Help › Forums

|| Apparel Megathread ||

Fri, Sep 10 2021 4:32 PM (78 replies)
  • bossbird
    1,324 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2021 8:52 AM

pdb1:

Shadowridge85:
     Now on coins though, why do you say they are useless? They are the only way I got my apparel upgrades. Is there another way? And coins will drop in sponsor packs if you are maxed at level 10? 2500Coins? Anyway Thank You for all the info! So Long for now :)

Shadowridge85:

Forgot SweetSpot........Isn't this just widening the room we have left and right of our perfect shot line? It seems that is the case for non putts at least. 

I would like to offer my opinion here .   About the value of coins and apparel enhancements .

I have been playing the mobile version for nearly a decade . But I didn't know about or start the coin games until inside of probably 3 years ago . I have played enough coin rounds to have MAXED out about half of them .( the apparels ) .

I use the apparel ON . In coin games only . I have switched around the enhancements . Trying to see or feel the benefits . Quite a few rounds . At least several hundred .

I also play SINGLE PLAYER UNLIMITED PLAY stroke play , MP stroke play and alt shot . Without apparel enhancements .

You are reporting noticing favorable results with some and not so favorable with others .

Personally . I have not felt or seen any benefit to any of it .

Personally . I am more comfortable with and accurate with the true stats of my equipment .

I believe that you are aware of a difference for the better . I am just not . In fact club distance enhancements are not as accurate as the true distance of the club .Distance is the only enhancement that I have been able to verify .

This is why I believe the answer to your SWEETSPOT question is NO .

I don't think there is anyway possible ( especially with the %'s that they claim . )

That those precise calculations . Regulated completely by the VEM . Can be altered or adjusted at all . Much less by the amount that is claimed .

Just no friggin way .

NEW PICS UPLOAD Skulla13

Edit : Am I saying that I believe E 1 is being buffaloed ? Yes I am .

If those adjustments were even attempted . Just by the numbers of players . WGT would crash in 2 seconds . Just my opinion only .

Paul if you have been playing mobile for a decade , why didn’t you play me , when I and some of my friends joined the club you owned , a few years ago. I have never heard you say that you have played mobile . The reason we didn’t stay , was because there were not enough mobile players . Lesley

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2021 11:54 AM

bossbird:
    Paul if you have been playing mobile for a decade , why didn’t you play me , when I and some of my friends joined the club you owned , a few years ago. I have never heard you say that you have played mobile . The reason we didn’t stay , was because there were not enough mobile players . Lesley

Oh I played it . not very often . Not very well . Embarrassingly poor at best . I couldn't bring myself to play any multiplayer until a few years ago . When I tried coin games .

Which even there I prayed I wouldn't play anyone I knew . Although now I play all my coin games on my PC . I have yet to play someone I know .

On the other hand I try and play a couple games of MP everyday . Besides coins .Either alt shot or stroke . With not much success . But there I play with players I know all the time .

I think the alt shot is PC only . And Stroke Play I most recently had a round with Scott Hope .

But I admit my H2H on mobile is very anonymous . I still struggle with mobile play on my phone . I don't even try anymore .

PCEA is something that has been forced on me . It is much harder for me than Flash ever was . Even as hard as I struggled with Flash . 

When I was still an owner . I could see how much our members enjoyed the Mobile game . I went out of my way to welcome them . And accommodate the CC for all mobile formats .

I was the first CC owner to set up and successfully implement Mobile play into CC vs CC Tournaments . And those were incredibly fun .

In fact . Even though that was 4 , 5 , and 6 years ago . I doubt anyone has been able to create and match those very fun events .

Hope that clears up your doubt . I am not being deceptive .

NEW PICS UPLOAD Skull510

• Shadowridge85
    8 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2021 6:42 PM

I thought you were the one who posted the bewilderment on the SweetSpot.........hey I am not arguing, just responding to somebodies post on SS.....lol....and REALLY when I use my gear that changes the SweetSpots, I totally see the area on the meter around the Perfect Hit line change accordingly. That's what it is and it is no huge deal that will CRASH all WGT gamers. It just gives you more space to stop nearer to center. My 3wood is a perfect example. I have SS geared for my Driver and Irons and for me with the meter speeds we have, it helps a little bit! If you ever care to log on to my player you could change the gear and see the horizon of the SS get wider.....lol. It is true, and all it does is help you stay on target which help's any golfer. ...Cheers mate....Oh and hey what is the VEM you speak of?    

And you have to understand that those SS bonus numbers are not based on Percents out of 100....They are just numbers that WGT's codes use. My Iron and Driver sweets spots are not close to 40% wider, they are however wide enough to notice and to give you those nanosecond decisions for the meter STOP more (slightly) in tune with your desire. Once again it is not huge , but definite to these old Diabetic eyes. You should try it. My Driver with S/E distance, SS bonus, and meter speed bonus, is really helping my game. Golf on Brother! Till the next post....lol....cya soon...Can I add you? Your user name is Birdog?

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2021 7:50 AM

bossbird:

I am sorry that it turned out to be that way for you . I sort of recollect some of that period . As a fully involved Flash PC player and even heavier involved CC owner . I spread myself very thin in those days . Communicating with the PC players was a nightmare in itself .

I might not have been available to play you and your friends . But I did try very hard to communicate and accommodate you and your friends . I wish I could have had all the right things to offer . To have made you feel more like you could have stayed .

Here is one example of my CC vs CC / Mobile Play .

BAD MOON RISING IN THE VALLEY OF THE SUN

Even without the mobile . Those events were tough to do . Trying to keep it fun and complete the events was quite a feat . Players from both CC's were required to step up and take whatever initiative it took to play their 2 rounds .

Meeting their opponent

Friending their opponent

Discussing and scheduling their matches .

Then following through . While still in communication .

Reporting the results

Those were just the basics .

Getting them through 2 rounds and completed . Took more than one would expect .

In the end it was always worth it . And all was good .

I think we played 10 different CC's . In 14 CC vs CC Tournaments .

NEW PICS UPLOAD Skull311

• bossbird
    1,324 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2021 10:38 AM

Paul I am not sorry things turned out the way they have , I love being owner of my small club , but I just can’t recall you ever being a mobile player. 

You mentioning cc play and matches you played in , but I think cc clash tournaments were always available to both mobile and pc players.

Anyway life has moved on , and from my experience as a mobile only player all the apparel enhancements are worth having , as long as you have the coins to upgrade them . 

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2021 2:32 PM

bossbird:
    You mentioning cc play and matches you played in , but I think cc clash tournaments were always available to both mobile and pc players.

Throughout the years . I had observed other Community based Tournaments . Custom made and sponsored by various freelance WGTers .

The first of which was a series of Alt Shot Tournaments . Hosted by a very cool WGTer Sugahsweet ( Angie ) .

They were called " FLASH MOB " .

They were played at challonge.com  A website that hosts various bracket based sporting events .

These were open to all WGTers . Played on weekends . And were more fun than you can imagine .

One would go to the challonge.com link for each event and sign in . Once the bracket was filled . The Tournament would be the following week end .

https://challonge.com/5ksyooib

I played a slew of those . Until They ended .

After that I decided to try those challonge.com Tournaments for ourselves .

For over a year I hosted weekend bracket tournaments Match , Stroke Play , Alt Shot .

CHALLONGE EMBEDDED BRACKETS

STROKE & MATCHPLAY BRACKETS & RESULTS

details in portal's 4 & 5 of my website .

portal 4

portal 5

Over 25 Tournaments in all . Very tasking events . But some of the most fun I have ever had playing WGT golf .

After those petered out .

I had observed various big time CC's like Cosa Nostra . Had taken the initiative to create CC vs CC matches between various CC's .

This was separate from and long before WGT created what is known as CLASHES .( another word for CC vs CC , or CC vs CC Interplay . )

I will get back to those later .

I then tried my hand at these fun looking events . I then started inviting various CC's .

Our first was with The Peoples Club . While Courteney was still at the helm . She said she regretfully missed the event . But she offered her team for us to play .

We got our asses handed to us . But it was a lot of fun . Both teams agreed .

CURRENT STANDINGS
                                   P  W  D   L
      VOTSCC............12   2   0   10

TPC..................12  10   0   2              x

We then preceded to play 12 more of these very fun events . I created all the brackets . Then we would decide whether to play Match or Stroke .

Epic and classic . Again some of the most fun that we had ever had here in WGT .

VOTSCC VS THE PEOPLES CLUB 1st INTERPLAY

VOTSCC VS EVERY DAY PEOPLE . 2nd INTERPLAY CLASH

From here on . Matches were recorded in these forums in . Community-Organized Tournaments

*CLASH IN SESSION

*VOTSCC INTERPLAY TEAM IS READY FOR ANOTHER

*HEY BAD MOON RISING

*SCOUNDRELS & WENCHES IN THE VALLEY

*VOTSCC vs FANTASY BAY INTERPLAY # 5

*VOTSCC vs LAS VEGAS KNIGHTS INTERPLAY # 6

*LIVE AND LET GOLF IN THE VOTS

*VOTSCC vs BAD MOON RISING

*Scoundrels & Wenches CC vs Calm Waters CC

VALLEY OF THE SUN vs ARNIES ARMY

Jeff's New WGT CC vs CC Interplay format

*BAD MOON RISING IN THE VALLEY OF THE SUN

*BUSHWACKING IN THE VALLEY OF THE SUN

About the CLASHES .( another word for CC vs CC , or CC vs CC Interplay . )

Another event we enjoyed . Being the small 50 member CC that we were . Made it very tough to be competitive .

In the first 76 CLASHES .

We placed in the top 50  29 times .

In the top 30  12 times

In the top 20  8 times .

And again . Tremendous fun to be had by all .

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2021 2:42 PM

bossbird:
    Anyway life has moved on ,

That it has

bossbird:
    and from my experience as a mobile only player all the apparel enhancements are worth having , as long as you have the coins to upgrade them .

That is fine . I know this . As do obviously many many others that feel as you do .

Part of my problem is the unsuitable internet connections that I get in my area of the Sonoran Desert . This has been the case since the ability to acquire hard wire high speed ethernet was eliminated in my area . About 6 years now .The WiFi out here is Boondock level .

Such is life .

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2021 5:40 PM

I am either having a brain fart . Or there really is no way to turn off apparel . In coin games . Or in Solo Stroke Play .

I know how to turn it off when creating a game .

I know how to decline a Sponsor . Which doesn't turn off apparel .

Is there a way to play without apparel bonus ?

• bossbird
    1,324 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2021 11:35 PM

pdb1:

I am either having a brain fart . Or there really is no way to turn off apparel . In coin games . Or in Solo Stroke Play .

I know how to turn it off when creating a game .

I know how to decline a Sponsor . Which doesn't turn off apparel .

Is there a way to play without apparel bonus ?

As far as I know , only by wearing all items that have no apparel enhancements ,

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2021 3:48 AM

bossbird:
    As far as I know , only by wearing all items that have no apparel enhancements ,

Okay . That makes sense . Thanks .

Like this .

RSS