Forums

Help › Forums

I suggest no more $ for WGT

Tue, Feb 9 2021 9:23 AM (50 replies)
  • Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 9:00 PM

This new version is such and insult to the old flash game.  There are so many thing that just need to change, I just can't type them again over and over. 

Their designers spent so much time engineering all these different shoes, shirts gloves and pants,  they made a surprise box for us thats' useless, right or left handed avatars , all this arcade stuff.  You can't get a match play , an alternate shot with a friend,  a skins or stroke play game . You certainly can get their  coin games , all against  relatively new players, playing with the free balls and clubs , and  that's it for multi player games.

The worst part, is they are too arrogant to even admit there is a problem or they don't care, they are done and proud of themselves, I guess.

I guess they are smart and they may be making a lot of money off the new guys playing with free equipment and don't need  most of the old timers any more. I don't know how.

I still have $46 worth of credits and clubs to sell; if they they don't vastly improve this arcade game,  I won't spend any more money here. This new game is comparable to "golf clash" or golf championsip", something you might play when on an airplane on your phone.

I can't believe they spent all that time making apparel packs that make the ball do different things and can't make a game , even near as realistic as the old flash version.

So, since they don't seem to care about our suggestions,  I can only hope they care about losing money. 

RIP Classic WGT, you are missed.

• BMX123
    627 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 9:21 PM

The play is different but the putting and shots are better then it seems - it will grow on you

The actual shots could be better then old format but the visual is not the same.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 12:13 AM

Firstmrmax:

This new version is such and insult to the old flash game.  There are so many thing that just need to change, I just can't type them again over and over. 

Their designers spent so much time engineering all these different shoes, shirts gloves and pants,  they made a surprise box for us thats' useless, right or left handed avatars , all this arcade stuff.  You can't get a match play , an alternate shot with a friend,  a skins or stroke play game . You certainly can get their  coin games , all against  relatively new players, playing with the free balls and clubs , and  that's it for multi player games.

The worst part, is they are too arrogant to even admit there is a problem or they don't care, they are done and proud of themselves, I guess.

I guess they are smart and they may be making a lot of money off the new guys playing with free equipment and don't need  most of the old timers any more. I don't know how.

I still have $46 worth of credits and clubs to sell; if they they don't vastly improve this arcade game,  I won't spend any more money here. This new game is comparable to "golf clash" or golf championsip", something you might play when on an airplane on your phone.

I can't believe they spent all that time making apparel packs that make the ball do different things and can't make a game , even near as realistic as the old flash version.

So, since they don't seem to care about our suggestions,  I can only hope they care about losing money. 

RIP Classic WGT, you are missed.

I hate to burst your bubble, don't mean to be insulting, however - The game engine and underlying software is the exact same. There is no new game code. They didn't develop a new game.

Every glitch in the Flash game is in this one. 

All the charts, (Jo's 50 punch chart for instance) are dead on and others as well. 

HW/TW math still dead on with Jo's numbers as well.

9-3 high winds do seem a bit different, I'm putting that down to the aiming mesh/grid or whatever you want to call it being altered somewhat with game window being slightly different or something. It seem easier not as punishing, but different. 

With the exception of aiming (dot speeds) on the greens, Jason's putting sheet for instance again is dead on from, Champ - Fast. Some of the weird speeds are off a bit depending on ball used, but who cares about those. That's the one I test with, I'm sure others are still accurate as well.

The 20 flop shot from the bunker is the same.

103 punch the same, 134 punch as well. 

Just goes on and on man. If the game seems dramatically different, you're getting fooled by the visual changes from resolution, screen size, the image processing that is a byproduct of Unity etc. 

The meter can be different for some, I just use it the way it is, some I guess like 1024 sizing. Closer to the speed of the Flash game or something. 

Just play your game use the same math, you'll score damn near the same or better once you settle on a putting grid you like and get used to your meter size.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 2:26 AM

Firstmrmax:
    I can't believe they spent all that time making apparel packs that make the ball do different things

Just because they make apparel packs you don't have to use them. I don't use any of the boosting apparel. I have beaten people who do use them. The boosting apparel does not make you a better player. You still have to hit the ball straight and know how to putt.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 3:14 AM

callaghan159:

Firstmrmax:
    I can't believe they spent all that time making apparel packs that make the ball do different things

Just because they make apparel packs you don't have to use them. I don't use any of the boosting apparel. I have beaten people who do use them. The boosting apparel does not make you a better player. You still have to hit the ball straight and know how to putt.

Other than hitting the ball straight and knowing how to putt....my game was solid..:))

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 3:19 AM

callaghan159:

Very well said. Me either, I apply apparels for appearance only.

Not long ago, many had a hasty and wrong belief or were spreading malicious rumours that mobile (which is the matrix of PCEA) players had unfair advantages over flash people due to the apparel abilities, not to mention all other craps they claimed or invented in their head.

As long as the apparel abilities remain prohibited for ranked rounds as they are now, I don't care whether my opponent uses them or not in coin rooms, clash rounds, etc.

• EricW55
    36 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 3:35 AM

I've been playing for 8 weeks.  I've built up quite an impressive wardrobe.  But to the OP I'll happily give you my gear and play naked if I can have your clubs. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 6:16 AM

Firstmrmax:

Next thing you know, they'll do the same thing with clubs and balls.

You'll end up with drivers and irons that hit the ball different distances, with varying amounts of spin and and meter speed.

And trust me, the same thing will happen with the balls. Some balls will have longer distances as well as much slower meter speeds, allowing players to hit much better shots.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 6:18 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Not long ago, many had a hasty and wrong belief or were spreading malicious rumours that mobile (which is the matrix of PCEA) players had unfair advantages over flash people due to the apparel abilities, not to mention all other craps they claimed or invented in their head.

It's amazing, isn't it? All those posts we used to see about mobile being easier to play and mobile players having advantages have seemed to disappear. 😉

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 6:24 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    As long as the apparel abilities remain prohibited for ranked rounds as they are now, I don't care whether my opponent uses them or not in coin rooms, clash rounds, etc.

Apparel is actually ON during “solo” Ranked Rounds. But if anything I look at that as a disadvantage as those players who play their solo RR’s with apparel enhancements ON are not preparing themselves for RR’s (CC or WGT Tournaments/Events) where the apparel is banned.

RSS