Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • freddydivit
    389 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2021 4:32 PM

Week # 28  at St. Andrews -- Score:  67 (-5)

A completely undistinguished round at my favorite course.  Left several putts dangling from lips and saved my only bogey for the end of the round (at the HATED 17th.... I truly can't ever feel good about playing that hole, especially with the pin position in the back left corner with that monster bunker guarding its entrance).  Nothing particularly great to note.  Mostly just a solid enough, if totally blah performance.  67 won't get the job done at The Old Course.  Sigh.  On to next week, and congrats to those of you shooting nice and low!

Steve

• BStanley6
    1,179 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2021 6:58 PM

It's a 64 around St Andrews for me around St Andrews & I'm absolutely stoked with that.

I managed a bogey free round going 5 under on Front 9 & if my maths is any good still that's a 3 under around the back.  I even managed to Par my arch nemesis Hole #17 (I have birdied it once, maybe 3-4 pars & bogey or worse the other times) after a killer kick across green into the eff you.

That caps off a great week or so for me as I moved up to Legend tier & scored my first ever (virtual or real) Hole In One (2nd Hole at Torrey, Amazingly after holing out a chip shot on the 1st so had my 1st putt on the 3rd & then after holing out on 5 I was 2 putts for 5 holes).

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2021 6:04 AM

freddydivit:

(at the HATED 17th.... I truly can't ever feel good about playing that hole, especially with the pin position in the back left corner with that monster bunker guarding its entrance)

Tip: There are a couple good ways to go for par on that pin. One is to play slightly short of the hole and into the gap between the bunker and the top of the green. (If you play for full distance, you risk going over the top of the green) If you can get the ball into that gap, it never feeds down to the hole as much as I think it should, but usually will get you a good downhill look at bird. I really struggle with making this putt, and it is easy to roll the ball to far past, but if you putt conservative and lag the ball down, it should be an easy tap in par.

I will be out of town the rest of the week, but I am updating the leaderboard now and it will be updated again Monday morning. Good luck all!

• diehard4793
    527 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2021 7:02 AM

I worked on the putting this week and managed a 65   still left several easy birds out there but happy with the round 

• beerstine
    665 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2021 11:54 AM

Started out pretty hot, -9 through 12, then leveled off on the back 9 and ended up with 62.  Best round I've had in the tour since moving to the back tees.  

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2021 2:32 PM

54 at St A. Shame to miss good mid-range eagle chances on 5 and 18, but a solid round nonetheless.

• DuduM1
    287 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2021 1:49 AM

I got a 62. I just had too many aaahhhh moments and then on the 17th, in desperation I departed from my usual formula and ended up dropping one. Some of us narrowly miss eagles and others narrowly miss birdies :-)

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2021 5:31 AM

One of my better rounds on this course. Left 4 or 5 birdies out there but still managed a -10. Winds were'nt that horrible surprisingly. 

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2021 10:31 PM

Wk 28 18 HSP St Andrews - 59

Shoulda, woulda, coulda had my first 57 here but blew a tap in ramming it too hard and lipped out, then totally misread another putt. But otherwise the game was on, ran off 7 straight birdies at one point. 

See you next week.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

• TomCarioca
    286 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2021 9:48 AM

RSS