Help › Forums

New Format

Tue, Mar 16 2021 6:29 PM (104 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 3:30 AM

Kenher01:

rawits:

Obviously you want to be a kid again...read comics, play with crayons....you ever looked at Fortnite? It's a cartoon!

Irony is lost on you! ;)

The irony maybe gets lost with the facts ;-) Admittedly you know more about this than me, I just know google:

The guinea pig for Unreal Engine 5 is Fortnite, which has reached more than 350 million players across seven platforms. This year, Fortnite will debut on the PS5 and Xbox Series X based on Unreal Engine 4 technology, but it will eventually migrate toUnreal Engine 5.

Epic it seems.

Shame really, imagine if.....

Yesterday, players were treated to a new Fortnite patch that implemented the Chaos Physics system into the game. 

there was something called the Choas Physics System in WGT, the theories about what CPS was doing to peoples game would be.............. 

If it's not me reading things wrong then sorry Ken, I couldn't resist, and your point still stands that about half of all games do use Unity.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 4:18 AM

DodgyPutter:

Kenher01:

rawits:

Obviously you want to be a kid again...read comics, play with crayons....you ever looked at Fortnite? It's a cartoon!

Irony is lost on you! ;)

The irony maybe gets lost with the facts ;-) Admittedly you know more about this than me, I just know google:

The guinea pig for Unreal Engine 5 is Fortnite, which has reached more than 350 million players across seven platforms. This year, Fortnite will debut on the PS5 and Xbox Series X based on Unreal Engine 4 technology, but it will eventually migrate toUnreal Engine 5.

Epic it seems.

Shame really, imagine if.....

Yesterday, players were treated to a new Fortnite patch that implemented the Chaos Physics system into the game. 

there was something called the Choas Physics System in WGT, the theories about what CPS was doing to peoples game would be.............. 

If it's not me reading things wrong then sorry Ken, I couldn't resist, and your point still stands that about half of all games do use Unity.

Nw's Dodgy,

Yep I didn't look it up to check if in fact Fortnite uses Unity or not, it does NOT as you pointed out but my point wasn't lost on you re Unity being one of the Gaming Industry "standards" re Game Engines.

Another advantage of Unity & WGTchampion has alluded to this in a Stream Chat a month or two back is that Unity allows for full Crossplatform compatability between PC & Mobile so when Mobile gets AS, Skins, MP they will be able to play those of us who play on PC & or Mac

Ken

• BMX123
    627 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 6:20 AM

x

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 9:04 AM

Kenher01:
    Another advantage of Unity & WGTchampion has alluded to this in a Stream Chat a month or two back is that Unity allows for full Crossplatform compatability between PC & Mobile so when Mobile gets AS, Skins, MP they will be able to play those of us who play on PC & or Mac

Hmmm, Champ also said there will be uel but we'll see on both.  Why do these things come as rumours to a few, that are reading the forum on Steam in this case, who can then spread them further rather than be announced properly I wonder?

Anyone that wants to keep playing seriously and spends money on this game should certainly be on steam.  For example I could get the "birdie bundle" for £3.19, that's 750c, 2 x 695c wedges and some coins, on wgt for £3.19 I'd get 319c.  Even if I can't (probably can) sell back the wedges that's a massive difference.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 12:26 PM

The cross platform ability of Unity is why it's used by a large number of game developers looking to release games on mobile platforms, that's where Unity beats out UE as well as the financial differences. 

UE is used for a lot more than game development whereas Unity is pretty well mostly used for game dev. Unity is a lot easier to get rolling in, C# is much easier to learn than C++ for instance.

Deploying a game to different platforms is vastly different from the game functioning and playing equal on them. 

Coding UEL for the PC version does not mean all versions will have it or even be able to have it. There isn't one API for all versions of the game, be nice to know exactly what they originally wrote for the game, that would be nice. )

Part of the difficulty they face here is that the new version of the game wasn't rebuilt from the ground up, it's not a new game in the traditional sense. WGT is using Unity in much the same way it used Flash, they're using it as a deployment and delivery platform.Trying to build in new game play features is going to be a potential headache for sure. I don't envy them the task that's for sure.

There is no difference between the Steam version and the downloaded one, none. In fact if you install the downloaded one and then install the Steam version, you don't even have to set the game up, it reads your game config and starts right up with your settings. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 1:37 PM

dedBuNNy:
    Part of the difficulty they face here is that the new version of the game wasn't rebuilt from the ground up, it's not a new game in the traditional sense

Just the guy I was looking for. I'm playing the game wondering how it could be vastly improved with minimal effort but don't know enough about how things work.

For starters, why can't the chat be like the Flash version located underneath the hole info on the left side? Smaller type and able to be seen while the game is progressing would be a huge fix.

Secondly, how do they make the online visibility available to everybody at the same time? When the host asks for greens, have someplace for waiting types to go see.

Thirdly, what does it take to downsize the Godzilla avatar and make it not look like some primitive overlay onto the game?

Fourthly, what does it take to get the dang aimer yardage marker out of the way on the putting green?

I weathered this game from its infancy, waiting patiently for the changes that made it great. Am I faced with that same slog all over again or are these changes easy enough to make? Possibly at the sake of the stuipdass apparel, ball effects and tee markers........

p.s., Your response determines whether or not I continue to think that the game developers are just high school students working for college credits or not.  :-D

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 1:59 PM

dedBuNNy:
    Coding UEL for the PC version does not mean all versions will have it or even be able to have it. There isn't one API for all versions of the game, be nice to know exactly what they originally wrote for the game, that would be nice. )

I wouldn't know about any of that, I just mentioned ir as it was something else Champ said would be here "in the new (this) year".

RSS