Help › Forums

Putter Pal Issue

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 22 2021 10:43 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • freddydivit
    389 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 10:21 AM

I'm pretty new to WGT so I'm still learning a lot about it.  Just a few days ago, I decided to use credits to buy 500 Putter Pal strokes and used it about 20 times before wondering if I could turn Putter Pal off and only back on for the putts I needed its help on.  I went to settings and turned the Putter Pal setting from on to off.  When I went back to settings to turn it back on, I figured I'd be able to get my 480 unused Putter Pal strokes back.  But, I can't make the Putter Pal setting stay on and no Putter Pal strokes are shown as available when I play.

Is there some way I can get my unused Putter Pal strokes back?  And, shouldn't we be able to turn Putter Pal on and off as we want?  Why should I use a Putter Pal stroke I paid for on a 6 inch gimme?

Thanks for any help you can provide.  I'm enjoying WGT (now that I've figured out putting!!) and look forward to seeing you out on courses somewhere!

Steve (aka, freddydivit)

• wags700
    1,751 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 12:16 PM

I am currently having the same issue. I turned my putter pal off and now it will not come back on. I have emailed customer service about and I suggest you do the same. I have tried several different things including uninstalling and re-installing the app and even though putter pal shows as on it is not. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

Wags

• JeMcKsk
    49 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 8:46 AM

My problem is just the opposite. I cant get it to turn off-period. In the old game I used it quite often on longer putts. However I was able to toggle it on and off as needed. Have turned it off several times in settings but it stays on. Sent WGT a message and they replied that they were looking at it but so far nothing happened.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:01 AM

I have heard rumor that if you turn it off and save your settings, then go back into settings and turn it on and save settings again, that it will work. I have not had this issue, so I have not tested this method. ...but don't just turn it off and on... turn it off and save settings. then go back and turn it on. Let us know if this works.

Brett

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:09 AM

freddydivit:

I decided to use credits to buy 500 Putter Pal strokes 

Thanks for any help you can provide.  I'm enjoying WGT (now that I've figured out putting!!) and look forward to seeing you out on courses somewhere!

Steve (aka, freddydivit)

One more thing... You are more than welcome to come to my club just for the free shot pal and putter pal. We have plenty of room and there are no expectations.

Simpatico Springs

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:53 AM

JeMcKsk:

My problem is just the opposite. I cant get it to turn off-period. In the old game I used it quite often on longer putts. However I was able to toggle it on and off as needed. Have turned it off several times in settings but it stays on. Sent WGT a message and they replied that they were looking at it but so far nothing happened.

Try just the opposite of my earlier suggestion. Try turning it to the on position and saving that setting. Leave settings. Then go back into settings and try turning it off. I don't know if that will work, but it's worth a try.

• Spiders1
    358 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 4:27 PM

That didn't work for me.

I have same problem as many here. Turned it off and back on. Says its on but not when I go to game. Wrote help line but who knows when that will get looked at.

Took game out twice and didn't help. I took it out 3rd time and it is staying out till they fix it. If they don't fix it can stay out. 

If they want to work on some stuff they let us turn off flag motion, stop showing watching opponent, put mini map on Pebble hole1 and 8. I could go on buttttttttt.

• freddydivit
    389 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2021 8:12 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, Brett.  I've tried your approach a bunch of times and nothing I do will make it stay on in my settings.  I save and close it in the "off" position, then come back to settings and turn it on, then save and close.  When I come back to settings, it's set in the off position again.  Just weird.

Thanks, so much, for the kind country club invitation.  I like the "no expectations" part; I'm still pretty new at the game and my scores are getting better but still pretty erratic!  I don't want to tick off fellow club members!  If the offer stands, I may be joining you soon.  Thanks!

Steve

• wags700
    1,751 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2021 10:41 AM

freddydivit:

Thanks for the suggestion, Brett.  I've tried your approach a bunch of times and nothing I do will make it stay on in my settings.  I save and close it in the "off" position, then come back to settings and turn it on, then save and close.  When I come back to settings, it's set in the off position again.  Just weird.

Thanks, so much, for the kind country club invitation.  I like the "no expectations" part; I'm still pretty new at the game and my scores are getting better but still pretty erratic!  I don't want to tick off fellow club members!  If the offer stands, I may be joining you soon.  Thanks!

Steve

I have found if you do shot pal and putter pal at the same time they seem to come back on together.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2021 11:04 AM

freddydivit:

Steve

There's nothing you could do to tick anyone off. We are very small and only have one rule, "no crybabies". 😂 We have some fun, but it's mostly just a place to chill. There's not a ton going on. I'll send you an invite to make it easier to find. I'll also help you find a club that better fits what you want if you decide to try something different. I actually helped one of our members find a new club with more club tournaments just this week. We have an open door policy allowing players to come and go as they please.

Cheers

• PAGES
RSS