Forums

Help › Forums

New Format

Tue, Mar 16 2021 6:29 PM (104 replies)
  • wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 7:04 AM

BMX123:

Did WGT gift everyone some sleeves and some gear for our inconvenience?

No what WGT gifted for all this runaround was temporary Premier membership for 30 days, some ball effects, and a few of the Attribute boxes for clothing upgrades etc.

That's it. That's all you get. And of course the runaround. 

But wait, Torrey Pines is coming on the Spring! RUN FORREST RUN!

Now go play your coin games and make WGT some money so they can invest it into Elon Musks rocket boosters, because these dudes sure know how to burn a game up. 

• ampass
    260 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 7:40 AM

I’ve been playing since a few years now started mobile till a few months ago no NV. Don’t really have a problem with it, I don’t really post here but I’m reading occasionally and I don’t understand so many people are complaining  and moaning about a game I repeat a game. Does it have any flaws of course everything has flaws, but to read comments like the avatar is to big, I lost to a guy in a coin game ( what are worthless anyway), WGT is out to get me and so on. The game should be to have a good time and entertainment, but it seems to me a lot of people don’t have that since flash went away. If I start loosing fun I probably quit, but even if I shoot a lousy round I have fun and get to play with good and fun people. Am I a good player like waLKofLife young46, jsmithers and others( too many to name). No I’m not,  sometimes I shoot a decent score but that’s the fun of it, like with real golf. I’m a 8 handicap do I loose sometimes against higher handicaps, you bet I do. If perfection to a100% and never make mistakes is your goal I think golf in real life or virtual might be not for you. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 7:44 AM

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 8:02 AM

pdb1:

If that's the case . Maybe it's lack of know how ?

In a roundabout way... Know-how costs money in game dev, no way around that. I have no idea who is working on the game, I'm only going by what I'm seeing and those things speak pretty loudly that the general working model is to maintain the status quo.

Keeping player and game options to a minimum, because by introducing new mechanics they break VEM or they would operate outside of it. VEM is part of the game's system so if you're going to now have a feature for say moving your character's stance or open and close the club face, those have to be part of the system or they're working outside it with no interference. That's IF it can even be incorporated. 

Honestly I would have chosen to create a new game, new assets and proper coding, using basic physics engines for various aspects of the game, just enough to keep it challenging without being able to use simple calculations for pinpoints accuracy resulting in unrealistic scoring. Keep the appearance of the current game, courses and layout and of course they already have the revenue model in place so not like that's going to go away. 

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 8:52 AM

pdb1:
    Was it an email ? Or a link ? Or a joke ?

No pdb1, it was in my inbox of the new game as I had been using the PC App off and on pretty much since they debuted the new game. 

Of course any gift I get from WGT is great, I am always grateful in the end. 

Not sure if those that didn't use the new app before Dec30, 2020 would be eligible. Doubt it. Actually I received the Premier Membership twice, both for 30 days. 

I am disappointed with the Multi Player aspect of the game, however I am sure that come Spring! they will have it all up and running for Torrey Pines. 

Till then.... 

RSS