Help › Forums

New Format

Tue, Mar 16 2021 6:29 PM (104 replies)
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 9:31 AM

pdb1:

wedge0837:
    No what WGT gifted for all this runaround was temporary Premier membership for 30 days, some ball effects, and a few of the Attribute boxes for clothing upgrades etc.

Was it an email ? Or a link ? Or a joke ?

Was in WGT News back at end of Nov/early Dec

Ken

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 10:24 AM

pdb1:

I don't think that is it . VEM is used widespread . I am sure it is very adaptable .

From reading the available patent information it seems like the VEM system are assigned to the various assets and elements of the game and that it works with almost everything in it, like everything... It's really pretty impressive. 

So say having the (new) ability to move the character back and forth a certain distance, that would have to be assigned some sort of value or condition within VEM, moving forward is going to impart more loft and ball height so that, missing the ding would give you an unfavorable shot result, depending on wind and ball and club used... It all works together, seemingly anyway. 

That's what I mean by 'breaking VEM' not imploding it completely, but if something is not under control of VEM then there's no influence on conditions. I mean that's sort of how I see it all working anyway, I could be completely wrong. lol 

Honestly, I think it would have been way way easier to simply incorporate physics engines, tweak and let them do their thing. Not that would have worked with the revenue modelling, which is taken into consideration as well. 

The entire way this game was brought to market should be a course in MBA programs... 

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 1:14 PM

Physics engines would not be controlled by the VEM, they're not assets in game, but are like VEM in that they influence the game environment.. God having VEM and Physics engines at the same time? 

Holy crap... LOL!!!! 

Assigning new movements to characters would be though as that's an in game action affecting the character so that's pretty simple to write in I imagine, I mean I'd think it would be. 

It would be funny if VEM didn't even exist, that those patents are just there, but never worked properly and it's a massive exercise in suggestive game play psychology and that all the suck is on us. 

lmao....  > <  

• muggle420
    13 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 5:45 PM

LibTuhrdsSuk:

"11 years loving this game and WGT has managed to destroy my passion for it overnight. Well done."

Absolutely.  The new and "deproved" version sucks ass!

Same here, I'm pretty much done with this garbage. Everything looks nice but the game play is nothing like the old version. Putting doesnt track right. Wind doesn't react the same greens speeds are not the same. % the ball is buried doesn't reflect the old values the flash version had. Getting a 9 hole game with multiple people is nearly impossible in less than 10 mins. I can go on but im getting more and more frustrated every time I play it and Im pretty much ready to stop playing.  

Great job WGT you completely ruined what was once the best multiplayer golf game online. 

• woodgolfdog
    10 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 8:18 PM

Exactly my sentiments, I've been playing since 2009, but I'm done.This game sucks with the new format.

RSS