Forums

Help › Forums

The CEverett "2021" Alt-Shot World Challenge

Mon, Dec 27 2021 8:46 AM (379 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 3:19 AM

Our game against Gregcuk and Sonnymaxbo will be on tomorrow Sunday 21/3 at 20.00 UK. I will be streamin here if anyone is interested:

yiannis1970bandit - Twitch

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 5:02 AM

Myself & Wayne (BigWC) will be taking on TSOULARA (George) & giannis81s from SEL CC (Our Hosts/organisers of this event) in the 1/4 Finals at Wolf Creek @ 1.30pm EDST (5.30pm GMT) just under 5 hours from now

George will be doing the honours re Streaming

George's Twitch channel tsoulara007

• JDGHOST
    6,774 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 6:08 AM

I will be there Ken...GL Guys!! 

JD

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 7:27 AM

Young46/Shefuf VS. Bluto346/el3n1 today (March 21st) at Noon EST (4pm GMT). 

I will be streaming the round on twitch

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 8:10 AM

JDGHOST:

JD

Cheers JD,

Ye'd a hard fought match against George & Giannis, spill the beans, what's their weakness if any!! ?

Ken

• JDGHOST
    6,774 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 8:17 AM

Kenher01:

JDGHOST:

JD

Cheers JD,

Ye'd a hard fought match against George & Giannis, spill the beans, what's their weakness if any!! ?

Ken

Their weakness hmmmm....Well I hear Irish Lads get under their skin 🤣😆😂😂

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 9:04 AM

JDGHOST:

Kenher01:

JDGHOST:

JD

Cheers JD,

Ken

Their weakness hmmmm....Well I hear Irish Lads get under their skin 🤣😆😂😂

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 9:30 AM

Myself & Wayne (BigWC) will be taking on TSOULARA (George) & giannis81s from SEL CC (Our Hosts/organisers of this event) in the 1/4 Finals at Wolf Creek @ 1.30pm EDST (5.30pm GMT) about 1 hour +/- from now

George will be doing the honours re Streaming

George's Twitch channel tsoulara007

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 12:04 PM

Super win by TSOULARA (George) & giannis81s on the 1st Extra hole, great Eagle putt by George but in all honestly they deserved to win it in regulation as they barely put a foot wrong & putted like demons throughout.

Well deserved victory guys & best of luck in the Semi's

Ken

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 12:06 PM

As underdogs today, it was expected to be our last match, but I want to share and remember why we played.  No shame or disappointment in losing to 2 elite level players that missed 1 putt and played flawless otherwise. 

I wished my 3i would have stayed up on H3 and the driver on H7, but those may have only delayed the outcome another hole or two.

I played to honor Casey, along with all those others that we have lost this past year. 

Another that comes to mind, Lizard69, whom appeared to be one of the first players to offer tips and tutorials in the early days and whose videos were still online when I started playing.  His presence has been replaced by others today as the game too has changed.  I particularly liked his tips on the "draw" / "fade" which has also been debated in the forum.

And the forum reminds me of another we won't forget, YJ - whom was a prolific participant in the forum, and well known by many that dragged themselves into the forum for tips.

These are just the recent losses that come to mind but such losses were taken hard especially on the club members they were so closely associated with, including those participating in this event.

Less recent but still remembered in TPC was Paul's brother - Andy - whom a starter ball tourney is held each year.

More importantly the memory of the generosity offered with the gift of golf.  I think those are some of the things I value most... there has still been a community trying to help one another - heaven forbid we ever forget that.  

After all, it is the loyal active community members that has sustained WGT all this time.

A special thanks to my partner for this event - Bluto346 - a hidden gem I dug out of the coin rooms and have enjoyed getting to know over time!  He is a competitor and fighter and I know he can be hard on himself for 1 or 2 mistakes - but his partner didn't make it easy on him either.  I didn't count how many putts were conceded after his stellar approaches!  I would partner with him anytime, again thanks for the journey! 

Sorry we couldn’t make it a better match but that’s WGT… some days you get the breaks and some days you make mistakes and nothing can fix those – not even helping VEM.  LOL. 

Today, we just got outplayed by a couple elite level players!  Well done and well played. 

RSS