Forums

Help › Forums

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed, Jan 20 2021 5:05 AM (56 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2021 10:59 AM

TomCarioca:

I made my peace with launcher but am expecting further attention to make playing WGT Golf real fun again!

Amen Tom...great post, but you know how many times all these (correct) things (and so many others) you mentioned have been posted in the last 6 months???? The problem is...who reads them? and who understands their importance for the game....

• Cromignonne
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2021 12:02 PM

Hi there.

Many many bugs in this new version.

But I think the main one is the jumping meter. Happens just sometimes. But ruins a game.

Got a new Macbook pro, 8G RAM, Big sur OS.

• TomCarioca
    287 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2021 5:00 PM

Thx Yiannis, so what else can we do but repeating the pain points?

Staying muted might not help a lot...

Cro, jumping meter happens here every now and then, too. Even turning off Antivirus and closing all other programs doesnt help. Strange thing is that it occurs just occassionally, the remaining time meter is running perfectly smooth...

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2021 10:09 PM

TomCarioca:

2) Scoring

oh yesss - I do find playing at launcher EASIER than on Flash (thumbs up!)  but...

the amount of lipouts is just ridiculous! Please correct me if I am wrong but compared to the flash gameplay putting seems to be far less forgiving. This is a true show stopper/ fun killer and very often leaves me with frustration rather than enjoyment. Taking a break often is the only option to digest the anger...

Wouldnt it lead to a win-win if the algorithm was loosened up a bit and leave the player with a positive experience rather than an exaggerated negative impulse?

?????

You're contradicting yourself. Yes, you need to be much much more precise when putting on PCEA. Those lipouts on PCEA would've dropped in the hole on flash. Why loose up the algorithm if you find the new one easier to play (score)?! I'm confused.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 2:49 AM

I will give my opinion about lipouts on the launcher. There are 2 things that they have been changed from the flash: a) the right speed to reach the hole (launcher plays definitely slower) b) the way the ball is rolling (i cannot explain it quite well but the rolling of the ball has a strange feeling, is not smooth as was on the flash). Now...in order to compensate the difference in speed, you have to adopt a more aggressive way of putting (more speedy). That means that lipouts are standing and waiting you in the corner if your ball is not center cup.

Another key point for me in putting (still working on it...i am a newby in launcher) is that every course plays differently in greens. Yes, this is not a new thing. The same was happening during flash too but on the launcher this feature is magnified. I am quite sure that when we master the putting on launcher, we won't come up with only a single formula that works with rain or shine but with many of them according the course or the green to handle. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 3:23 AM

Being an off dinger it took me a few days to adapt to the putting on the launcher, but not too bad. I played on flash until the last day (except a few showdowns), but the transition was much less painful than I feared it would be. The winner for me was the ability to get rid of the marker. Other than that, the dot speed needed some adjusting to, cause the classic mode is NOT the same speed as flash. They move a little faster, but given the fact you need to miss the ding by a hair more than with flash, it almost evens out. As for the lipouts, I agree one sees them a bit more often, but they're much prettier ;-) 

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 3:30 AM

The putts even small one's swing so much more .

On side elevations you have to leave the room first before it centre's itself .

Golf Miss GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 3:32 AM

AnaNikolaj:

Other than that, the dot speed needed some adjusting to, cause the classic mode is NOT the same speed as flash.

When they introduced classic mode, the speed was exactly the same as flash 2-3 years ago. Now, it's not....they have slowed down the dots so much again.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 4:13 AM

Yiannis1970:

AnaNikolaj:

Other than that, the dot speed needed some adjusting to, cause the classic mode is NOT the same speed as flash.

When they introduced classic mode, the speed was exactly the same as flash 2-3 years ago. Now, it's not....they have slowed down the dots so much again.

You mean to say they slowed the dots on flash? Cause they're moving faster on the launcher (classic mode) than they did on flash, at least on my laptop. But, I realise the dot speed changes in accordance with the resolution and the computer's processor. The stronger the computer, the faster they're moving. Same goes for the resolution, the bigger it is, the faster the dots move.

3 things I find better on the launcher in regards to putting:

1. The elevation is displayed in inches, no matter now many. With flash, whenever it was above 2 feet, inches disappearde. So if it said 3 feet uphill, but it could've been anywhere from 2,5 to 3,4 feet. Now that problem no longer exists.

2. Unlike in flash (and a number of people have complained about that over the years), where the dots stopped moving the moment you started dragging the meter, they don't in the NV.

3. Truer dots. There were a number of putts in flash, where I simply couldn't understand why the ball moved the way it did. So I needed to remember, where I shouldn't trust my eyes and what was needed to sink the putt. Looking at the dots in the NV, most of those became quite clear ;-) 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 4:53 AM

AnaNikolaj:

Yiannis1970:

AnaNikolaj:

You mean to say they slowed the dots on flash? Cause they're moving faster on the launcher (classic mode) than they did on flash, at least on my laptop. But, I realise the dot speed changes in accordance with the resolution and the computer's processor. The stronger the computer, the faster they're moving. Same goes for the resolution, the bigger it is, the faster the dots move.

Don't judge the dot speed on the flash for the last year where deliberately they have slowed down the dots at a ridiculous level to match up the standard mode on the launcher. 2-3 years back, the real dot speed was exactly the same with what they introduced in classic mode couple of months back. Now, the have changed them again into being more more slow.

Yes, generally what you are posting is true about CPU, GPU, RAM, temperatures. But even so there has to be a daily consistency on the dots. You can't be playing for years at the same machine and one day the dots having x velocity and the other day -x velocity.

No, the resolution has nothing to do with dot speed. The resolution regards only the detail of the pic. The meter is a CGI effect, not a pic. The dot speed on a decent computer with low cpu-gpu-ram-temperature numbers should be exactly the same with a computer that costs 10.000 euros.

RSS