Forums

Help › Forums

Multi-player is now dead. RIP

Sun, Oct 17 2021 10:46 AM (27 replies)
  • Strayborne
    21 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 10:31 AM

Now that the flash player-based game has been taken down, multiplayer is completely dead. I have not been able to get one single stroke-play multiplayer game going. On the 1st I sat trying for over 30 minutes. Today I tried again and still nothing. The player-base has been completely decimated. I'm sure if I wait long enough and try often enough I'd eventually get a game going. But I don't have all day to spend trying to match up with some other players to get a stroke-play round going.

Welcome to WGT, the new (but old) single player golf game on PC.

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 4:27 PM

Move to an active club,friend the members and you'll have no trouble finding playing partners. 

DJ7 

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 4:42 PM

DufferJohn7:

Move to an active club,friend the members and you'll have no trouble finding playing partners. 

DJ7 

I'd say unacceptable for an answer Sir.

Doesn't address the issue here.

And WGT isn't speaking. 

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 5:06 PM

I find it easier to get a game if the Apparel feature is turned ON, but I leave them right away because of the extra yardages added to the equipment. Same as playing Coin games and the like.

Otherwise, I get NO game if the Apparel feature is turned OFF in Stroke, AltShot, Match. Nothing.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 10:20 PM

wedge0837:

DufferJohn7:

DJ7 

I'd say unacceptable for an answer Sir.

Doesn't address the issue here.

And WGT isn't speaking. 

I think DJ7's answer was sincerely offered.  It's a great method for finding games until WGT gets its act together and figures out why people can't find games with random players.  And you make new friends to boot.

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 1:30 PM

Most of the tine, I can't create Alt games but I can find them and join a game (sometimes as the fist player).

When I try to create a game, I see the players' names who are trying to join but it's like they aren't pressing the 'ready' key because I don't see them fully so a game can start.

There have been 2 times out of maybe 20 when I have been able to see them and create a game. No idea what the issue is.  

• Strayborne
    21 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 2:20 PM

AugustWest82772:

Most of the tine, I can't create Alt games but I can find them and join a game (sometimes as the fist player).

When I try to create a game, I see the players' names who are trying to join but it's like they aren't pressing the 'ready' key because I don't see them fully so a game can start.

There have been 2 times out of maybe 20 when I have been able to see them and create a game. No idea what the issue is.  

Yes that is the exact same thing happening to me. A person will join, but they never ready and never fully load. Never see their avatar pic, etc. Eventually after like 30 seconds they disappear. I've not once had a person able to join a lobby and load fully in since the 1st. It's completely broken.

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 3:51 PM

Just go in the coin games, youll have some with in 5 seconds with free balls and clubs.

I still have same problem getting AS, Match play stroke or and non clown game.

I have close to a million arcade golf coins, , what the heck are they good for?  

This game needs so much work . Theyve know this for what, 4 months now, and it looks like they are satified with it and are done.

Coin games are so ez to get into, but I feel like Im  cherry picking, they almost 95+% of them are using free golf balls and clubs.  How do they make money off these kids?

The billboard blocking the putt, so cumbersome changing clubs and shot types, can't tell if youre green or red,  but we get packages and sponsors and shoes and hats  that make the ball go 10MPH faster .

Top Golf is more of a  social gathering than golf and they made WGT an anti social video arcade game play by yourself.   

The coin game are good practice to be all clumsy picking your club , picking type of shot, figure your distance all in 45 seconds, lol  sometime Im glad they have the green power bar for putting.

• Johnnyd54
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 4:08 PM

Yup this new game is brutal. Make WGT great again

• goldputter3
    89 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 4:29 PM

And.... no more saving a game or ending game... We have to click X to quit and then Forfeit when we come back on... come on wgt... the bucks will stop  !!!

RSS