Forums

Help › Forums

Blind Tee shots

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 4 2021 12:57 AM (3 replies)
  • brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 9:17 PM

There a number of tee shots on various courses where the ability to see the trees and overhanging branches is crucial for the purposes of avoiding them.

Examples of this are the 5th at Olympic or the 14th at Pebble but there are plenty of others.

The reason I bring this up is that I cannot see the trees or overhanging branches on any hole where trees play a part from the tee. The camera angle is too low. The second I hit the ball and the camera follows the path....bingo.....there's the view I needed before I hit!

I suspect that the camera angle is slightly wrong from all tees (for me). No problem at all if there are no trees to avoid.

I tried uninstall/reinstall and also played around with resolution....no luck.

I can't be the only one....can I ??

Any ideas?

Cheers

Brian

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 9:56 PM

brianmartin56:
    I tried uninstall/reinstall and also played around with resolution....no luck.

What resolutions did you try?  On Olympic #5, for example, you're right... I can't see the branch that overhangs the fairway if my resolution is 1920x1080 fullscreen.  But if my resolution is 1024x768 fullscreen, I can see it just fine.

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 10:55 PM

SamSpayed:
    if my resolution is 1024x768 fullscreen, I can see it just fine.

Thank you Sam, I should have been more persistent. I had tried 3 different resolutions  and given up because they all seemed the same.

1024x768 with Window display mode worked for me.

Screen is much smaller but the dots on the green move more smoothly.

Much appreciated Sam

Brian

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 12:57 AM

Ken has posted on a number of occasions that you can pan around the game window by using the arrow keys and also zoom in and out with the '+' and '-' keys. (Number pad).

This is also something that I think WGT needs to look at, nobody wants to press a key a bazillion times to pan or zoom, (hope it's not something peculiar to my machine), just one key press and hold would be nice thanks.

Cheers Ken.  ; )

RSS