Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • TomCarioca
    288 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 8:38 AM

Hey Makandamea, AY!

Feels great to dance with a sweet 63 in the books - head held high and chest swelling with pride, doesn't it?

After that very nice warming-up let me go out there and see what the Oaks got prepared for me - have great memories from my very early days playing Oakmont: 58s,59s, 60s - true love that recently has completely fallen apart. Almonds and rust.

Back in a sec...

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 8:52 AM

almancini:

Hi Brett is there a link to the Winters End Classic or do I just play Oakmount and post a score?Sorry newbie question!Regards Almancini

The first round is the Wk 10 18-Hole Single Play tournament that you need to play, and then post your score here. This week that tournament is at Oakmont. If you follow that link and enter it there, it will show up in "My Tournaments" in the game app. You can also sign up and play through the game itself.

The following rounds will also be the weekly 18-Hole Single Play tournaments. 

Good luck!

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 9:27 AM

TomCarioca:
    Hey Makandamea, AY!
    Love it....MakaDAMEa!

DufferJohn can have the next. . . . if he wants.

GLTA!

• TomCarioca
    288 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 11:38 AM

AlaskanDame:

TomCarioca:
    Hey Makandamea, AY!
    Love it....MakaDAMEa!

It's maKANDAMEa   ;)

Had a better than expected encounter - 30/30 to total 60

Some very nice almonds but then there still is that bitter Kola when after a perfect approach of 272yards on #4 there is a nut length missing to drop for double eagle.

Or the two 4 footers that decided to lip-out... followed by a make-it-three-in-a-row 36ft lip-out. That drives me Baru, Pili, whatever and it will stay the love and hate relationship between us...

Let's dance - AY

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 12:17 PM

TomCarioca:
    Let's dance - AY
    As the commentator used to say. . . “On the dance floor!”  Cheers!

• paulgreen79
    389 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 2:07 PM

Absolutely abysmal round. Couldn’t get anything going the entire round, poor approach shots leaving me with hardly any birdie putts and ended up scrapping a 70

• JBIII9
    299 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 4:23 PM

Shot an even round of 70.  I thought the course played really tough so I am pretty happy with it. 

Started out with back to back bogeys.  The second bogey I felt confident was going make my birdie putt and get that stroke back, but three putts later.....  After a very lucky par save on hole 3 I finally settled down managed a few birdies, an eagle and limited any further damage to nothing worse then bogey.

The highlight of the round was holing out from 167 yard on number 7 for eagle.

• almancini
    203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 6:41 PM

Thx Brett Finally figured it out shot a 71 good mix of good+bad love to have a straight putt now and again!Enjoying format.Regards Almancini

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 6:46 PM

JBIII9:
    The highlight of the round was holing out from 167 yard on number 7 for eagle.
    Wow, that IS a highlight!  Once again, I am missing the old version’s replay function. . .

WELL DONE, JB.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 6:58 PM

55 at Oak. Every holed putt was a tap-in, the 5 missable ones were all missed.

RSS