This is from a long time player ... 9+ years with many friends who are also long time players and we are all scratching our heads about why the Early Access / NewVersion /Launcher does not play as well as the Flash version did. These are my priorities:
1) Indicate when players are available, offline, or busy - as the Flash version did.. The current option of turning yourself offline is OK if peope bother/get it - but many don't. Maybe there is an advantage of some sort to WGT with that ... IDK. But still when you are trying to set up a game you need to know who is actually availble to play ... at the moment everyone is available "green".
2) Give us back a box that shows what our friends availability is. Having to set up a game to see this & then invite people who are eternally green is just proving a waste of time. I read the Forum today & there are many long time players saying that they can't get a game. These long time players are the people who have spent money on this game over the years on balls, clubs, avatars (by the way what has happened to mine? Are you refunding me for them?)
3) The "chat" is v v clumsy ... & many times just stops working. Then may kick in again or may not .. having to 'X' in out some players find very distracting instead of just having it there on the screen.
4) Changing the settings doesn't seem to work: e.g. I have changed the minimap to RHS screen in Settings ... but always it is LHS. I have friends whose clubs have disappeared & they can't get them back, who have no option to set up a game on the B9 of a course.
5) The game itself is pretty awful & not a patch on the Flash game IMHO ... I have lost more balls in a week than ever before ... but I guess that's just a learning curve :)
6) The inane commentary .. can we have an option to turn it off please? I know when my opponent is on the tee or hitting a shot ... I don't want to be told I am 2 holes down or whatever - I actually already know that (I think I passed "idiot" grade) ... I don't want to be told a "beautiful shot" when it's actually not by many who have been playing on here!
7) Please return the information about how far your approach shot is ...this has disappeared and the consequence is that it takes longer to work out what your next shot should be, resulting in slower games. This would be better than the "inane" commentary (see above).
Think that's enuf for 2nite's vent! One crying long timer @ how awful this is... But with hope that you will FIX IT!
The answers to many of these questions should be available to you in your CC Forum or ask in your CC Skype Group but anyways ...
1) Yep i guess until they add to the Online/Offline we'll have to prearrange Multiplayer Games through Skype, Discord etc etc
2) as above
3) The Chat as pointed out in other Threads ain't gonna be the same as Flash (Flash is dead) for one big reason, NV (PCEA/Mac) & Mobile (on actual Mobile devices) are the "same" (Full Crossplatform Compatibility down the road re Multiplayer on Mobile/between the 2 Platforms) so the old Flash Chat Box as pointed out in other Threads will just not work on Mobile as it would be too small on smaller Mobile Devices
4) As pointed out earlier/above, It works, Set Swing Control to Left Side & Mini Map will be on RHS but you must hit Save & Close
Re B9 many many Threads as to what you/they are doing wrong (In order Change Mode to Scored or Challenge (1st) & then select F or B 9, course, Timer etc, etc)
5) Just your opinion but for those of us who made the jump months ago we think NV is superior to Flash
6) Yes it is BIG, i guess a byproduct of having to be big for the smaller Mobile Devices, annoying when a put drops but you don't get to see it drop because the hole is covered by a big fat letter, would be nice to know for the next time in that position if the previous putt went in high side, middle or low side
Re "Watching Opponent" you'd be surprised how many games go on with people with same clothing & 30 sec's go by before they realise it's their shot so "Watching Opponent" helps on that score
7) Not sure what you mean as all the info is there as before
Have you checked your Settings/have you turned on Toptracer! ?