Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • JBIII9
    299 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 10:21 AM

Shot at 67 for WK6 - R1

Great round for me.  I was sticking many shots right near the pin.  I kind a fell apart on the last few holes which was a disappointment as I was 7 under pretty late in my round.  Oh well, just like my real game, I end up choking when a start thinking about how well I am doing.  

Still a round that I am very happy about!

• diehard4793
    527 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 1:02 PM

Well went back and forth on the front with birdie n bogey finishing the front at 2 under.  A quad bogey on 17 with the pond taking 2 of my balls and ended the round scratching my head trying to remember the last time i had a quad.  final score 73 for the round.

• VinnyGoombotz
    322 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 2:02 PM

I play well and shot a 59 at Kiawah and also my first round a pebble beach was 71   Vinny

• VinnyGoombotz
    322 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 6:30 PM

My 2nd rd at Pebble Beach was a disaster shot 82.

• Jag001
    1,451 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 2:41 AM

Wk 6 Kiawah, 

well my hate - hate relationship with this course continued, struggle to find the ding for the entire round, 

The lack of camera's and the inconsistent winds dance merrily in my psyche for the entire round, I kept find myself in awkward distances for approach shots to the green and my distance from the pin after the shot was the result, 

On Kiawah greens you dont get away with constantly having to sink long putts and today it was just that case. 

The front 9 was bogey free, however nothing to write home about making the turn and 31

After a quick nature break and a long swig of aiming liquid, I set off on the back 9, first 7 holes were like I was playing a completely different game, 7 Straight Birdies from 10 through to hole 17.

Then the dreaded hole 17, wind from the wrong quarter having to aim way out over the pond. Hit the shot and hearbeats and not just my own. 11ft past the pin but safe. I was tricked by the gots on the return putt and just lipped out, spoiling my perfect run on the back 9.

Final hole and wanting to get back on the birdie train, I hit an ideal drive into good position on the fairway, they somehow manage to thump a 7 iron into a 10 mph head wind 171 yrs some 8yrds past the pin, still shaking my head over that. Anyhoo, lagged the putt to within a 1ft and tapped in for par.

Ending the round with a 60 

cheers,

Jeff

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 11:38 AM

54 @Kia. Much better dinging and feeling a little more comfortable on the greens.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 12:38 PM

fmagnets:

54 @Kia. Much better dinging and felling a little more comfortable on the greens.

Well done Mags.

A 54 at Kia is outstanding regardless.

Nice to see progress.

Don

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 1:23 PM

fmagnets:

54 @Kia. Much better dinging and felling a little more comfortable on the greens.

That´s brilliant. As you might have noticed in the thread, we are many that still struggle with Kia´s various characteristics. 

There's hope:)

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 7:46 PM

WK 6 - 18 Hole Single Play 

Kiawah (63) 

I hit a lot of bad 2nd shots to the greens because of lack of proper view... like there used to be....otherwise I'd be as good at the top dog(s)..... maybe...well.. fine.... maybe not...

still upset with the (63) though 

lol 

• WildCoast
    457 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2021 1:54 AM

WK 6 - 18 Hole Single Play 

Kiawah 66

All I can say is nightmare at Kiawah 

Thanks Steve

RSS