Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • JBIII9
    299 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 4:07 PM

I maybe too late but just found this after being referred by AlaskaDame.  I am interested in playing if not too late.  

I have already played WK1 and WK2 18 hole and posted a 79 for WK1 and a 72 for WK2. 

If too late please put me on your list for the next tourney. Thanks

• AlaskanDame
    18,874 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 5:32 PM

I had mostly good luck on the F9 and mostly bad playing on the B9. 31/38 = 69

Personally, I think monkeys would be better-suited for playing those greens, what with all the bananas putts out there.  I monkeyed about happily on the F9 though with banana birds on 1,3,and 9, and regular birds on 5 and 6.  Plus a whooo-hoo ice cream cone Eagle on No. 2 (you know, when WGT shows you that you really had too much speed on the putt, but they give it to you anyway, showing the ball poking out the top just to make sure that you know it’s a gift).

However, a three-putt bogey on 4 (starting with the miss of a 6-foot banana birdie putt) kept me at 31.  Should have been 29.  Oh well.......can’t always play like a happy monkey.

Then I made the mistake of thinking my first four holes on the B9 were a little boring with all the 2-putt pars.  A strong wind from the left took the tree out of play on the 14th, and I thought I’d be okay....birdie territory even.  Ha!  Double Bogey, double chip, double putt, and sprinkle a little sugar on it.   Followed with a birdie on 15, 3-putt Bogey on 16, par on 17, and couldn’t even salvage a birdie on that beautiful ending Par 5 against a stiff 20 mph headwind wind (which, of course, did not blow for the 3rd shot, leaving a long 2-putt).

There’s a reason I usually put only the F9 up for club tourneys.  LOL.

• KillzOnHorseback
    611 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 5:41 PM

Wk #3 Single Play @ Pebble Beach.....Oh my was it a terrible rd  shot a dismal 63, i think i had a headwind on at least 15 of the 18 holes, couldn't get nothing going at all, missed to many putts, they seemed to be just a tad high every time. I think i need to start practicing some b4 playing this . Oh well we give er another shot next week........

Ken........

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 6:28 PM

JBIII9:

I maybe too late but just found this after being referred by AlaskaDame.  I am interested in playing if not too late.  

I have already played WK1 and WK2 18 hole and posted a 79 for WK1 and a 72 for WK2. 

If too late please put me on your list for the next tourney. Thanks

I am adding you to the Tour and you will get credit in the points race for playing this first tournament if you keep playing it. Welcome to the Tour!

However, out of a sense of fairness to those that signed up on time, I am excluding you from any Top 10 position in this tournament (the New Year Open). As a new player that is obviously learning fast. You are going to do very well on this Tour. And if I let you jump in right now you would take over the lead.

Thanks for joining! 

Brett

• beerstine
    656 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 2:38 AM

Came in at 69 for this round.  Ordinarily that's a good round for me over 18 at Pebble, but 3 lip outs, 2 late round bogeys and a mysteriously breaking birdie putt on 18 with almost no dot movement leaves me just a little disgusted for what should have my best round ever there.

That said, should still fare well once the handicaps are accounted for so why am I complaining?  Because I like to!

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 2:40 AM

Hi Brett, Jim  ( Sirbugger ) in Nova wants to join, his score for last week @ Chambers Bay was 63.

Garry.

• TomCarioca
    283 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 5:42 AM

wk3 Pebble Banana Beach   61

A cheerful encounter of happy banana birds and still-a-bit-uninspired-but-on-the-rise bogeys, guarded by 2 very proud and beautiful big birds,

You are welcome to join the party :)

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 6:01 AM

GARRYCARTER:

Hi Brett, Jim  ( Sirbugger ) in Nova wants to join, his score for last week @ Chambers Bay was 63.

Garry.

He has been added. Please have him post here. It makes it easier when I need to track down scores.

Leaderboard has been updated on page 1

(Late entries will get credit for playing, but not for their placement until next tournament)

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 6:23 AM

Hi Brett, Yeah I did tell him to find out where the forum is but they're having problems navigating around this newer version, I've tried to explain but it's not easy lol.

Anyway just played my week 3 18 hole @ Pebble Beach, got to say probably my best round since being back after my illness.

Front 9 had only 2 pars, the rest were 6 birds & 1 eagle, so to the back 9 also getting a bit of nerves setting in after that -8 on the front, But manged to keep it clean and add 5 more birds to finish of with a very pleasing -13 - 59.

Special mention to Banco de Gaia for the music to play along with, think I might have found my 18 hole playing buddy lol.

Garry. 

• JBIII9
    299 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 9:39 AM

Thanks for letting me in as a late entry.

WK3 posted a 78.  A little closer to my normal score.

RSS