Forums

Help › Forums

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed, Jan 20 2021 5:05 AM (56 replies)
  • kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:14 AM

Hi WGT

This is from a long time player ... 9+ years with many friends who are also long time players and we are all scratching our heads about why the Early Access / NewVersion /Launcher does not play as well as the Flash version did.   These are my priorities:

1)   Indicate when players are available, offline, or busy - as the Flash version did..   The current option of turning yourself offline is OK if peope bother/get it - but many don't.   Maybe there is an advantage of some sort to WGT with that ... IDK.   But still when you are trying to set up a game you need to know who is actually availble to play ... at the moment everyone is available "green".   

2) Give us back a box that shows what our friends availability is.   Having to set up a game to see this & then invite people who are eternally green is just proving a waste of time.   I read the Forum today & there are many long time players saying that they can't get a game.   These long time players are the people who have spent money on this game over the years on balls, clubs, avatars (by the way what has happened to mine?  Are you refunding me for them?)

3)   The "chat" is v v clumsy ... & many times just stops working.   Then may kick in again or may not .. having to 'X' in out some players find very distracting instead of just having it there on the screen.

4)  Changing the settings doesn't seem to work:   e.g.   I have changed the minimap to RHS screen in Settings ... but always it is LHS.  I have friends whose clubs have disappeared & they can't get them back, who have no option to set up a game on the B9 of a course.

5)   The game itself is pretty awful & not a patch on the Flash game IMHO ... I have lost more balls in a week than ever before ... but I guess that's just a learning curve :) 

6)   The inane commentary .. can we have an option to turn it off please?   I know when my opponent is on the tee or hitting a shot ... I don't want to be told I am 2 holes down or whatever - I actually already know that (I think I passed "idiot" grade) ... I don't want to be told a "beautiful shot" when it's actually not by many who have been playing on here!   

7)   Please return the information about how far your approach shot is ...this has disappeared and the consequence is that it takes longer to work out what your next shot should be, resulting in slower games.   This would be better than the "inane" commentary (see above).

Think that's enuf for 2nite's vent!   One crying long timer @ how awful this is... But with hope that you will FIX IT!

Cheers Kay 

• tramilleo
    1,868 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:27 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^+100

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 5:45 AM

Great post Kay -

Like to add this...

a) The heartbeat sound should only occur when the ball is actually going into the hole for the shot.

b) at least for the Champion+ tiers, take off the "Beautiful Shot" message unless the ball ends up within 3 feet of the hole.

c) give us the option to turn on/off Chat while playing a match.  that popup chat message is going to cause some poor soul to go into an epileptic seizure.

***  Kay's 1), 2), & 7) above are some key comments WGT.  

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 7:02 AM

Also 9 year veteran here and have been using the NV for 5 months and the game play is the same as flash.There is a friends list so you must have overlooked it.

Chat leaves a little to be desired but works just fine.

Didn't know you could move the overhead map 

Game plays the same as flash

I rarely get any commentary

The distance to pin is always shown.

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 7:22 AM

xxxhogheadxxx:
    ) give us the option to turn on/off Chat while playing a match. 

In the Settings, you can turn chat box off 

• craigswan
    30,950 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 7:34 AM

How can you get the increments on again for woods and irons please .

I am just using my experience and guesswork .

• dannyhill69
    9 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 7:35 AM

X2 great Post Kay...

1) Friends is a disaster. Tough to set up a game.  The app does not toggle availability status to indicate that you are in a game, or free to play.

2) All the new text on the screen especially when in a multi-player game is unnecessary. I can tell when I 'm watching my opponent or teammate.  I do not need to know that it was a beautiful shot.  The text hinders the ability to watch the shot, as well as causes the TopTracer to disappear.  I get no feedback on my shot.

So much more but I'm sure it's been covered.

Again, thanks for the post Kay!

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 7:47 AM

kdownunder:
    6)   The inane commentary .. can we have an option to turn it off please?   I know when my opponent is on the tee or hitting a shot ... I don't want to be told I am 2 holes down or whatever - I actually already know that (I think I passed "idiot" grade) ... I don't want to be told a "beautiful shot" when it's actually not by many who have been playing on here!   

Unless I'm missing something here, which is possible, you do have the option to turn it off. Go Settings->Audio

It's the third option. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 8:25 AM

kdownunder:

Hi WGT

This is from a long time player ... 9+ years with many friends who are also long time players and we are all scratching our heads about why the Early Access / NewVersion /Launcher does not play as well as the Flash version did.   These are my priorities:

1)   Indicate when players are available, offline, or busy - as the Flash version did..   The current option of turning yourself offline is OK if peope bother/get it - but many don't.   Maybe there is an advantage of some sort to WGT with that ... IDK.   But still when you are trying to set up a game you need to know who is actually availble to play ... at the moment everyone is available "green".   

2) Give us back a box that shows what our friends availability is.   Having to set up a game to see this & then invite people who are eternally green is just proving a waste of time.   I read the Forum today & there are many long time players saying that they can't get a game.   These long time players are the people who have spent money on this game over the years on balls, clubs, avatars (by the way what has happened to mine?  Are you refunding me for them?)

3)   The "chat" is v v clumsy ... & many times just stops working.   Then may kick in again or may not .. having to 'X' in out some players find very distracting instead of just having it there on the screen.

4)  Changing the settings doesn't seem to work:   e.g.   I have changed the minimap to RHS screen in Settings ... but always it is LHS.  I have friends whose clubs have disappeared & they can't get them back, who have no option to set up a game on the B9 of a course.

5)   The game itself is pretty awful & not a patch on the Flash game IMHO ... I have lost more balls in a week than ever before ... but I guess that's just a learning curve :) 

7)   Please return the information about how far your approach shot is ...this has disappeared and the consequence is that it takes longer to work out what your next shot should be, resulting in slower games.   This would be better than the "inane" commentary (see above).

Think that's enuf for 2nite's vent!   One crying long timer @ how awful this is... But with hope that you will FIX IT!

Cheers Kay 

Regarding number 4 (Settings). If you want the mini map on the right side, you need to change your "Swing meter" settings to either "None" or "Left". But if you sign out instead of just exit the launcher, you'll need to do it again once you come back. 

• palopalante
    249 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 8:34 AM

I totally agree with Kay and the rest of the players in all their requests and would add something else.

1- Why don't all players appear in the statistics after a game? the worst result almost always comes out, it's frustrating not being able to see your numbers.

2- to be able to change cameras while you wait for the blow of your playmate, I don't understand why it is not like that.

3- know how the speed of the green is before taking your approach shot, in the halls and at the showdown the first shot to the green is a nuisance.

4- In order to organize an 18-hole game or the back of a course I must change my language to English, in Spanish it is not possible, but besides I must change the language every time I open the game, frustrating too.

5- Lastly for now, in reference to the apparel, how do I quantify the spin increase of my wood if my level 7 clayton mills vest tells me +54 ??? Should I check it out for myself?

greetings Paco

RSS