Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2021 8:23 AM

Can I talk about my round in the Wk 10 Champion Tournament instead of this one? I should have known better than to tee off in this tournament right after playing a fantastic round. It is hard for me to keep the momentum going. 

So I struggled. I know infinite is a big number, but I thought I was going to run out of my Putter Pal on that front 9. After making the turn at -3, I rallied on the back with 6 straight birds to start, and then throwing in one more on 17 to finish with a 60. 

On to round two! Go low & have fun!

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2021 9:11 AM

Bringing up the rear, and I deserve to be there, but things may just change next 3 rounds.  Think I have figured out a couple things that are sure to help.   AND on top of that was able to play my first ALT-Shot this morning, something that has not been possible in quite some time, and it was random.

After seeing Champs post yesterday on a 3/2 update,(that addressed the above issue) maybe WGT is making some progress.

• GArmstrong8
    1,195 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2021 1:21 PM

I shot a -3....67 on the Week 10 single play.

• diehard4793
    527 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2021 2:03 PM

I am very happy with my round today of 66 on the Mighty Oak. double bogey on 18 cost me dearly but i should have known to pick up the acorns before putting instead of trying putt around them.   

66  for week 10

• Jag001
    1,453 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2021 2:47 PM

Summoning up the courage for this round, this course always scares the hell outta me.

Perhaps some dutch courage is required.

Jeff

• wags700
    1,752 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2021 4:34 PM

I had birdies on 2 and 4 on the front 9 and then started the back with 3 straight birdies. That was all I could muster. The other 13 holes were very unexciting and comfortable pars. Burned a lot of edges this week.

Week 10 Oakmont 65

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2021 4:58 PM

BPeterson8256:

Can I talk about my round in the Wk 10 Champion Tournament instead of this one? I should have known better than to tee off in this tournament right after playing a fantastic round. It is hard for me to keep the momentum going. 

So I struggled. I know infinite is a big number, but I thought I was going to run out of my Putter Pal on that front 9. After making the turn at -3, I rallied on the back with 6 straight birds to start, and then throwing in one more on 17 to finish with a 60. 

On to round two! Go low & have fun!

When I saw this, I thought maybe on my second try that I might be able to get closer to Bretts score if I really concentrated.

So after a couple of glasses of courage...........a 58 (63 first round) WooHoo

Feeling rather pleased until I checked the Leader Board.

There's Brett sitting in position 1 with a 53 (ffs....sorry for swearing)

Awesome score Brett......congrats mate.

Brian

• VinnyGoombotz
    324 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2021 5:13 PM

Shot 73 at Oakmont both front and back nine were about the same .

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2021 5:38 PM

Week 10 Oakmont, a very relaxing 66!

Cheers Brett!

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2021 7:40 PM

Week 10 @ Oakmont

I can remember the very first time I got a birdie at Oakmont, a fair few years back. It was a great feeling and made me think I was actually getting somewhere with this game if I could beat par on even a single hole of what I considered to be the toughest course in the WGT catalogue. I guess by that point I hadn't played Merion yet....

Anyway, I have always had an affection for Oakmont because of that memory, and although that affection has rarely been returned over the years I'm happy to report that today was a virtual love-in between us, and I came away with a 58.

Nigel.

RSS