Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 7:22 AM

Congratulations to the 2021 Simpatico Springs Tour Champion, marcfive!

marcfive posted 3 good low rounds to start the championship, padding his 6 stroke advantage that he earned for his solid play all year. He then finished it up with a solid final round, taking his lead to -20 for the Championship. The Championship prize worth 5,550 credits awaits his instructions. Once again... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Player Total
    -6 marcfive -20

almancini -17

AlaskanDame -17

Congratulations to AlaskanDame and almancini on their 2nd place finish!

The two of them came out of the pack without any advantage, and finished in an exact tie for 2nd. Both of them will receive 3,550 worth of credits for their efforts. The final leaderboard will be posted as soon as the last player is off the course

Shout out & Thank You to all who have kept this Tour fun all year!

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 8:07 AM

Congratulations to the winners!  Well played. 

Thank you Brett for all the hard work making the tour possible and great fun. 

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday season. 

Have fun and hit em straight, 

John 

• AlaskanDame
    18,957 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 9:41 AM

BPeterson8256:

Congratulations to AlaskanDame and almancini on their 2nd place finish!

The two of them came out of the pack without any advantage, and finished in an exact tie for 2nd. Both of them will receive 3,550 worth of credits for their efforts.

Very generous, Brett!  I thought we’d be sharing the total of 5000 allotted for 2nd and 3rd, but you are giving us both the 2nd place booty.  WGT could learn something from you!  I played every week and was only in the top 10 once or twice, I think, but I got 4 rounds of decent play finally together at the end.  Whew!

It has been a challenging year to play these 18’s from default tees with champ greens, as I mentioned above, since I am unabashedly a red tees, high wind, slow tees Tour Champion playing 9-holes at a time.  That’s just the most fun way to play for me, not seeking a title, but getting over 2200 days of CDP and also having time to run a club for the past 7 years or so with all the behind the scenes work that most people never see but that provide the “glue” for community.  

Thanks again for the time it took for you to do this event, esp after the wgt email system failed.

And, of course, the prize pot is greatly appreciated.  Who needs Black Friday when you have Brett’s “credit” card to go shopping with.  As with most gift cards I get in the real world, I’ll be shopping for things that have caught my eye but would not buy for myself.  And things that will last, not be used up.  In real life, I still wear lots of clothes from 30 years ago, but hey, this is a video game, and since wgt won’t fix the real glitches, I’ll content myself with fancy duds. [Update:  I guess apparel can’t be gifted. . . sigh, another change from Flash.  Geeez, WGT, you could make money by allowing people to buy each other ugly sweaters and turkey heads!)

Cheers,

AKD

• marcfive
    1,452 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 12:26 PM

Again I want to thank you Brett for the generous prize and for hosting this multi-club tournament. Congrats to all the winners and all those who played. 

Marc

• wags700
    1,751 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 2:15 PM

fmagnets:

VinnyGoombotz:

...Fragments and so many other good players.

Also nice to see that even spellcheck thinks I am a shattered fraction of my former self!!

Hey, spellcheck, I did have one good week out of 40 whatever :-)

LOL

• almancini
    203 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 5:13 PM

Firstly a big thanks to Brett for his generosity and hard work in putting on this unique comp.As a Master it has been a great experience to be on a leaderboard with so many great players from different levels.I can not wait to tell my fellow CC members how I managed 2nd place against such illustrious company!(might forget to mention the handicap system!).Secondly I feel really bad sharing 2nd place with AKD.(Yea sure).She is a very generous person who gifted me my wedges as a secret Santa I hope she remembers and forgives me!Without her help I could not have been anywhere near competitive in this event so thanks again.Finally all the best for Christmas and the New Year from downunder to everybody,stay safe.Regards Allan (almancini)

• AlaskanDame
    18,957 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 8:02 PM

almancini:
    Without her help I could not have been anywhere near competitive in this event so thanks again
    Always happy to see wedges put to good use!  And always happy to share a podium.

• beerstine
    664 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 1:11 AM

Great job Marc, AKD and Almancini.  Way to come through when it counts.  Enjoy the winnings.  

Many thanks to Brett for his generosity, hard work and effort to build a unique space for players of different abilities, experience levels and clubs to some together.  Relax and enjoy the holidays.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 5:54 AM

almancini:

Firstly a big thanks to Brett for his generosity and hard work in putting on this unique comp.As a Master it has been a great experience to be on a leaderboard with so many great players from different levels.I can not wait to tell my fellow CC members how I managed 2nd place against such illustrious company!(might forget to mention the handicap system!).Secondly I feel really bad sharing 2nd place with AKD.(Yea sure).She is a very generous person who gifted me my wedges as a secret Santa I hope she remembers and forgives me!Without her help I could not have been anywhere near competitive in this event so thanks again.Finally all the best for Christmas and the New Year from downunder to everybody,stay safe.Regards Allan (almancini)

Hey Allan, I sent a friend request and posted a message on your wall, but I am nit sure if you have seen either. Let me know what You would like me to gift to you with the credits you have won.  Cheers, BP

• AlaskanDame
    18,957 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 10:36 AM

BPeterson8256:

Hey Allan, I sent a friend request and posted a message on your wall, but I am nit sure if you have seen either. Let me know what You would like me to gift to you with the credits you have won.  Cheers, BP

Hey, Allan…….

Since you’ve leveled up quite a bit after I sent you those other wedges, take a look at the level 89 - 91 Max Meter beauties.  I love mine!

RSS