Help › Forums

Display Problem (EA PC)

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 1 2021 9:31 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nopro17
    15,991 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 4:38 PM

Has anybody encountered something like this?

One of my members was reporting in our forum that he could only see white bars on the top and bottom of the screen. I couldn't figure out what he was trying to describe.  My impression was that he wasn't even getting the game to load.

As our "computer guy" (40+ years in the biz), I connected to his computer remotely to see what he was talking about.  The above is what I saw.

The game actually works (i.e. you can click where the buttons are supposed to be) but the display is messed up. 

My first thought was to change the theme.  No go.

Second thought ... complete uninstall (including folder and registry key) and reinstall ... no go.

Changed performance options for "best performance" ... doesn't work.

I can't even remember how many other things I tried.  This seems to be a tough nut to crack.

One thing I learned over the years is that I don't actually know everything.  So, I will defer to anybody who has any suggestion how to solve this problem.

The computer is running a 32-bit version of Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4GHz and 3GB RAM.  There's no way to play around with the graphics settings through a separate program.  The computer is actually quite fast.

I read somewhere that the recommended amount of RAM is 4GB.  The program runs, so that's encouraging, but could the RAM cause a display issue like this?

Any thoughts?

• Drlg4oilnnd
    64 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 6:24 PM

Load up  pcea . go into settings . check display mode  . if it says windows   change  to full  screen.   To me it  appears to be in windows mode .

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 1:31 AM

Graphics driver issue?

• LittleAl56
    5 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 8:17 AM

loaded new version but when I try to open it opens in a box so small you can hardly read it and wont allow to maximize. HELP!

• QueeksDraw
    192 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 10:15 AM

still no go

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 11:09 AM

Go to Task Manager, Performance tab and look at the GPU.  What does the Shared GPU memory setting say?

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 12:08 PM

Is it an external monitor or a laptop display?

• LittleAl56
    5 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 3:02 PM

laptop

• nopro17
    15,991 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 3:19 PM

Thank you for your suggestions.

We tried them but they did not work.

WGT replied and said that it needs a minimum of 4GB of RAM.

I also did some more investigation.

Long story short ... the best solution here appears to be to find another device/computer to play the game.

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 3:46 PM

WGT does not know a thing. Game is very easy to run and does not need at all 4 GBs of ram. Your problem has nothing to do with ram. It's a GPU thing. Since it's a laptop, i would i advice you to connect it via HDMI to an external display (monitor, TV) and see if continues the problem.

How much time do you have this problem? A week? A month?

After trying the first solution go and have a restore point to a previous date where the problem was not there.

• PAGES
RSS