction to the apparel that makes no sense.
    wedge0837:
    Every 'solo ranked round' I play on the PC App I have not had Apparel running in the game, and I have always had the Clothing Attributes going into Ranked games, SE Cap for Driver distance etc etc. Just does not happen. For me anyway.
    You play Clashes, TurfWars, Coin Rooms, WGT has Apparel On, or preloaded I guess into the game styles.
    When Apparel is turned ON for me my driver is 309yards.Turned Off and it becomes 291yards. I cannot see wgt having this type of standard (just yet) in Ranked Rounds.
    Can't possibly agree more to all the above.
    I personally don't see the apparel abilities as an "upgrade" either because I've mapped all my clubs with the balls I use and as soon as the clothing enhancement kicks in, all the mapped distance gets ruined. Of course, you may remap them all when the apparel thing is turned on but.... why would you waste your time and efforts doing something you won't be even able to take advantage of when it really matters?!
    IMHO it'd be much better if WGT removes all the apparel abilities and just leaves the apparel appearance because no clothes makes you hit 20-30 yards longer in real life.
  • callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:52 PM

ct690911:

callaghan159:

Firstmrmax:
    I can't believe they spent all that time making apparel packs that make the ball do different things

Just because they make apparel packs you don't have to use them. I don't use any of the boosting apparel. I have beaten people who do use them. The boosting apparel does not make you a better player. You still have to hit the ball straight and know how to putt.

Other than hitting the ball straight and knowing how to putt....my game was solid..:))

LMAO....😂😂😂

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:55 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    no clothes makes you hit 20-30 yards longer in real life.

I went to my local Golf Town store and bought a key chain....now my golf cart drives itself...no one is needed behind the wheel.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:56 PM

Firstmrmax:
     My point about the apparel packs,  was IMO they could have  spent time improving the game instead.  Can you imagin how much time they put into making all those different shirts, shoes hat. and gloves and most do some thing special so the y have to program that , putting forgiveness, added  distance for certain clubs etc etc etc.  That took a lot of programing work, don't you agree? 

Totally disagree.

First, the apparel benefits have been around for a long time (going back to fall 2017). And second, they've been developed along the way over that time. The logic simply fails that adding those features prevented them from working on other aspects of the platform. And that especially applies to the rollout of the modalities to replace flash.

There's no doubt that there are some issues with the game. No one denies that. But to conclude that they're arrogant and don't seem to care seems incorrect to me. 

Yes, they could probably do a bit better job of communicating. And yes, from our side, it seems like these issues should be solved by now. But here's the thing: every software has issues. Just Google any piece of software and then go to a discussion board revolving around it. I would bet a whole bunch of money that you'll see thread after thread of people complaining about some aspect of if. 

Or if you don't want to do that, think about hardware. For example, Apple has some of the more ardent and devoted customers. But their discussion boards are as just filled with "What the heck are they doing or not doing?" posts. 

Maybe we should simply consider that the issues are not as easily resolved as we believe them to be. At the very least, we should conclude that WGT is no different than other companies.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 5:20 PM

callaghan159:
    I went to my local Golf Town store and bought a key chain....now my golf cart drives itself...no one is needed behind the wheel.

Bet it talks to you too! This came to my mind. Hehe

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 6:28 PM

Firstmrmax:

This new version is such and insult to the old flash game.  There are so many thing that just need to change, I just can't type them again over and over. 

Their designers spent so much time engineering all these different shoes, shirts gloves and pants,  they made a surprise box for us thats' useless, right or left handed avatars , all this arcade stuff.  You can't get a match play , an alternate shot with a friend,  a skins or stroke play game . You certainly can get their  coin games , all against  relatively new players, playing with the free balls and clubs , and  that's it for multi player games.

The worst part, is they are too arrogant to even admit there is a problem or they don't care, they are done and proud of themselves, I guess.

I guess they are smart and they may be making a lot of money off the new guys playing with free equipment and don't need  most of the old timers any more. I don't know how.

I still have $46 worth of credits and clubs to sell; if they they don't vastly improve this arcade game,  I won't spend any more money here. This new game is comparable to "golf clash" or golf championsip", something you might play when on an airplane on your phone.

I can't believe they spent all that time making apparel packs that make the ball do different things and can't make a game , even near as realistic as the old flash version.

So, since they don't seem to care about our suggestions,  I can only hope they care about losing money. 

RIP Classic WGT, you are missed.

I have to disagree ...The more you play the new version the more you will enjoy it ...Sure it still needs some work but hopefully they will continue to make adjustments...

As far as "No more $ for WGT"??? I tried that with my rent....NOT SO MUCH!! 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 2:30 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Bet it talks to you too! This came to my mind. Hehe

No it doen't talk to me, at least not yet. Waiting for that option to be sold in the pro shop, but I do talk to myself and I know thats not a good sign. Lol

RSS