Forums

Help › Forums

Language: How do I get settings back to English?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 18 2022 4:57 PM (22 replies)
  • Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2021 4:17 PM

I'm a french user guy but i like to play in english mode because i'm used ot it(text is also generally shorter). I can confirm how awful are the translations sometimes. When i switch back i even see some parts in french and others in english in the same language setting.

Too much google translate jobs these days.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2021 4:45 PM

Tabarnak777:
    I can confirm how awful are the translations sometimes.

That is the limit of machine translation. It's getting smarter and smarter real fast, though. Translation/interpretation is definitely one of the jobs which will be soon replaced by AI in the near future.

• Olive1619
    11 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2021 4:25 PM

My setting gs are already sett to English.  This didn't work for me.

• AndyKashu
    14 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2021 1:40 PM

Nope. It won't, Mr Clairvoyant. You can't replace a human brain by a machine, at least not when it comes to complex languages. There's context, there's meaning, there's sarcasm, irony, cynicism... you can't teach all that a lifeless, heartless, bloodless, artificial "intelligence". What you're mislead by might be the term "intelligence". Stay focused on the term "artificial" instead. That's what it is and always will be.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 4:51 AM

Can someone help please - my WGT webpage jsut went into German.  I can't see any language selections in the footer of any page.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 4:56 AM

MioKontic:

Can someone help please - my WGT webpage jsut went into German.  I can't see any language selections in the footer of any page.

Never miind, I just found it...

• POPPYPEUX
    839 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 4:58 AM

Mio,

Look at Scott's post on Tue, Apr 27 2021 4:11 AM on previous page!

At bottom of my page you have:

EN   ES   FR   DE       (just above contact WGT)

Poppy

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 10:00 AM

POPPYPEUX:

Mio,

Look at Scott's post on Tue, Apr 27 2021 4:11 AM on previous page!

At bottom of my page you have:

EN   ES   FR   DE       (just above contact WGT)

Poppy

Yeah, I saw his post, hence why I said I couldn't see anything in the footer.  I had meant to copy in his post, but forgot.  Then I saw the options 2 minutes later, and that's why I posted a screenshot for others to see.

• AndyKashu
    14 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 9:17 PM

Cookies! Either you didn't allow them or deleted them later by cleaning something, using programs that clean data, changing security settings of your browser, having data removed by extensions to keep your browser clean and lean... the simplest thing removes what you think the website had had saved, and you start all over with settings. That's what cookies are there for too, to save settings. No cookies, no cigar.

Or haven't you ever thought about how or where websites save your personal data? You probably didn't click on something by mistake, you unintentionally removed data or intentionally but weren't aware of a rather global and not just local effect. Happens a lot with folks on PCs. I read this also a lot here, that people suddenly miss what they had just set and don't know why it works again but has changed in the first place and so on. That's the first thing that comes to my mind: cookies. Only essential cookies allowed, everything else rejected or none at all, deleted them later on with other programs or by using browser settings. It's that simple. Technology or machines do not make mistakes. Humans do.

• StuieD670
    1 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2022 4:17 AM

I’ve got Spanish. Which I don’t know. What’s going on? I can’t even get to a game!!

RSS